Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
After the penalty, the 9 car had no speed at Auto Club. Hopefully this season doesn't become 2017 Joey Logano-like

Last 36 races. Goose egg McGee right there with the best names in the sport.

upload_2018-6-28_15-38-18.png

https://www.driveraverages.com/nascar/recent-year_avg.php

Last 36 races. Goose egg McGee right there with the best names in the sport.

View attachment 35231

https://www.driveraverages.com/nascar/recent-year_avg.php

Just illustrates the point some of us have been making. The top three clearly set themselves apart, and then you can pretty much throw a blanket over 4-8, and there is little question Chase has had the worst car of the top 15 full time drivers in the sample. If he can put up those numbers driving the dogs they have been giving him, imagine what would be possible with a car on par with the teams above him on the list.

Just illustrates the point some of us have been making. The top three clearly set themselves apart, and then you can pretty much throw a blanket over 4-8, and there is little question Chase has had the worst car of the top 15 full time drivers in the sample. If he can put up those numbers driving the dogs they have been giving him, imagine what would be possible with a car on par with the teams above him on the list.

If you are Jim Campbell, are you re-thinking your approach. One Ford. One Toyota. Many Chevys? ....Can you afford to re-think your approach?

If you are Jim Campbell, are you re-thinking your approach. One Ford. One Toyota. Many Chevys? ....Can you afford to re-think your approach?

In my opinion, this is more of a Hendrick issue than a Chevy issue. It would be in Chevy's best interest to help HMS find some answers, but ultimately HMS will have to be the ones to dig themselves out of this hole.

In my opinion, this is more of a Hendrick issue than a Chevy issue. It would be in Chevy's best interest to help HMS find some answers, but ultimately HMS will have to be the ones to dig themselves out of this hole.

Exactly....42 has pretty much been right there where I expected

Exactly....42 has pretty much been right there where I expected
I'm trying to think back race by race this season, but was the 42 a threat to win at any point this season besides Kansas? I know he's run top 5 for good portion of races, I just can't recall the races he led.

I'm trying to think back race by race this season, but was the 42 a threat to win at any point this season besides Kansas? I know he's run top 5 for good portion of races, I just can't recall the races he led.

I don't exactly remember either but according to racing reference it appears Vegas, California, Bristol

Bristol, led the most laps, got passed by KDB with 4 to go. Had a top 2 or 3 car at Michigan only to spin. Had a good shot at Truex on the last restart at Pocono, finished 2nd. 2nd at California even after Harvick door slammed him.

Bristol, led the most laps, got passed by KDB with 4 to go. Had a top 2 or 3 car at Michigan only to spin. Had a good shot at Truex on the last restart at Pocono, finished 2nd. 2nd at California even after Harvick door slammed him.
You remember things like I do with CE lol. Totally forgot about the Harvick thing in Cali. I also forgot that Bristol was that close at the end.

Well, Hendrick is to Chevy what TRD is to Toyota. This is why Childress will be with Dodge ASAP IMO. I think that Chevy is late to the manufacturer involvement party, and this is a significant part of the issue. They still rely on Hendrick to do all of the heavy lifting, and I would agree that they are definitely off. It will be 100% fascinating to see what Ford does next year with their new car. FWIW I am shocked that Chevy is where they are.

Well, Hendrick is to Chevy what TRD is to Toyota. This is why Childress will be with Dodge ASAP IMO. I think that Chevy is late to the manufacturer involvement party, and this is a significant part of the issue. They still rely on Hendrick to do all of the heavy lifting, and I would agree that they are definitely off. It will be 100% fascinating to see what Ford does next year with their new car. FWIW I am shocked that Chevy is where they are.

Boom exactly! Toyota set the standard lucky for a guy like me Ford realized what they did stepped up to the plate.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of manufacturers and teams being tied that close at the hip. I want the manufacturers to supply the building blocks and offer technical support, but I want the TEAMS to make the difference. Junior Johnson was Mr. Chevy for years, but RCR and then HMS worked their way up the ladder, and there were other super competitive GM teams during that era too. Even JGR had worked themselves up from nothing to a solid number two at GM before they bailed. There has always been a hierarchy among the GM teams, but you could work your way up and down the ladder based on your own ability. Now, if you are not the "chosen" team, and you can't get a top notch affiliation deal like the #78 or the #21 you have little to no chance to work to work your way up on your own. I definitely don't like the idea of manufacturers supplying all of the engines to their teams either. One of the reasons why racing is so dull at times is because too many teams are running the exact same stuff. When EVERY Ford, and EVERY Toyota has the exact same engine with darn near exactly the same horsepower, it becomes that much more difficult to distance yourself from your competitors. I understand the economics that have caused this to happen, but that doesn't mean I have to like the result. If it takes Hendrick Motorsports and General Motors to become effectively one and the same to achieve on track success, my level of interest would plummet drastically. It is a philosophical difference that I have struggled with in sports car racing for years. I am a huge fan of the Corvette team because I love the cars, but I DISPISE factory teams. I loved the Daytona Prototypes because they were basically the antithesis of factory race cars. Now with the new P2/DPi class, we are right back to defacto factory teams.

If it takes Hendrick Motorsports and General Motors to become effectively one and the same to achieve on track success, my level of interest would plummet drastically.

Way too late. It's been this way for years. Anybody seen Alba? Your interest seems just fine.

How come they all have no fenders overhang bulging out on the right side and the left side is huge. trick photography?

How come they all have no fenders overhang bulging out on the right side and the left side is huge. trick photography?

Aero something or another. Even shows up on the diecasts.

Back
Top Bottom