College football 2023

Another reason why I don’t understand college football. I always thought the top 25 was considered the best 25 teams in college football. However, I just saw Liberty University was 10-0 and wasn’t even ranked. Now I understand not everyone goes against the same teams and some teams have easier schedules than others. However, I find it hard to believe all those teams in the top 25 are better than LU. Is there some sort of algorithm that goes into the rankings or does someone just decide who they think the top 25 teams are? Again, I don’t follow college football (Too many teams to even keep track of), so I’m not exactly in the loop with how things work.
They’re ranked #25 in the AP poll but not in the CFP rankings, which is the one that matters and has its own balloting process through a selection committee each week. It tends to be much more résumé-driven and thus less favorable to G5 programs than the AP poll.

For reference, their strength of schedule is rated #132 out of a total 133 teams.

They’re ranked #25 in the AP poll but not in the CFP rankings, which is the one that matters and has its own balloting process through a selection committee each week. It tends to be much more résumé-driven and thus less favorable to G5 programs than the AP poll.

For reference, their strength of schedule is rated #132 out of a total 133 teams.
That make sense, thanks for the explanation. So, are they eligible for any big bowl games or are they SOL simply due to their easy schedule which is out of their control?

That make sense, thanks for the explanation. So, are they eligible for any big bowl games or are they SOL simply due to their easy schedule which is out of their control?
They’re definitely still in contention for the G5 auto bid to a New Year’s Six bowl if they win out. But they will probably need the AAC or MWC champ to have two losses.

Woof and the Husky faithful escape the most extreme Desean Jackson pick sixing leave the ball at the 3 yard line moment. 🐶

Penix remains in the hunt for the Heisman.

Georgia Bulldogs are up to bat now, Ole Miss going to be playing loose and free, they strike first

Georgia Bulldogs are up to bat now, Ole Miss going to be playing loose and free, they strike first
This is pretty much a zero-risk game for Ole Miss so I expect Kiffin to throw the kitchen sink at Georgia.

Random factoid - Mizzou became the first team to ever beat all four Tennessee schools in one season today. Very good chance they make a NY6 bowl and I doubt anyone expected that preseason.

I thought Fickell would take Wisconsin to the next level and here they are losing to Northwestern and Indiana.

Also, Braun should be Big Ten coach of the year. Heluva job

Hopefully the conference shake up will add some more interesting regular seasons. Frankly it's been kind of boring with no one really challenging the top teams in the Big Ten and SEC lately

Hopefully the conference shake up will add some more interesting regular seasons. Frankly it's been kind of boring with no one really challenging the top teams in the Big Ten and SEC lately
Pretty much no major upsets so far this season.

AP Top 5 is unbeaten against ranked teams, would be the first time since 1994 if nothing changes the final two weeks. And preseason Top 15 teams favored by 10+ are like 90-2 this season.

So relatively no chaos, but some it makes for a lot of competition at the top with some huge matchups the final two weeks, plus conference titles.

Pretty much no major upsets so far this season.

AP Top 5 is unbeaten against ranked teams, would be the first time since 1994 if nothing changes the final two weeks. And preseason Top 15 teams favored by 10+ are like 90-2 this season.

So relatively no chaos, but some it makes for a lot of competition at the top with some huge matchups the final two weeks, plus conference titles.
As long as Michigan beats Ohio in 2 weeks I don't care if we go 0-12 for five years straight

Ewers bombs it to Mitchell on 3rd&12 to run out the clock and extend Texas's playoff hopes for another week, what a clutch throw and adjustment catch holy ****.

Well, my Gators lost again, to nobody's surprise. Their defense made Jayden Daniels look like a Vick/Burrow combination. I think he has a good shot at the Heisman.
He should. He’ll definitely test the theory that voters only seriously consider players on top 5 teams these days.

Caleb Williams is transferring to Wendy's and I'm infiltrating their food establishment to tape their signals

Penn State has decided being a decade behind the cream of the crop offensively in the Big Ten is no longer tolerable.

Back
Top Bottom