College football 2023

Unfortunately I was only able to see one game this week and it was the ‘Noles-Duke tilt. I was glad I watched as it was a good game.

I can't believe UNC lost at home to Virginia.

I should have known better than to trust a blue blood basketball school. The more unbelievable part was Virginia fumbled out of the back of the endzone just before going up 11 and sealing the win, North Carolina then had not 1 but 2 additional chances to win the game on offense and couldn't get it done, they did not look like they wanted to win that one. Uninspired effort. Virginia was a little better than their 1-5 record indicated tho, they almost knocked off NC State and BC.

14-0 after a nice long drive from Kansas. They’re quite a bit better than UCF, Oklahoma could be in some real trouble.

Gift 🎁 wrapped the kickoff return fumble, but they're definitely in business here after a couple big stops on the defensive side, they had been getting bulldozed on the ground, gotta put up points now

Florida up a quick 7-0 against Georgia, who are gonna be playing their first game without Brock Bowers after ankle surgery.

Wow! Kansas beats Oklahoma for the first (and maybe last) time since 1997.

Provided the other Big XII favorites win today, next week should have a couple of conference elimination games with Bedlam and K-State/Texas.

Florida up a quick 7-0 against Georgia, who are gonna be playing their first game without Brock Bowers after ankle surgery.

Looks like Georgia has opened up a can on the Gators even without Bowers, I wasn't expecting to see that today thought Florida would keep the score respectably close, still a lot of game left but Geesh.

Looks like Georgia has opened up a can on the Gators even without Bowers, I wasn't expecting to see that today thought Florida would keep the score respectably close, still a lot of game left but Geesh.
Highly disappointing, they’re getting completely outclassed. Still lots of work to do for Napier.

Oregon is absolutely rolling in SLC right now.

Air Force about to be 8-0. Would be nice if the service academies could throw the ball more.
First snow game of the season! CSU got penalized for their student section throwing snowballs. Haven’t seen that one before.

Something is up with Washington these past two weeks

Clemson being 4-4 is wild
It makes me wonder what type of tolerance or cushion Dabo has at Clemson.

I dont think he is at any immediate risk given his record, but he can't afford another year like this one. I am sure the fan base and the University considers themselves to be a national powerhouse and a routine 4 and 4 or even an 8-4 will not be acceptable or tolerated. It cant help with the recuiting either.

So I think some big off season adjustments will have to happen. I
think Dabo is a more CEO systems type with good recruiting, more than a positions type of coach. He really needs his assistant coaches, everyone needs that, but I think it is even more critical for him.

Last week was a bit light on big matchups, but the first CFP Top 25 have a combined 14 games against each other the next three weeks. Crunch time.

IMG_1802.jpeg

is the committee trying to motivate Georgia and Michigan? I mean just lol at catapulting Ohio State to #1 out of nowhere to create talking points. Classic committee. When a 25 game win streak by the back to back defending champs isn't enough Lol.

is the committee trying to motivate Georgia and Michigan? I mean just lol at catapulting Ohio State to #1 out of nowhere to create talking points. Classic committee. When a 25 game win streak by the back to back defending champs isn't enough Lol.
The committee has typically always been much more résumé-driven than the polls so I get it. Ohio State has a pair of Top 15 wins while Michigan and Georgia have pretty much played G5 schedules so far. But they also have two of the toughest remaining schedules of anyone in the country so as long as they win it’ll all sort itself out. It’s probably gonna come down to Ohio State @ Michigan as usual and then Georgia has three straight ranked teams plus the GT rivalry to close out the season, spoilers are going to be gunning for them.

Texas opening it up early against K-State. Maalik Murphy has been pretty nice in place of injured Quinn Ewers.

Back
Top Bottom