College Football 2019

spongebob.jpg

It is just dates to be filled now. Nobody will beat LSU.

Best part of today was Baylor's pair of backup QBs hitting homeruns against Oklahoma's defense dragging them to OT.

I’m glad Ohio State had a game like this. It’s really the first time all year they’ve been in a hole, but put up 27 unanswered points after going down 21-7. It’s good to see they knew how to respond.

I think Ohio State has a case to retain the #1 ranking as they now have 5 wins over ranked teams and won every game this year by double digits, but I think LSU probably ends up at 1 since they smoked the #4 team and Ohio State struggled for a bit with the #8 team.

Predictions for the New Year’s Six bowls:

Peach: LSU vs. Oklahoma
Fiesta: Ohio State vs. Clemson
Rose: Oregon vs. Wisconsin
Sugar: Georgia vs. Baylor
Orange: Florida vs. Penn State
Cotton: Utah vs. Memphis

A few hours ago I would have put Virginia in the Orange, but their drubbing at the hands of Clemson likely knocks them out of the Top 25 in the CFP. The Orange Bowl can take who they want if the ACC champ is in the playoff and there’s no other ACC team in the CFP Top 25.

Imagine letting 4 more teams that already failed this season have a crack at the national championship...no gracias.

Well we were talking about this last night, imagine the argument for 6-8 if we take the 5 champs in automatically. How the heck you gonna decide based on what happened last night? Ohio St, LSU, Clemson, Oklahoma and Oregon in, and then a bunch of teams that just lost are basically gonna get picked out of a hat

Ohio State/Clemson has potential to be an all-timer just for a semi. That #1 seed for LSU is huge.
Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm for Ohio State. They’ve already lost to Clemson twice in Bowl games this decade.

It will also be the first meeting between LSU and Oklahoma since they met in the 2003 National Championship game.

Well we were talking about this last night, imagine the argument for 6-8 if we take the 5 champs in automatically. How the heck you gonna decide based on what happened last night? Ohio St, LSU, Clemson, Oklahoma and Oregon in, and then a bunch of teams that just lost are basically gonna get picked out of a hat

Yep, nightmare that waters down the entire season, keep as is please. It's bad enough that Oklahoma is getting a chance after losing to K-state and struggling in numerous other close games that have proven they're clearly not the best team in college football. They're fortunate that the committee sorts by losses and will essentially punish Oregon for scheduling a tough ooc game Auburn, otherwise sitting with 1 loss Oregon would probably be in over OU. Oregon doesn't deserve a chance either, they should have beat ASU. This bothers me.

Giving all of these teams 2nd and 3rd chances would just absolutely kill the importance of the regular season games, and ultimately destroy what makes college football special. If I wanted to watch a larger playoff tree with multiple loss teams that's what the NFL is. Some are just obsessed with single elimination brackets, and the notion of the underdog/wildcard being able to win it all in a playoff. It's not March Madness. The other is specific fans wanting their favorite college team to have a better chance at entry. I very much hope they never go further down the road to adding more teams than they already have. This setup at least covers the times when there are 3 superior undefeated teams LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, guaranteeing that all of them get their rightful shot at the national championship.

College Football Awards.

A lot of LSU man o man no wonder they as good as they are. Burrow seems favorite to Heisman.

Aztecs running over the Chippewas in the New Mexico Bowl.

The AAC should invite App State. They're the new Boise State IMO. They've literally made the Sun Belt somewhat relevant.

Back
Top Bottom