Chase Elliott

I like a few guys. But since Texas Terry and Junior have hung it up, Chase might be my be my new main guy :)

I like a few guys. But since Texas Terry and Junior have hung it up, Chase might be my be my new main guy :)
I liked Chase before but after I heard him on the Dale Jr podcast I liked him even more. He is very mature for his age. I like hearing him talk about his love for aviation.

Won't be my guy when Kevin goes but since he's my dad's I have to pull for him somewhat. Respectable guy but he has guts too.

I’ve liked chase since snowball derby 2011, hard to believe how time flies lol

Welcome to the club, hopefully you'll stick. Please don't be a pretend fan like the guy who always claims to be a Larson fan, but usually just says negative things about him

Lol you have to admit, whenever an emphasis is placed on driver skill such as at places like Martinsville, road courses, Bristol, Dover, etc. Chase is right there at the front. Tells you all you need to know about him as a talent. The cars will get there eventually.
This. He does well at places that emphasize skill over aero. Dude has wins now and still gotta bat away trolls

I love a blow out, and today was no different. Chase was perfect. ****** perfect. Fact. If air is that big of an issue, get the ****** pole, and do what he did.

I love a blow out, and today was no different. Chase was perfect. ******* perfect. Fact. If air is that big of an issue, get the ******* pole, and do what he did.
overall passing stats were pretty high FWIW. Truex already door ed the heck out of him, he had plenty of opportunities to move him IF he could. Elliott would gap the heck out of him when higher speeds were involved. Elliott was carrying speed thru those places and Truex couldn't IMO.

overall passing stats were pretty high FWIW. Truex already door ed the heck out of him, he had plenty of opportunities to move him IF he could. Elliott would gap the heck out of him when higher speeds were involved. Elliott was carrying speed thru those places and Truex couldn't IMO.
Elliott outdrove Truex.

Great stuff for chase! I’m not going to try and jump on the bandwagon, but I’ll give him his dues. Seems like a legit hard nosed racer, who I think has all of what it takes to earn some big marks if he ends up racing for a long time to come in nascar.

I’m happy for the sport. Would love to see chase earn a championship. Would be great to have a young guy like him taking over.

Attach9993_20190804_222721.jpg

I was happy for Napa. Out of Chase's first four wins, they were only on the car once. A flawless performance all the way around for the 9 team. They came to the track ready to go and executed at every step of the way. It's amazing how good you can do when you don't find a way to shoot yourself in the foot. Now if they can carry this performance over to some of the big ovals, we might have something, but I'm not holding my breath.

Elliott was carrying speed thru those places and Truex couldn't IMO.

Absolute truth.....and this is what I love about this sport. I had Martin on RaceView, and it was clear that the only place Chase was vulnerable was Turn 1 entry. In order to get him, Martin had to find something extraordinary out of 7. He tried, but he couldn't do it. Chase could launch off of 1, and once he was in the esses, he controlled the lap. Martin was very good in the technical stuff (think Sonoma), but Chase was faster in the high speed stuff. Watkins Glen is a high speed track, and that was that. Chase should be good at Charlotte given what he did yesterday as well. Fabulous stuff.

We can’t all be Chase Elliott fans.

Put me down for a no.

Chase had an impressive run with Treux. I like both drivers but I was cheering for Chase. I was wondering if Treux got close enough would things turn out like the textbook use of move 'em that happened in the Xfinity race or something else.

Chase had an impressive run with Treux. I like both drivers but I was cheering for Chase. I was wondering if Treux got close enough would things turn out like the textbook use of move 'em that happened in the Xfinity race or something else.
My pops had his scanner on and told me Truex said he was gonna turn him, but my dad is a dramatic fella so I doubt that's exactly what he said lol

I think the most glaring thing about Chase now is he's gone from the guy that supposedly could never get it done to the guy who is absolutely rock solid when it's on the line. This makes it 5 races in a row now where he's delivered when he's been in position to win late in the going or on a final restart. Quite the transformation in a year's time.

Chase is a stud. Also keep in mind he’s the #1 driver for Hendrick Motorsports. I think Larson, Erik Jones, and Blaney are pretty close in talent, but Blaney and Erik are 3rd and 4th tier on teams with champions and hall of famers, and Larson is on a second tier team.

What separates Chase from these guys though is that he’s made that next step and is now clutch and can close out races. The floodgates are opening

Still not "my guy" but damn he has been impressive as of late , and yesterday, he was the dominate car all race long.

Chase is definitely in my top 5 drivers. He went from being unable to put together a race, to winning races where he wasn't the fastest car, really quickly. The kid has a huge amount of talent and he's a likable guy. How can anyone dislike him?

I’ve been a Chase fan since before he got into the Cup series, but he became one of my “3 Amigos” when he entered the big league. I’ve always had favorites but limit my “pulling” to only 3 drivers. I was a Bill Elliott fan back in the day. Chase was an obvious option, but his manner and approach really have been great. He’s proven he’s a talent, a great student and dedicated.

Back
Top Bottom