Charlotte --- 600 RACE thread

Happy for Truex. But man, that race was physically painful to watch. I cooked dinner, called friends, called relatives and did laundry and the complexion of the race never changed.

I've probably seen races that were this bad, but I don't remember when.

Glad for Truex.

But goodness, what an awful race. By far the worst of the year. Just terrible.

Chase with yet another top ten. When will the doubters give this kid the credit he is due.
No instead we still get to hear about how Blaney is more talented in lesser equipment (I could see that if their results were even relatively close, but they haven't been), or how Erik Jones is better because he won a truck title. I've just stopped paying it any mind.

Chase has been unreal.

So are we not gonna talk about Truex nosing into Hamlin?

Cmon we gotta have something interesting to talk about after that **** race

I don't think many people actually wanted to see the caution come out.

However, what is and is not a caution seems to vary almost week-to-week. And that is what bothers people.
That point has been made. Countless times. It's valid.

Absent is any acknowledgement that the calls are subjective. Also absent is the fact that the situation is vastly improved.

Damn man emotional wins make me emotional.

Yeah seriously. Kyle pretty much knocked the wall down. :confused:

True
No instead we still get to hear about how Blaney is more talented in lesser equipment (I could see that if their results were even relatively close, but they haven't been), or how Erik Jones is better because he won a truck title. I've just stopped paying it any mind.

Chase has been unreal.

I'm on all the bandwagons idgaf!!!!!

Happy for Truex. But man, that race was physically painful to watch. I cooked dinner, called friends, called relatives and did laundry and the complexion of the race never changed.

I just started throwing back IPA's after lap 75. Proud of you.

Absent is any acknowledgement that the calls are subjective. Also absent is the fact that the situation is vastly improved.
I can agree with that. I'll take one yellow for every 150 miles any week.

Truex to the 5. Jones to the 78. Hamlin gets another year because Daytona 500.
Hamlin only managed a 4th place finish tonight - he's definitely out after that miserable performance. Probably won't get to finish out this year.

True true. KyBu did smoke that wall though. I'd rather them default to green as opposed to yellow, however.

Chase has been unreal.
Chase gets his share of the mentions...He certainly has done much better in the 24 than I expected and how he is doing it is very impressive. That said, I like Blaney's story line with the Wood Brothers better.

Chase has been unreal.

Who's been making the Elliott vs. Blaney comparison? I haven't seen much.

One thing nobody can accuse me of is being on the Chase Bandwagon. Here's one of my completely ignored threads.

http://racing-forums.com/threads/chase-elliott.35013/
Not directed toward you specifically but Chase has himself a pretty substantial fan base already (especially after taking over for Gordon). I don't think many people doubt the dude right now. Easily the best rookie campaign in quite some time he's having.

Okay I'm sorry but who has hated on Chase Elliott? I've never seen anyone on this board say he wasn't going to be a good driver lol. And not sure what Erik jones has to do with this but yes they're both really good

Chase and Blaney both have a lot of talent, and are making this rookie battle fun as heck to watch.

Okay I'm sorry but who has hated on Chase Elliott? I've never seen anyone on this board say he wasn't going to be a good driver lol. And not sure what Erik jones has to do with this but yes they're both really good

I remember a solid portion of the cowboy hat fan base hating on Elliott and swinging from the Dillon boys nads. It seems to have all equalized though and now I'm pretty sure we all think there are like 10 badass race car drivers under the age of 25 between cup and xfinity.

I was glued to my TV and computer, watching lap times, thinking about strategy, thinking about what it would take to beat the 4 and the 48. The race was awesome. Think about it. How the hell does a guy dominate like that? Just unbelievable. Guess I see things differently.

Just got a chance to watch the race.
Really happy for Truex but damn I struggled to stay awake.
It made me sad to hear the ages of the young servicemen that were honored on the windshields.

It made me sad to hear the ages of the young servicemen that were honored on the windshields.
Yes, but props to FOX for taking the time to talk about them, they werent just a name on windshield

Back
Top Bottom