Cup RACE thread --- Dover on a Monday

"I have a HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT like a truck."
I thought the song was satire. It isn't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was also 10 when he died. But I've done my homework.

With all due respect, Dale seemed like a ****** man.

Drove dirty, not wreckless, but dirty. Dirtier than Ross. He was a negligent father.

Also. Outting Mark Martin for his alcohol abuse is just the behavior of a ****** ****** human being.

Can't look past that.

I wish I could give this a thousand thumbs up.

Bo Burnham tells us EVERYTHING about that "Heart like a truck" song...

No disrespect to country fans. But listen to Bo's entire song here..it's hilarious..and hits the nail on the head as far as contemporary country goes.

No disrespect to country fans. But listen to Bo's entire song here..it's hilarious..and hits the nail on the head as far as contemporary country goes.

LOVE that parody, mainly because it's so damned accurate. Every time Anheuser Busch comes out with another 'Murica country music ad to try and distract from their stepping in a cow patty, I sing "that's texbook pandering!" in Burnham's voice in my head.

"I've got a HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT like a truck."

I’ll never buy a dodge truck ever because of that awful commercial. I’ll take the Grandpa with breathing problems and his bratty grandkid back gladly at this point.

Between that super annoying Ram commercial and the dumb "I need to try it first" Coke nonsense, I've started muting the volume every commercial break, every race this year. Never thought I would long for the days of the Symbicort old guy playing wolf and pigs. "Like you do sometimes grandpa?"
I just posted this Lmao ha ha

LOVE that parody, mainly because it's so damned accurate.
"dirt road. Cold beer. Blue Jeans. A red pickup. Rural noun, simple adjective"

"I write songs for the people who do jobs in the towns I would never move to"

"I own a ranch that I rarely use. I DONT LIKE DIRT"

The other stuff I could maybe look past.

But outting a good man for what amounts to a closeted substance abuse issue is honestly one of the worst things you can do to someone.

That was the 91 press conference at Atlanta? I remember reading something about that in an old Ed Hinton article

Oh boy Larson is back. Giddy up.” There’s nothing to fear Ross but that HendrickCars.Com Chevy itself”
1682962768528.gif

Why is the 14 running so awful today. Is it because I picked him?

Current country is bad with the exception of a few artists I enjoy currently. Old school like Alan Jackson is timeless
Right now every genre is bad.

Rock is dead. Country is a parody of itself. Pop music is slow and boring and depressing (literally, there are studies about how it’s contributing to teenage depression/suicides).

Spot on.

Right now every genre is bad.

Rock is dead. Country is a parody of itself. Pop music is slow and boring and depressing (literally, there are studies about how it’s contributing to teenage depression/suicides).
Finally, something we 100% agree on. Modern music, regardless of genre, sucks so much. Now get off my lawn you darned kids.

Man, I don’t know what happened. Started top 10 and stayed them here for a bit, then went to complete ****. All those cars besides the 4 are just inconsistent as hell.
Yea especially after he’s been running well the last month. Just clueless today

Across all music, they are probably like 4-5 artist I like, that’s in total.
I honestly haven't liked new music in since I was in dental school, so like 2000-2005. My favorite artist just put out an album and I even hate that. I'm a curmudgeon I guess.

Back
Top Bottom