Chase Elliott

Welcome to the club, hopefully you'll stick. Please don't be a pretend fan like the guy who always claims to be a Larson fan, but usually just says negative things about him
Not to be confused with the pretenders that call themselves racing fans but never have anything positive to say about the racing.

Chase Elliot can wheel a ride and I liked this race but it really burns me up that he's in a Chebby.

If Harvick has to be screwed by cautions, I'd at least like the winner to be someone I like. I like Chase.

That was a hell of a win. Like Blaze said, I thought he had choked it away, but he closed in, and when I saw that he was on the back of Truex and Harvick, I knew there was blood in the water.

You think about the names of the guys that typically win this time of year, and here Chase is now with 3 wins in the last 10 postseason races. If you average that out you've got someone who's gonna be in the thick of it often come Homestead.

3 wins in the last 5 road course races is also pretty stellar. Was running 3rd at Sonoma this year when he lost power too. Enough about Truex being the best road racer, there's a discussion to be had.

The ONLY thing keeping Chase from being a serious threat to go to the finals is there is still too many weeks when HMS seems to take the weekend off like they did at Richmond. IF they can give him a car that's close every week from here on out, he can strike a little fear into them.

Me thinks we are seeing a future legend here.
I think this is super premature. It took him 3-4 years to become a consistent race winner and modern day legends were better earlier in their career.

I do think young drivers are jumping through the ranks too quickly.. Chase will have himself something like a 50 win 2 championship career. If that meets everyone's resume for a legend.. sure.

Cool win though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think this is super premature. It took him 3-4 years to become a consistent race winner and modern day legends were better earlier in their career.

I do think young drivers are jumping through the ranks too quickly.. Chase will have himself something like a 50 win 2 championship career. If that meets everyone's resume for a legend.. sure.

Cool win though.

Never said he was going to be a legend, just said he might be. I saw the 16 year old Chase wheel a late model. I said back then he was going to be a star and was a fan.

Never said he was going to be a legend, just said he might be. I saw the 16 year old Chase wheel a late model. I said back then he was going to be a star and was a fan.

I saw him when he was 16 as well, saw him win at that, was cool. Saw him again when he was 17 also haha. So proud of how far he’s come.

I want to say he was 15 when we saw him spank a field of late models at Lanier.
He's been fun to watch grow no doubt.

Cool win though.

One thing to keep in mind is that at no time in Chase's Cup career has the team he drives for had even the SECOND best cars on a weekly basis. Probably not the third best either. That has limited his opportunities to rack up huge numbers. I'm also not sure in this era that we are going to see guys come in and be lights out right away they way we are used to. Who was the LAST guy to come in and win a lot early on? Even the vaunted KB didn't win much to start with. Neither did Lagano, Larson or Jones.

2019-Sept29-chase-elliott-roval-jubo-625x340.jpg

Cool win though.

50 wins, 2 champs? That's a hell of a bold prediction .

Cool win though.

50 wins & 2 championships is pretty freaking good.

You think about the names of the guys that typically win this time of year, and here Chase is now with 3 wins in the last 10 postseason races. If you average that out you've got someone who's gonna be in the thick of it often come Homestead.

3 wins in the last 5 road course races is also pretty stellar. Was running 3rd at Sonoma this year when he lost power too. Enough about Truex being the best road racer, there's a discussion to be had.
I’d get excited but this point system is ******. 1 off week outta 10 and you're kicked outta contention if you don’t pull out a miracle.

I disagree & I know the system could be better than a 1 race take home, but if you have a 40-50+ point advantage over some of the other guys. Kyle had 2 bad races & still moved on.

50 wins & 2 championships is pretty freaking good.
Sure is! Just not sure if that would meet everyone's criteria for a legend. Is Bill, and Rusty? I suppose it's subjective.

50 wins, 2 champs? That's a hell of a bold prediction .
Similar to his dad, imo. Are those legendary numbers? No. Imo to the leave that mark you need to either push 70 wins or 3 titles. That was a really cool win Sunday though.

Bill & Rusty are legends to me. There's a difference between being a legend and being in the GOAT conversation.

Back
Top Bottom