Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
413809024.jpg

This is lady friend?

He seems like a nice young man.

Has he won a race yet?

The No. 9 Hendrick Motorsports team in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series received an L1-level penalty for a rear suspension violation following last weekend’s race at ISM Raceway in Phoenix, NASCAR announced Wednesday evening.

Per the NASCAR penalty report, the No. 9 team was found to have violated Section 20.14.2 of the Rule Book, which deals with rear suspension and trailing arm angles/pinion angle shims. According to the penalty report: Truck trailing arm spacer/pinion angle shim surfaces must be in complete contact at all points, at all times. Failure to adhere to that can create additional sideforce and is a violation.

The team has been penalized 25 driver points and 25 owner points. Crew chief Alan Gustafson has been fined $50,000. Car chief Josh Kirk has been suspended for two races.

I hope (and expect) that Chase and his crew chief will man up and accept their penalty in a better way than the solid week of whining out of the 4 team after their Las Vegas penalty. There's no crying in Nascar.

I am outraged!

What garden vegetable applies to a cheated up 3rd place finish?

You won't hear any sob stories from those boys or see any "ADVERSITY!" headlines from the media. Didn't last year either.

I didn't say much when D.W. and a few others were saying that when a car passes post race inspection all should be good. B.S., Within a week they would be going down the straights side ways. They can't afford to not take them apart

They have the same fine, the same suspension, and the same points taken off for a third place finish as a team that finishes first for cheating. I know that is hard for some to figure out.

They have the same fine, the same suspension, and the same points taken off for a third place finish as a team that finishes first for cheating. I know that is hard for some to figure out.
Thats not good or bad cheating. Thats consistent punishment.

It isn't consistent. It's doing a bad job of cheating. They were penalized even more. 25 car and owner points, compared to Harvick's 20. The money was the same, but the prize money and all the points taken off is for a third compared to a win? Harvick lost 7 playoff points. Elliott didn't have any to lose.

Did they cheat tho or did it "break"? Let's remember the fine line that ol Rodney and Co. drew in the sand last week.

Also, I bet the same thing happens that happened last time this bunch got nailed. They'll run up front.

Mreh, at least when the 4 and 11 get busted it’s after a win. Chase’s team now has two black eyes, after a 2nd and a 3rd where the eventual winner had them thoroughly whipped. I’m about ready to give up. I bought the hype in his rookie Nationwide season, but I’m starting to feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football as a fan. If/when he does win, it will be more relief than celebration, and the naysayers will still be able to say “shouldn’t have taken this long!!!! Herpderp!”

Edit: instead of being defiant like the 4 team and fans, I’m flat embarrassed. This sucks big time.

Mreh, at least when the 4 and 11 get busted it’s after a win. Chase’s team now has two black eyes, after a 2nd and a 3rd where the eventual winner had them thoroughly whipped. I’m about ready to give up. I bought the hype in his rookie Nationwide season, but I’m starting to feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football as a fan. If/when he does win, it will be more relief than celebration, and the naysayers will still be able to say “shouldn’t have taken this long!!!! Herpderp!”
Look at how his teammates are running and how much better he is weekly than they are. If this penalty relegates him to run 15th as well, then be worried. I still think the 9 is in victory lane this year.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

The 9 is the only Hendrick car I noticed Sunday . he seemed to be racing up near the front
Byron in the 24 lead a small number of laps, but it wasn't because he raced up to the front, but his two tire stop for track position put him there. Bowman in 16th is they highest standing Hendrick with the 9's penalty, Elliott is third lowest of the Hendrick cars now. Jimmie is lower :idunno:

Byron in the 24 lead a small number of laps, but it wasn't because he raced up to the front, but his two tire stop for track position put him there.

He's been the only semi-competitive HMS car out of the bunch so far, SHR has a leg up with four very seasoned drivers.

To even lead in that car is a tough to do at the moment.

Byron in the 24 lead a small number of laps, but it wasn't because he raced up to the front, but his two tire stop for track position put him there.

I kind of liked the race4 Sunday . I watched the leaders all day. I had high hopes for Kyle . he has never won there in cup since I have been going to PIR. Heck . I would have to check if he has ever won there at all in cup

Fair enough, but I’m not one to give him a pass or make excuses. I grow tired of the “choker” reputation as the only ones I felt he truly choked were Pocono 1 his rookie year (best car, impatient trying to pass Jr in tunnel turn) and Dover playoffs last year. Restart losses to Larson at Michigan are debatable. Then there are wins in the bag that were flat stolen by circumstances (Chicago? Rookie year when McDowell blew a tire allowing faster Larson a restart when he wasn’t closing fast enough under green and Martinsville playoffs last year). Oh well, it’ll happen eventually, even if NASCAR has to give him an Earnhardt plate at a RP track. ;)

Elliott got taken out at Vegas and now this, it's early though, but getting busted for something everybody knows they are looking hard at? That's dumb cheating if ya ask me. They are going to have to make up a good story for this. That isn't good for Elliott's fandom image

It isn't consistent. It's doing a bad job of cheating. They were penalized even more. 25 car and owner points, compared to Harvick's 20. The money was the same, but the prize money and all the points taken off is for a third compared to a win? Harvick lost 7 playoff points. Elliott didn't have any to lose.
Because the #9 team is in control of dishing penalties :rolleyes:

Flawed logic is flawed.

If ya can't do the math. :idunno:
You're talking as if the #9 team sits at a table and figures out what kind of penality they’d receive for doing X Y or Z, and then does their best to minimize the inevitable.

Thats not how any of this works. There is no “level of cheating”. There is only pushing until caught. The penalty leverage is then configured by NASCAR.

I hope (and expect) that Chase and his crew chief will man up and accept their penalty in a better way than the solid week of whining out of the 4 team after their Las Vegas penalty. There's no crying in Nascar.
Harvick right or wrong stood behind his team. He didn't either cheat up the car or have a mechanical failure that he orchestrated. He as a leader brought his team together. So many drivers when the team gets caught try to distance themselves from what happened

Back
Top Bottom