Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
Chase Elliott's herky-jerky driving in the restrictor plate races seems unabated this year, judging by The Clash. This is unfortunate, and likely to bite him in the @ss, IMO. Chase is super aggressive, which I like and applaud, but he hasn't developed the smoothness and surgeon-like precision of a plate master like Keselowski, who also is super aggressive.

Lew gives The Shoe. I like it.

Pretty glad to have Orville Redenbacher in the cupboard.

The Penske's team up whenever possible, Joey and Kez have for years anyway. The Yotas have been doing it recently. I think the Hendrick cars are at a disadvantage unless they team up also

Reactions: Pat
The Penske's team up whenever possible, Joey and Kez have for years anyway. The Yotas have been doing it recently. I think the Hendrick cars are at a disadvantage unless they team up also

For reasons I have never quite been able to put my finger on, the HMS guys don't seem able to or very willing to work together, and if they do, it usually doesn't last long. Certainly not compared to what I see elsewhere.

For reasons I have never quite been able to put my finger on, the HMS guys don't seem able to or very willing to work together, and if they do, it usually doesn't last long. Certainly not compared to what I see elsewhere.

I guess I should have said in the past. In recent years, it didn't work very well with Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt and Kahne. It didn't work well with last year's lineup either. Maybe the new guys will figure it out....

I definitely noticed this too. I saw a bunch of plate races in person in Gordon's final years between Dega and Daytona and it was glaringly obvious in all of them all race.

The 2015 Coke Zero 400 when they were running 1-4 for a while was the only time I can remember when they seemed to be on the same page. And JR won.

I think the opposite. They don't have one who thinks he's a restrictor plate jesus, another who didn't seem to have their head in the game and another who practiced all by themselves and ran in the back.
My personal opinion.. the CC of the one who likes to practice by themselves is the one who is holding things up.

Herky Jerky driver wins.

413778744.jpg

Chase Elliott's herky-jerky driving in the restrictor plate races seems unabated this year, judging by The Clash. This is unfortunate, and likely to bite him in the @ss, IMO. Chase is super aggressive, which I like and applaud, but he hasn't developed the smoothness and surgeon-like precision of a plate master like Keselowski, who also is super aggressive.
:D

Too much white on it for my taste, but they didn't ask me how it should look. :idunno:
Agree the amount of white should be reduced in the mix but still love the look.
Great race by Chase in the duel. Hoping for victory Sunday. I’ll be there wearing my new #9 Chase T.

"When he wins the first time, you're going to see things you haven't seen for a long time," 2007 Daytona 500 champion Kevin Harvick said. "When that happens, it's going to be good for all of us."

"The bottom line is, in my opinion, I really think that Chase Elliott is our biggest tie to our grass roots NASCAR fan," Harvick said. "I've said this a number of times, but I feel like he's one of the most important ingredients in what NASCAR racing does going forward because of his family name. He has the legacy that's already been built in this sport by his dad.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/marti...a-500-time-for-chase-elliott-to-stop-chasing/

Reactions: Pat
I liked the Herky Jerky slide job he put on the 11 car.

I like that one of the favorites didn't **** with the guy trying to prove something. The Chase-ists would say that he learned his lesson. So be it. Go win the race now.

I like that one of the favorites didn't **** with the guy trying to prove something. The Chase-ists would say that he learned his lesson. So be it. Go win the race now.
Really? Hamlin with a car that qualified second running up front until the end when he finally bailed to save the car for the 500? Why he didn't go to the back sooner could only be explained as..."It's Hamlin"

Hamlin said the car was set up in race trim and he was surprised to be on the front row. It wasn't B.S., he stayed up front all day. Why? you got me there, I have no idea. Same reason he didn't come in for tires at Phoenix? "I'm going to win it" he said there when they gave him a choice to come in or stay out. Hoping for some more keen decisions for Hamlin in the 500 myself. That damn Yota is fast:D

I dont think I've ever seen Chase with a less than attractive girl in these marketing ads/commercials. Must be good to be him.

Back
Top Bottom