Charlotte - Bank of America 500 - Pre Race Thread

made me laff
Capture.PNG

LOL Kahne.

What a damn retard that team is.

Actually, no. will there be a new track record for the pole?

Pole isn't determined until 3rd round. Sorry.
So splain it to me. The track record before tonight was 195.624 mph and it's been broken several times tonight. So does that mean after they have several laps on their tires they have to break the previous track record or the one that has already been set tonight. The pole tonight was 197.390.

Last edited:
Yeah Jimmie just doesn't have it this year.

Hopefully he is good for the race.

The worst qualifier is the 20, unless I overlooked another catch.

Damnit. Gordon had the pole but loss a **** ton of time off of 4.

Second though is plenty enough for now.

He will lead... Then fade into the latter part of the race... 10th sounds good.

I'm just sayin'.

So splain it to me. The track record before tonight was 195.624 mph and it's been broken several times tonight. So does that mean after they have several laps on their tires they have to break the previous track record or the one that has already been set tonight. The pole tonight was 197.390.
The previous POLE record was 195.62.
Now, the pole is not determined until the 3rd round is over --- Kyle just set a new record for the pole.
I don't count any speeds in the early rounds because those rounds don't set the pole speed.

You better hope Goodyear planned ahead for cars going fast, or we could have another week of leaders popping tires.:D
Yeah, it doesn't really matter anymore. I'm losing interest in the sport. I used to enjoy watching qualifying, now it's just on in the other room. Qualifying doesn't matter, points don't matter, I really don't care who wins The Cup anymore, either because the whole format will probably be different next year.
I don't care who wins Saturday night, I just hope there's some passing.

The previous POLE record was 195.62.
Now, the pole is not determined until the 3rd round is over --- Kyle just set a new record for the pole.
I don't count any speeds in the early rounds because those rounds don't set the pole speed.

@Johali needs a few BudLights before he can respond with authority. ;)

Bayne DNQ.

The car looked awful with no speed. I see why Roush only runs three cars..
RFR is such a dumpster fire. Looks like Bayne might need Carl's owner points to make the first few races next season.

Bayne DNQ.

The car looked awful with no speed. I see why Roush only runs three cars..

I picked him for Yahoo fantasy... Thankfully, I picked an alternate who was for sure to qualify. Though I didn't think about it and actually thought Bayne would have a decent car.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10:

ON TRACK
-- 3-3:50 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, ESPN2 (Follow live)
-- 4:10 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying (Follow live)
-- 5:30-6:50 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, ESPN2 (Follow live)
-- 7:30 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Drive for the Cure 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), ESPN2 (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch Live)
-- 10 p.m.: Post NNS race

Ya got to admit, It is kind of weird when the fast time does not set on the pole. o_O But that is how this qualifying is set up so that is da way it is.
At least the fast time still gets the qualifying record... but yeah its weird when a qualifying record time didnt put a driver on the pole.

Ya got to admit, It is kind of weird when the fast time does not set on the pole. o_O But that is how this qualifying is set up so that is da way it is.
Until qualifying earns points, it really dont matter all too much with this format imo

Back
Top Bottom