Congratulations 18 Kyle Busch

Half the forum goes quiet or cries about cheating and the other half proclaims Kyle Busch as the greatest ever of all time... no in-between.

I love his presence in the sport. There hasn't ever been anyone as polarizing as him. You either love him or hate him, no in between.

If I was Truex, I'd be worried now. We've seen in the past once Kyle gets in his groove, he's unbeatable. And even with his "bad luck" (mostly created by himself), he's been a top-three driver all year.

KyBu is getting red hot at the right time. Dude might win a second.

NASCAR needs a few more talented, polarizing figures like Rowdy. That man can flat out wheel a racecar. I don't give a damn what he looks like.

I agree Kyle is great for the sport and as much as I don't care for his whiny attitude and the Toyotas in general I'm not sure what this sport would do without him.

Half the forum goes quiet or cries about cheating and the other half proclaims Kyle Busch as the greatest ever of all time... no in-between.

I love his presence in the sport. There hasn't ever been anyone as polarizing as him. You either love him or hate him, no in between.

If I was Truex, I'd be worried now. We've seen in the past once Kyle gets in his groove, he's unbeatable. And even with his "bad luck" (mostly created by himself), he's been a top-three driver all year.

Good post. I agree, and I think it will be fascinating to see if Kyle can continue to get hot, and ride it to Homestead. It has been interesting to me all year from the Toyota perspective that there has been no panic--in fact, I would call it a quiet confidence. I believe that '15 title shocked Toyota, and losing it in '16 was bitter. I kind of feel like they think that the peaked too early in '16. I won't say that they intentionally were slower early--or sandbagged--but I think that they have been patient with their development understanding that their finishes have been weird, and that the results would come.

As for Truex....yeah, I felt that Larson was the lead dog a few weeks ago, then Truex, and now Kyle is in the mix. Should be fun.

Lets see if he can "grove" Watkins Glenn.. You are dead right though, the boos are back, thanks Joe for the help.

I agree Kyle is great for the sport and as much as I don't care for his whiny attitude and the Toyotas in general I'm not sure what this sport would do without him.

Hate is good.

Seems to me like he knows he's the sport's heel and he's embraced it. He's not trying so hard to be likable anymore. I love it.

Lets see if he can "grove" Watkins Glenn.. You are dead right though, the boos are back, thanks Joe for the help.
No facts to back it up, shots in the dark, hate? I Can't wait for the Glen. Good thing Joe fixed the next 2 races as well.
:micro:

Next to Allmendinger, Kyle's the best road racer in Cup. He and Harvick are the only two drivers in Cup to have wins at both road courses.
Logano has won the last two races in Xfinity, Kez year before that. Logano won in cup the year before that in cup. Ya missed one there and Kyle damn Busch has never won an Xfinity race at Watkins Glenn. I'm only talking Watkins Glenn coming up though. Sonoma? meh, way different course

Last edited:
Funny how this works. People write off Kyle Busch's wins in XFINITY and Trucks because they're the minors, but they sure rush to count Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski's wins in K&N and XFINITY when they want to discredit Kyle Busch's accomplishments in Cup.

We're talking about the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, not Xfinity and K&N.
you go ahead and miss the Xfinity race this weekend, I wouldn't, it usually is the best race of the weekend. Kyle and Kevin haven't won the cup race in a long time. 2013 for Kyle was the latest.

you go ahead and miss the Xfinity race this weekend, I wouldn't, it usually is the best race of the weekend. Kyle and Kevin haven't won the cup race in a long time. 2013 for Kyle was the latest.

Still waiting for Logano and Keselowski's Cup wins at Sonoma.

Hate Kyle all you want but that's an impressive feat. Harvick's the only other active driver in Cup who has done it. And before Busch and Harvick, not many others have done it in the past. Even the great Dale Earnhardt could only get one road course win in his illustrious career (Mark Martin ****** finished ****** second in that ****** race because ****** of ****** course but I ain't mad).

Ohhhhhhh !!! imagine that ............. 2 cup wins in the record books

Funny how this works. People write off Kyle Busch's wins in XFINITY and Trucks because they're the minors, but they sure rush to count Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski's wins in K&N and XFINITY when they want to discredit Kyle Busch's accomplishments in Cup.

You are one of the people that write off his wins :rolleyes: they are still in the record books though :lol2:

You are one of the people that write off his wins :rolleyes: they are still in the record books though :lol2:

Yes, I don't care about Kyle's XFINITY wins. Just like I don't care about Logano's XFINITY wins or Keselowski's XFINITY wins or Harvick's XFINITY wins. A Cup driver winning in XFINITY means less than nothing to me.

I'm not the one bringing up other drivers' XFINITY or K&N wins to discredit Kyle Busch's Cup Series accomplishments.

So u go from green to checkers and instantly change the channel? What about pre-race highlights and wreck interviews.

Yep. The second the race ends, I either pull up the IndyCar or ARCA races on the DVR or flip over to CBS Sports Network for Pirelli World Challenge, DTM or BTCC racing.

He hasn't won at Watkins Glenn in Xfinity. nobody said a word about K&N but yourself?

