Chase Elliott

• Thread starter Restrictor Plate King!
  • Start date
I think now that he has broken through and got that elusive first win he's gonna roll off a bunch. I think he'll win two more this year.

Of course the first win happens when I’m out of town and I find out 2 days later..

What a proper race to win after the grief this kid has gotten. Hard earned. The 18 and 78 kept him honest for sure. Great ****!

For the stat heads...interesting stuff in here to monitor the rest of the way.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/08/06/chase-elliotts-watkins-glen-win-numbers/

"Elliott’s average finish across 22 starts this season is 13.0. However, in races with eight or more starts and restarts, his average finish is 21.7, a result putting him in the neighborhood of Chris Buescher (18.3), Kasey Kahne (21.0) and Michael McDowell (21.2). Among this group, Elliott’s car is the only one ranked in the top 20 for yearlong Central Speed.

Meanwhile, in the races with fewer than eight starts and restarts, including Watkins Glen, his average finish is 9.8, fourth-best among regulars in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, trailing only Kyle Busch (3.9), Kevin Harvick (5.3) and Martin Truex, Jr. (6.7), three drivers who’ve combined for 16 victories in 2018."

which may indicate something else?? in races with fewer restarts cars are strung out more. larson has been the only one that has really made the camaro run with the big 3 on the big tracks. Larson's key to success is often he drives where other cars are not. this driving where other cars are not could mean he is getting more air on his car. I wonder if this has anything to do with chase running well with less restarts. never thought of chase being a terrible restarter. I just think he has had some high profile bad restarts at the wrong time.

Was looking at this hi-res photo of his car from Sunday, and realized - he has his emoji stickers on his front end LOL

upload_2018-8-7_11-32-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-7_11-31-16.png
    upload_2018-8-7_11-31-16.png
    626.6 KB · Views: 184
CHASE HAS WON! CHASE HAS WON! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, CHASE HAS WON!

....just had to. ;)

I'll tell ya what, I'm getting my money's worth between cable and Sirius this week with all the Chase coverage and interviews lol.

Yep Taco , remember it well !!! Ole memories never get old!!!! Thanks!!!

Was looking at this hi-res photo of his car from Sunday, and realized - he has his emoji stickers on his front end LOL

View attachment 35695

they put those on the front of the car because the teams take pictures of the cars constantly. this way when they are looking at stills they know what things had been done to the car when they see those stickers on the front, or if they remove 1 or some stickers at a different time they know the car was different then.

they put those on the front of the car because the teams take pictures of the cars constantly. this way when they are looking at stills they know what things had been done to the car when they see those stickers on the front, or if they remove 1 or some stickers at a different time they know the car was different then.
From a pure comedy standpoint, last week's with Bubba Wallace hosting and the "tuxedo for your junk" segment was even better.

From a pure comedy standpoint, last week's with Bubba Wallace hosting and the "tuxedo for your junk" segment was even better.

The whole show can be a bit try-hard and Kim(as much as I love her) and Chuck are a bit awkward comedically, but yeah I like it.

View attachment 35756

1. Johnson 58.1% in 602 starts

2. Kyle Busch 53.6% in 485 starts

3. Harvick 51.8% in 598 starts

4. Hamlin 50.3% in 457 starts

5. Elliott 50% in 100 starts
I was wondering when this going to pop-up. Just goes to show how consistent Chase has been.
And only 22 years old. Kid is damn good and when he “matures” as a driver he’s gonna be lethal.

And only 22 years old. Kid is damn good and when he “matures” as a driver he’s gonna be lethal.

When they give him good cars EVERY week, unlike that slug he had to drive yesterday, he will be lethal. I got to thinking about this this last week. Jeff Gordon said that Martinsville and the road courses were the hardest tracks for him to conquer. Jimmie Johnson struggled early on at Martinsville and has never been all that great on the road courses, with one career win. Chase has already won a road course race and has a couple top 5's, and SHOULD have won Martinsville already. That would seem to bode well for the future to me.

Last edited:
Past five races:

Elliott: 1 win - 3 top 5s - 5 top 10s - 201 laps led
Busch: 1 win - 4 top 5s - 4 top 10s - 141 laps led
Harvick: 2 wins - 3 top 5s - 5 top 10s - 158 laps led
Truex: 0 wins - 2 top 5s - 2 top 10s - 112 laps led

Yeah I'm not the biggest Chase fan per say, but he has a lot of talent. Going to dominate a lot of races soon when the Chevy's starting getting it together.

Past five races:

Elliott: 1 win - 3 top 5s - 5 top 10s - 201 laps led
Busch: 1 win - 4 top 5s - 4 top 10s - 141 laps led
Harvick: 2 wins - 3 top 5s - 5 top 10s - 158 laps led
Truex: 0 wins - 2 top 5s - 2 top 10s - 112 laps led
A....new Big 3 ?

Back
Top Bottom