Cup RACE thread ---- Atlanta

NBC and TNT are the same damn thing.

TNT handled all the production for NBC from 2001-2006, and most of the TNT production guys went to NBC in 2015.

Said no one ever.
How dare you besmirch the name of Bill Weber?
3612DBF3-E8DA-4646-989D-312A0214BA7E.jpeg

Peak Bill Webber is him telling a 45 second story about Carl Edwards visiting some military boat for inspiration during the entire white flag lap at Michigan

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Wally Dallenbach was the best part of the TNT Summer Series broadcasts.

Bill Weber isn’t as bad as people say, but he wasn’t very good either. Especially compared to Allen Bestwick, whom he replaced.

Weber was a GREAT pre race host though.

Feel bad for Lajoie. A top-5 could have done them very well. But can't blame him for not lifting. I think a last minute dive to the bottom would have had the same end result anyways, grip seemed to be falling away. His only "real" option would have been to move left half a lane, met Chase halfway, and slamdrafted him square in the back.

I only got to see the third stage, but newLanta looks racey.

Playoffs is when this all matters. Larson is the reigning, defending champion.
And he’s off. Without an entirely dominant car, he’s mortal and vulnerable to his weaknesses, which for him is mental. He falls out of the seat way too easy. Before now, everyone blamed that in CGR equipment. I’m so here for seeing it in HMS gear with no excuses. #bitter9fan

Feel bad for Lajoie. A top-5 could have done them very well. But can't blame him for not lifting. I think a last minute dive to the bottom would have had the same end result anyways, grip seemed to be falling away. His only "real" option would have been to move left half a lane, met Chase halfway, and slamdrafted him square in the back.

I only got to see the third stage, but newLanta looks racey.
No, Chase laid a hellaciously dirty block. Stick with the narrative.

And he’s off. Without an entirely dominant car, he’s mortal and vulnerable to his weaknesses, which for him is mental. He falls out of the seat way too easy. Before now, everyone blamed that in CGR equipment. I’m so here for seeing it in HMS gear with no excuses. #bitter9fan
I’ll be worried about the 5 when the playoffs start. Chase is on a great run right now and has to be a favorite to make it to Phoenix. I expect him to barring a disaster

I’ll be worried about the 5 when the playoffs start. Chase is on a great run right now and has to be a favorite to make it to Phoenix. I expect him to barring a disaster
Larson is honestly in trouble, no matter how people bend over to defend him for some reason. It doesn’t matter how many sprint races he wins.

I really like Chase. Some of his fans are absolutely insufferable.
I know I have my moments, but as a Larson fan, I know damn sure I've made conscious efforts to be respectful, calm, tame and classy both in victory, defeat and during struggles.

Fans create haters to stay motivated, it's part of sports. But what's really happening is "my favorite deserves the most attention, and anyone who doesn't respect that is a hater", especially when his fans were complaining about the attention Larson got for his season last year - which is exactly what they accuse "haters" of doing when Chase wins.

You see that hypocrisy everywhere, but with certain athletes that kind of projection gets dialed way up.

The real discussion here is how bad NBC is getting with their broadcasts.

Wally Dallenbach was the best part of the TNT Summer Series broadcasts.

Bill Weber isn’t as bad as people say, but he wasn’t very good either. Especially compared to Allen Bestwick, whom he replaced.

Weber was a GREAT pre race host though.
Wally was ****** awesome.

Larson is honestly in trouble, no matter how people bend over to defend him for some reason. It doesn’t matter how many sprint races he wins.
Trouble? Why Lmao? This is overreacting

That was a pretty entertaining race but an awful WWE type ending (if you don't believe in Karma, believe in Nathan the prophet in 2Samuel 12).
Super classy move for Corey LaJoie to congratulate Chase in Victory circle. He is super knowledgeable and definitely is a winning caliber driver.

I am a big SMI supporter (season tix at TMS and Sonoma regular for 13 years) but what is the problem with not being able to put butts in seats at Atlanta? Was it because of the rain that so few people showed up or should they lose a race?

I know revenue comes more from TV than tickets but seeing an empty grandstand looks terrible. XM announcers say "you can't hold a race at Rockingham, Bowman Gray or some tiny local track because you can't put enough fans in the seats" but seeing the empty seats at AMS, why not?

