Chevy Fans

Spotter22

Team Owner
Hearing the numbers on the New Camaro are better.....significantly better. This might be a fun year for you guys and girls. This reminds me of back when we had templates and everyone was complaining that the other manufacturer had an unfair advantage. NASCAR did its best to keep it even and would give Ford a little here and there or Chevy or Buick or Pontiac or Dodge. lol. Some of you guys were around when that was going on,it was crazy. No wonder why NASCAR went to basically standard Bodies. Could the complaining start again? It very well could.

Hearing the numbers on the New Camaro are better.....significantly better. This might be a fun year for you guys and girls. This reminds me of back when we had templates and everyone was complaining that the other manufacturer had an unfair advantage. NASCAR did its best to keep it even and would give Ford a little here and there or Chevy or Buick or Pontiac or Dodge. lol. Some of you guys were around when that was going on,it was crazy. No wonder why NASCAR went to basically standard Bodies. Could the complaining start again? It very well could.
What do you know sir?? Do share!

Gods, when I first started watching, NASCAR was tweaking spoiler height and width almost weekly. I hated that nonsense.
That was when "sandbagging" really happened. Teams would blow the test on purpose then complain to NASCAR that they were a half second off then NASCAR would give a concession. Guess what happened after that? Thats right, they came back and blew em in the bushes.

Gods, when I first started watching, NASCAR was tweaking spoiler height and width almost weekly. I hated that nonsense.

Maybe because it was the only thing I knew, but I actually enjoyed it. It provided a LOT of fodder for media coverage. It certainly wasn't any worse than the BoP song and dance that goes on in sports car racing.

It is to early to say imo.
They may just be good on the RP tracks, who knows?
But Chevy has dominated Nascar and they will not stay down long.

Who? Chevy, Hendrick?
Well I'd be guessing Hendrick. But I don't know enough about a manufacture's incentive. It just seems like good timing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I said this before but it really seems like they are going all out on giving Jimmie a chance to contend for #8

I think Chevy at the point rather get Chase #1

Well I'd be guessing Hendrick. But I don't know enough about a manufacture's incentive. It just seems like good timing.

I think so too, but I don't think Rick would.

Maybe because it was the only thing I knew, but I actually enjoyed it. It provided a LOT of fodder for media coverage. It certainly wasn't any worse than the BoP song and dance that goes on in sports car racing.
Yeah, for some reason I don't mind BoP over there. Don't ask me why; there's nothing logical behind my opinion.

This latest Chevy deal smacks of old school purpose built Nascar's. They had to sell so many to make it legal to race in Nascar back in the day. Back when Chargers, Superbirds, Talledaga's , and stuff like the Monte Carlo Aerodeck's roamed the tracks.

This latest Chevy deal smacks of old school purpose built Nascar's. They had to sell so many to make it legal to race in Nascar back in the day. Back when Chargers, Superbirds, Talledaga's , and stuff like the Monte Carlo Aerodeck's roamed the tracks.
Whats surprising is NASCAR let them make changes to the nose AND other areas of the body.

It is to early to say imo.
They may just be good on the RP tracks, who knows?
But Chevy has dominated Nascar and they will not stay down long.
I think by the numbers it will help them on the 1.5 tracks. I dont want people to think chevy is gonna dominate, I think they will be in the mix now much more then last year.

It already has! LOL. :D
Chevy did their homework. ;)
No. Chevy flunked the first test, and the teacher allowed a retake. Others? Not so much.
Whats surprising is NASCAR let them make changes to the nose AND other areas of the body.
A pathetic Chevy isn't good for the sport. They were pathetic. No question NASCAR has given them something. They had to. All the expense of a new car....nobody could risk another 0 return on investment. I would anticipate that Chevy will dominate early. Coming off of a 19 win season, I don't mind chasing. Gonna be fun.

I met a fan at the track one time that kept crying to me about Chevrolet (I was wearing an Earnhardt cap). He did this 4 or 5 times like I could do something about his complaints.

I finally told him he was welcome to my KFC napkins, but I didn't have any Kleenex for him.
He got mad and my brother was mad at me for saying it to him.

I enjoyed it though.

Chevy looking like the lame duck of the manufactures in practice there. Wondering what Spotter's thoughts are

They’re building a huge development / engineering facility in order to assist their branded competitors.

Just in the nick of time. :rolleyes:

Chevy looking like the lame duck of the manufactures in practice there. Wondering what Spotter's thoughts are

From what I could tell very few of them packed up. Was a lot of single car stuff.

I dont judge anything from a Daytona practice considering all of the different agendas teams are on. Dont look for the Chevy improvements on the car to show up at Daytona anyway.

Until NASCAR uses templates that would actually fit a dealership delivered Camaro (or Mustang or Camry) I don't pay any attention to car brands there.
All of the manufacturers cry about alleged advantages their competitors have... it's all just irritating noise to me.

Until NASCAR uses templates that would actually fit a dealership delivered Camaro (or Mustang or Camry) I don't pay any attention to car brands there.
All of the manufacturers cry about alleged advantages their competitors have... it's all just irritating noise to me.
That's how I kind of feel. It's just how it goes.

It's Physics to me

9 and 42 gonna be feasting :D

I'm not really surprised. I mean, I hate the keep the playing field level thing, but Chevy was in for another year of ass kicking had NASCAR not allowed something drastic. Drastic is a body designed for the high downforce package when the competitors have bodies originally intended for the low downforce stuff. I am sure there are other bones NASCAR threw them as well. There is one hell of a lot riding on Chevy not sucking this year.

I think the whole Chevy camp will. I won't be shocked at all if they win the manufacturer's championship and/or the Cup.

Not shocked at all....

CRYING BABY.jpg
Chase could win seven championships and he'd still get crap for not being the one to get eight.

Chase takes crap? Who dares to do so? He is The Chosen. Upon further review, you get the baby. I am sorry man. It wasn't my choice. Your post was an automatic booth review, and the decision has been rendered. The sport's most popular driver never takes crap.

Last edited:

Think about this....Chevy.....errr, Hendrick engineers submit a totally scienced out body the first time around. New Camaro is based on same body, right? Where did they find the significantly better numbers if NASCAR didn't give them allowances? No way in hell they missed that badly the first time around. They took everything they could get. NASCAR gave them more this time. Toyota and Ford signed off because they didn't want **** taken from them to level the playing field. All good. I love this part of the sport!

It's ok to be scared Rev, but don't blubber, it doesn't suit you. Wait until there is a race at least.

Oh I'm not scared. WE will win our share. This is TRD we are talking about, man! Chevy will have plenty. No way they suck that bad, and if they do, NASCAR is there to help them out. All good!

Think about this....Chevy.....errr, Hendrick engineers submit a totally scienced out body the first time around. New Camaro is based on same body, right? Where did they find the significantly better numbers if NASCAR didn't give them allowances? No way in hell they missed that badly the first time around. They took everything they could get. NASCAR gave them more this time. Toyota and Ford signed off because they didn't want **** taken from them to level the playing field. All good. I love this part of the sport!
Rev, do you really think for 1 minute that Chevy had Hendrick do all the leg work on that car with zero representation from GM? When was the First Camaro design submitted to NASCAR? When was it approved and then ask, when was the Hawkeye introduced?

Back
Top Bottom