Yes, I don't care about Kyle's XFINITY wins. Just like I don't care about Logano's XFINITY wins or Keselowski's XFINITY wins or Harvick's XFINITY wins. A Cup driver winning in XFINITY means less than nothing to me.

I'm not the one bringing up other drivers' XFINITY or K&N wins to discredit Kyle Busch's Cup Series accomplishments.

Kyle is quite accomplished in ALL the series ......... it doesn't require rocket science to see that :rolleyes: many drivers will race for their whole lives and never come close to winning one race in any of the three series

Unpopular Opinion: As much as Kyle is great, it's not like Sam Hornish Jr. didn't win out of the gate in a JGR car, Dakoda Armstrong got a top 5 in a JGR car, Ryan Preece and Kyle Benjamin finished 1-2 in a JGR car.

I must respectfully disagree with this part of your post. I think there was a guy some years ago that had the same exact effect on NASCAR fans. Now I remember his name, it was Dale Earnhardt Sr. It was love him, or hate him, there was no in between.

Kyle is quite accomplished in ALL the series ......... it doesn't require rocket science to see that :rolleyes: many drivers will race for their whole lives and never come close to winning one race in any of the three series

An elite Cup driver with an elite Cup car and elite Cup crew racing against kids in XFINITY and Trucks... yeah, I don't think his wins in those two series are impressive.

Unpopular Opinion: As much as Kyle is great, it's not like Sam Hornish Jr. didn't win out of the gate in a JGR car, Dakoda Armstrong got a top 5 in a JGR car, Ryan Preece and Kyle Benjamin finished 1-2 in a JGR car.

A monkey works cheap .... if they could win they would be doing it

Cars don't drive themselves. Sam Hornish was the greatest open wheel racers ever. Dakoda Armstrong is a good driver. Ryan Preece and Kyle Benjamin are elite racers in terms of talent.

A monkey works cheap .... if they could win they would be doing it

It's stat padding. Kyle's going for easy wins to pad his stats.

Kind of like Blake Bortles throwing two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter when the Jaguars are down 42-7. All it does is make his stats look good. Doesn't change that the Jaguars still lose. And Kyle's XFINITY wins don't make him the greatest driver in NASCAR history.

I'll respectfully disagree with your point about Dakoda Armstrong, lol. Though I will admit he's actually finally stepped it finally this year in the JGL car. I don't disagree with the other points.

An elite Cup driver with an elite Cup car and elite Cup crew racing against kids in XFINITY and Trucks... yeah, I don't think his wins in those two series are impressive.

Cup cars race in cup ..... the car Kyle races in Xfinity is certainly not a cup car ... it looks exactly the same as the other Xfinity cars and goes thru the same inspection process ... I have seen it. Kyles participation in the Xfinity series is one of the reasons the cars are what they are ...... and his trucks are what they are. Nobody is better at making equipment better .......... according to several folks that I have talked to that are part of the race teams. Its no accident when cars just keep getting better ..... it takes folks with much talent to make that happen.

It's stat padding. Kyle's going for easy wins to pad his stats.

Kind of like Blake Bortles throwing two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter when the Jaguars are down 42-7. All it does is make his stats look good. Doesn't change that the Jaguars still lose. And Kyle's XFINITY wins don't make him the greatest driver in NASCAR history.

Kyle drives for JGR ....

It gets proven time and time again. Preese was a back marker in Xfinity. Gets in the factory Toyota, instant hero. Also when it comes to spending the most by a large margin there's that. But call me a hater. basher whatever. It is what it is currently.

Cup cars race in cup ..... the car Kyle races in Xfinity is certainly not a cup car ... it looks exactly the same as the other Xfinity cars and goes thru the same inspection process ... I have seen it. Kyles participation in the Xfinity series is one of the reasons the cars are what they are ...... and his trucks are what they are. Nobody is better at making equipment better .......... according to several folks that I have talked to that are part of the race teams. Its no accident when cars just keep getting better ..... it takes folks with much talent to make that happen.

Kyle Busch, being a Cup champion, has resources at his disposal when he runs XFINITY with the Monster Energy Series superteam that is Joe Gibbs Racing that Brennan Poole and Daniel Hemric don't have. When Cup drivers run in XFINITY, they run with Cup superteams against inexperienced drivers who are running with second-tier teams.

So, no, it's not impressive when Kyle Busch wins an XFINTY race. And his XFINITY success doesn't make him the greatest driver in NASCAR history when he gets to 201 wins.

If the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots go out and beat a high school football team, is it impressive?

It gets proven time and time again. Preese was a back marker in Xfinity. Gets in the factory Toyota, instant hero. Also when it comes to spending the most by a large margin there's that. But call me a hater. basher whatever. It is what it is currently.

Preece was in a pretty bad car in XFINITY, and he put his entire career on the line to run those two races with Gibbs. He knew he was good enough to win races and, if he got an opportunity in a car that could win races, that he would. And he finished second in one race and won the other.

A lot of people inside the sport didn't like what Preece did either. They thought he should stay in a 30th place car and keep finishing 30th to "pay his dues". Preece knew he was good enough to win, took charge, forced his way into a car that could win and went out and won. Good for him.

Back
Top Bottom