Chevrolet's new NASCAR MENCS Car unveiled next week

Except the fans are going out and buying trucks and SUVs. I'm starting to wonder why NASCAR isn't running truck models in its premier league.

You bring up a very good point as car sales continue to erode in favor or crossovers, SUV's and light duty pickups. Of course I am not a marketing guy so I don't see the ROI in associating with Nascar and apparently neither do the heads of Honda, Nissan and VW.

Slap a Chevy badge on that Hyundai and you have the new Cruze.

All family sedans look the same because they all have to abide by the same safty regulations that hinders alot of creativity in the design.

Wow I am thrilled! The best move they could have made...and the Camaro looks awesome! :punkrocke Hope NASCAR doesn't dumb down any natural aero advantage it might have (not saying it will). Agree with others...get the Mustang out there and the RAV4 to rep Toyota ;)

There aren't many station wagons to be found anymore. Minivans and SUV's pretty much made them obsolete.
They can call it anything they want, It's a station wagon
upload_2017-8-12_19-13-53.jpeg

I always said an SUV is just a butched up station wagon.
Yep they have big ones little ones and they call them different names but they are basically station wagons. My folks had one and with overloads and they pulled a double horse trailer with two horses with one. I had one with a 429 and pulled my tunnel hull with it, or I could seat 9 passengers in it or put everything down and camp in it. It helped the sales to call them by different names, it worked. But I still laugh about it. Give a workhorse a sporty name and there you have it. SUV.

They can call it anything they want, It's a station wagon
I always said an SUV is just a butched up station wagon.
Yep they have big ones little ones and they call them different names but they are basically station wagons.
If the rear window doesn't roll down into the rear door, it's not a station wagon.

If the rear door can't be opened to either the left or the bottom, it's not a station wagon.

If it doesn't have front and middle bench seats, it's not a station wagon.

Most importantly, if it doesn't have a fold-down rear seat that faces backwards, it's not a station wagon. 'Kid riding backwards sick bag' optional. :rolleyes:

Looking at the photo's HMS has posted on their site for next years HMS paint schemes I noticed GM did not redesign the side rear window, its the same shape as the SS with the Camaro window cut into it,

Pat Suhy says Chevy have shifted the downforce balance of the car more towards the rear with the ZL1. Says the project began in January 2016 and they've put more CFD work into this project than Chevy's prior Cup/Xfinity/Truck models combined. He also said they've designed the car to have more tunability/adjustability than the SS.

Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/146634-podcast-inside-the-nascar-camaro-zl1

Big fan of Alba Colon. Extremely smart and very kind. I saw her at Fontana, and she stopped to answer my questions. Every. Single. One.

She gave you Fake answers, because you're the enemy.

She gave you Fake answers, because you're the enemy.

I hope so. :D Seriously, you can't believe how kind she is. Want to talk about role models? She is one.

Pat Suhy says Chevy have shifted the downforce balance of the car more towards the rear with the ZL1. Says the project began in January 2016 and they've put more CFD work into this project than Chevy's prior Cup/Xfinity/Truck models combined. He also said they've designed the car to have more tunability/adjustability than the SS.

Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/146634-podcast-inside-the-nascar-camaro-zl1

"Balance" was the word Toyota was using as it searched for consistency in early 2017. So cool to me how engineers work. Find the prevalent direction, and then the details.

Back
Top Bottom