Chevrolet's new NASCAR MENCS Car unveiled next week

Rear end looks awesome

Chevrolet%20Camaro%20ZL1%20Race%20car%20and%20Production%20Car%20Rear%20Side%20by%20Side.jpg
IMO you can really tell where the template ruins the shape of the street car in this photo. Without that, the gen6 cars as a whole would look a ton better.

It really looks cool, hoping this will push Toyota to bring the GT86 ,

She owns the #8 you know. She's also suing Cal Ripken Jr, Marcus Mariota, Super 8 Motels, and the company that makes those Magic 8 Balls.
And don't forget the syndicated ABC television shows Eight is Enough and Eight Simple Rules. Also the movie industry for the Ocean's Eleven movie. Only because eleven it's eight plus three.

And don't forget the syndicated ABC television shows Eight is Enough and Eight Simple Rules. Also the movie industry for the Ocean's Eleven movie. Only because eleven it's eight plus three.
LMAO! I heard she sued some guy named Bo Bo Smo Jr that does demo derbies, he put a 8 on the door of his red grand marquis and goes by Jr... Sued the poor guy for millions because he was trying to profit off of Jr's name and number.

Kahne is going to Ford?
Some say the 10. Also hearing Hendrick is starting an alliance with another team Ganassi? RCR? GMS? GMS and RCR already have a technical alliance, I guess all three could align with each other

Last edited:
Nice, now Ford should use the Mustang and Dodge should come in with the Challenger. Toyota can bring the .....

Which is now the Toyota 86. Toyota did away with Scion, it was supposed to be their youth brand, but that backfired when it turned out nobody but 60-year olds were buying them.
Our retired neighbors both drive Scion's,one looks like a square box on wheels.I can't imagine Toyota sticking with the Camry if Ford goes with the Mustang.

I am shocked. Awesome choice - guessing Chevy figured how lame the Malibu would look out there. The SS was cool too even though it wasn't a tremendous success, so it's good to see one manufacturer kicking the trend of racing granny grocery-getters on the track. And it's a huge upgrade over the Xfinity Camaro, and another example of how the Gen-6 allows for manufacturer distinctions. No, it's not the GT4.R, but it's wayyyy more than some stickers and decals as some like to say. If you can't tell a Camry from a Fusion from a Camaro next year I don't know what to tell you.

Something I read earlier in the week that I thought was kinda interesting but didn't think much of - TMG's Toyota GT86 Cup car is making its North American debut in PWC at Utah this weekend. If they get a positive response, I wonder if we could see this in Xfinity some day (I don't anticipate the Cup Camry going away anytime soon): http://sportscar365.com/world-challenge/toyota-gt86-cup-car-set-for-north-american-debut-at-utah/
Pretty sharp looking race car, I just wonder if it would look too stretched in stock car form.

Our retired neighbors both drive Scion's,one looks like a square box on wheels.I can't imagine Toyota sticking with the Camry if Ford goes with the Mustang.

Toyota will stick with the Camry for the next million years. They are not interested--nor is it appropriate IMO--for them to get into the Mustang-Camaro-Challenger thing. They haven't been around long enough--they have no place at that table, and they know it. They have no problem promoting the Camry, and looking like an outsider--because they are at this point. My two cents, but I don't think I am far off.

Toyota will stick with the Camry for the next million years. They are not interested--nor is it appropriate IMO--for them to get into the Mustang-Camaro-Challenger thing. They haven't been around long enough--they have no place at that table, and they know it. They have no problem promoting the Camry, and looking like an outsider--because they are at this point. My two cents, but I don't think I am far off.
I definitely agree with you, Toyota has worked hard for acceptance. They'd be back at square one if they introduced a car based on American Muscle.

Supra me.

I'd buy, buy, buy Toyota in a heartbeat.

I like the GT86, but I'll waiting on the Supra...

I have heard the rumors, but I can't see a Supra coming. The price point wouldn't work. You would be getting into Lexus territory IMO. They struggle with that with the Landcruiser--90K, and you service it at a Toyota dealership? Naw.....and the 86 is for drift crowd--not NASCAR IMO.

Nice looking car. Was a bit worried when my brother told me it was the Camaro but it looks alot better than the Xfinity car.

Congrats Chevy. Beautiful car. Well done. :cheers:

I have heard the rumors, but I can't see a Supra coming. The price point wouldn't work. You would be getting into Lexus territory IMO. They struggle with that with the Landcruiser--90K, and you service it at a Toyota dealership? Naw.....and the 86 is for drift crowd--not NASCAR IMO.
And the drift crowd loves em.

Toyota is bringing the Supra back, its not rumors at this point, you should try and keep up :p:p

I dont want to see Toyota try and compete with Ford/Chevy on that part, just yet, they need to do what they do best and leave those cars to Ford and Chevy. I dont think it would be very welcomed from the crowd they would be targeting.

Wow, this looks much better than I was expecting! Hopefully Ford will follow with the Mustang and Toyota with the Supra.

Back
Top Bottom