Charlotte - Bank of America 500 - Pre Race Thread

He said he wanted to loosen up the car. I was like wtf?

Charlotte with all that grip at night makes the car feel a bit tight. It's better off that way as well...

Actually more speed loosens up the car because it pins the nose.

image.jpg

Why dont they just have one long practice session from 5 to like 7:30 or something? Practicing at 2PM is quite pointless.

I caugh the end of the first practice and I liked what Kyle did. Just ran a few laps at the end there.

How many times have we seen the #48 team be off in practice & then light it up during the race? The moment you write him off he's gonna rip some wins off. I for one will not write him off till/if he gets knocked out.

How many times have we seen the #48 team be off in practice & then light it up during the race? The moment you write him off he's gonna rip some wins off. I for one will not write him off till/if he gets knocked out.
I don't think so, the laps led tells the story this year. I think they are in trouble and will be eliminated this round.

I don't think so, the laps led tells the story this year. I think they are in trouble and will be eliminated this round.

He's led over 1000 laps. I think that's third best behind Harvick and Keselowski.

He's led over 1000 laps. I think that's third best behind Harvick and Keselowski.
He's a dark horse in the chase. People are gonna underestimate em & before you know it he's gonna take Harvick's spot in the final 4.

after nns race tonite .....several special ops mechanics scheduled ta slip into garage bout 2 am or so.
............ta change camber angle on front right ! ha!

I'm pretty much out of the loop and lazy.. Anyone got a link to 48 knocking down the wall?

They really need to come up with something to award the pole winner that's a little larger than that loin-cloth they give out now.

Somehow it just doesn't look right.

Holy ****! You nailed it! I have been thinking that for years. Looks like he is holding up a trophy from a sorority panty raid. Not a bad thing. Just kind of out of place.

Well Texas do give out guns for poles. Dont they? Or is it a boot?

Another tire fiasco? I hope not.

Goodyear has warned teams that increased speeds at Charlotte Motor Speedway will put a heavy emphasis on the right front tires in Saturday night's race — a potentially key development for drivers trying to advance in the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship.

Stu Grant, general manager of worldwide racing for Goodyear, said Friday the tire manufacturer provided durability guidelines a day earlier for teams to use in their preparations.

"They have got to be aware of the additional load that that speed puts on that right front tire," Grant said. "The air pressures that you ran in May may not be sufficient to carry the load on that right front this weekend because they're running half a second faster than the track record. ... it's important that as these guys set their cars up that they're aware of the additional camber gain you're going to get with the additional load and you need to watch that air pressure because it's got to be sufficient to carry that load."

https://news.yahoo.com/goodyear-warns-teams-speeds-charlotte-183406381--spt.html

Are some of you already up from bed or still up from yesterday?

I'm wired. lol I need to go to sleep.

Am I the only one shocked that Trevor Bayne couldnt qualify on time? I mean.. how does a Roush car not make the field... not a good sign for him for next season.

Back
Top Bottom