Without the boneheaded pit call at Sonoma, and Briscoe wrecking himself in the 600, Larson is sitting on 3 wins this year. And even with the wrecks and bad luck, you're willing to call a driver who is top 5 in points, second most top 5s in the field and a top 4 or 5 driver rating "in trouble"? That's a good problem to have.

Chase is having a borderline career year (more speed in 2020 imo, left about 4 more wins on the table). But Larson, the 5 team are okay. They're going to win a hell of a lot more races and compete for many more championships in the future and you know it.

Without the boneheaded pit call at Sonoma, and Briscoe wrecking himself in the 600, Larson is sitting on 3 wins this year. And even with the wrecks and bad luck, you're willing to call a driver who is top 5 in points, second most top 5s in the field and a top 4 or 5 driver rating "in trouble"? That's a good problem to have.

Chase is having a borderline career year (more speed in 2020 imo, left about 4 more wins on the table). But Larson, the 5 team are okay. They're going to win a hell of a lot more races and compete for many more championships in the future and you know it.

Keep telling yourself that. I love you as a poster, but Larson fans have s**t on us like crazy since he joined HMS. Other than fencing the 9 for a win, sprint car all star has been MIA this year. We're enjoying it.

Just using the same logic as Elliott haters here before now. Fair is fair.
As I recall, you were the one calling Elliott washed last year, said he will never win a title again, gave him crap for not winning on an oval, and spent the last 18 races going on about how much better Larson is, etc. You're front running really hard.

I know I have my moments, but as a Larson fan, I know damn sure I've made conscious efforts to be respectful, calm, tame and classy both in victory, defeat and during struggles.

Fans create haters to stay motivated, it's part of sports. But what's really happening is "my favorite deserves the most attention, and anyone who doesn't respect that is a hater", especially when his fans were complaining about the attention Larson got for his season last year - which is exactly what they accuse "haters" of doing when Chase wins.

You see that hypocrisy everywhere, but with certain athletes that kind of projection gets dialed way up.

The real discussion here is how bad NBC is getting with their broadcasts.

I appreciate all the drivers out there, but refuse to make heroes of any of them.

As I recall, you were the one calling Elliott washed last year, said he will never win a title again, gave him crap for not winning on an oval, and spent the last 18 races going on about how much better Larson is, etc. You're front running really hard.

100% valid. I take my lumps as I'm talking crap on top. Guilty. I'm a victim of the moment, and the moment feels damned good. I concede.

That was a pretty entertaining race but an awful WWE type ending (if you don't believe in Karma, believe in Nathan the prophet in 2Samuel 12).
Super classy move for Corey LaJoie to congratulate Chase in Victory circle. He is super knowledgeable and definitely is a winning caliber driver.

I am a big SMI supporter (season tix at TMS and Sonoma regular for 13 years) but what is the problem with not being able to put butts in seats at Atlanta? Was it because of the rain that so few people showed up or should they lose a race?

I know revenue comes more from TV than tickets but seeing an empty grandstand looks terrible. XM announcers say "you can't hold a race at Rockingham, Bowman Gray or some tiny local track because you can't put enough fans in the seats" but seeing the empty seats at AMS, why not?

One would think with how large the Atlanta metro area is, it wouldn't be hard to sell tickets. But with it's relatively close proximity to tracks like Bristol, Daytona Talladega, Darlington and Charlotte, most people who only plan on going to one race a year would likely much rather go to one of those tracks as opposed to Atlanta.

Keep telling yourself that. I love you as a poster, but Larson fans have s**t on us like crazy since he joined HMS. Other than fencing the 9 for a win, sprint car all star has been MIA this year. We're enjoying it.
I hardly cared for Larson until he won Vegas and I felt some Empathy for the kid due to the situation. I believe in personal growth and second chances which is why I became a supporter of his last year.

However, I certainly was not a fan of him prior to that, and I recall distinctly not liking him very much at CGR. It sucks that some of his fans irritate you, but I was never one of those fans who acted like that, so I don't really care about this Jeff Vs Jimmie rehash. But I'm going to defend the notion that a driver top 5 in points and due for another few wins is in fact, not really in trouble, regardless of how vindicating this season feels.

Back
Top Bottom