Cup RACE thread --- Fontana

The reason we are not allowed to use cuss words here is so that children of all ages can join in and talk about their teams and drivers. I think they should also be able to listen to the crews and drivers talking back and forth. The more people in the family that is interested the more ticket sales at the track or eyeballs on the tv.
Fines would get something like that started, listening to the Busch brothers back in the day was just sick IMO. It couldn't have helped the sport listening to a couple of drivers gooning around and it isn't helping now IMO.

What about Joe Gibbs? :) Personally I think the kids would be the ones that would really enjoy listening to the radios. I know they do at the NHRA events. Maybe there needs to be some rules in affect that penalizes the drivers and crew members when they say inappropriate words on the radio so that the kids can listen in. After all this is supposed to be a family event.
I disagree. The drivers and CC's conversations should not be subject to penalties. They need to concentrate on the getting the job done. I would prefer, if it's such a problem, that no one be able to listen in.

This is not something they should have to worry about

They should worry about getting the MRN/PRN/track announcing working better with the feeds/frequencies. Barely worked in Richmond and I much prefer having good announcers covering the race these days than hearing the drivers not happy about their handling.

I disagree. The drivers and CC's conversations should not be subject to penalties. They need to concentrate on the getting the job done. I would prefer, if it's such a problem, that no one be able to listen in.
If astronauts and Nasa flight control can concentrate enough to send a rocket into outer space while the whole world is watching and listening, then I think a professional driver and their crew chief should be able concentrate enough to get around a racetrack without cussing. :) jmo

Racing-forums every Monday:

1646083355953.png

I've listened to it and I think they embellish a lot for entertainment value but I'm just gonna be honest I have little respect for Brett. If there was one spotter that we had a problem with attitude wise it was him. Dude was always mad about something even during practice. I remember him yelling at a couple of guys because Sadler was on a practice Q run and he thought they got in his was when in reality it was his fault for starting him on his run where he did. Just a dick.
I can totally see that. Don't care much for him based on show either.

They should worry about getting the MRN/PRN/track announcing working better with the feeds/frequencies. Barely worked in Richmond and I much prefer having good announcers covering the race these days than hearing the drivers not happy about their handling.
Worked great this weekend at Fontana

Channel 68/69/70 did aka MRN radio? Might have just been Richmond, I dunno. Kinda miss FanVision, wish they would find a similar replacement to that
69 at Fontana this past weekend.
Glad it worked and glad some cars used the same frequencies.
I never got my scanner reprogrammed because there was ONE Racing Electronics trailer for 100,000 race fans. Prolly 100 people in line when I went over there.

69 at Fontana this past weekend.
Glad it worked and glad some cars used the same frequencies.
I never got my scanner reprogrammed because there was ONE Racing Electronics trailer for 100,000 race fans. Prolly 100 people in line when I went over there.

Yeah, the vendors and lack of trackside entertainment needs to be addressed but for some reason NASCAR doesn’t care, maybe there is a job shortage there but a lot of people actually care about that stuff. Racing Electronics could do better as well.

Yeah, the vendors and lack of trackside entertainment needs to be addressed but for some reason NASCAR doesn’t care, maybe there is a job shortage there but a lot of people actually care about that stuff. Racing Electronics could do better as well.
The lady at the RE trailer that was directing everything said she was the only employee that they brought back after Covid. I waited in line for a spell only to find out they didn’t accept cash when I finally got up there. 😡

The lady at the RE trailer that was directing everything said she was the only employee that they brought back after Covid. I waited in line for a spell only to find out they didn’t accept cash when I finally got up there. 😡

That’s unbelievable to me. NASCAR has to take over or partner with RE on putting out a better product than that. Not sure on the cash thing though often times they require card, the concessions not taking cash sounded dumb

That’s unbelievable to me. NASCAR has to take over or partner with RE on putting out a better product than that. Not sure on the cash thing though often times they require card, the concessions not taking cash sounded dumb
It seemed they were understaffed everywhere except the admission gates (although they never found my blade even though I got wanded…😉)
Probably a third of the beer vendor stands, limited choices for alcohol…I would die of thirst before I’d drink Budweiser. The largest line was at the giant turkey leg vendor. Outside the grandstands the vendor area was almost barren compared to previous years. Never saw a single vendor selling anything in the grandstands. They had damn near two years to prepare.
Headed to LVMS this weekend, I hope they have it figured out.

It seemed they were understaffed everywhere except the admission gates (although they never found my blade even though I got wanded…😉)
Probably a third of the beer vendor stands, limited choices for alcohol…I would die of thirst before I’d drink Budweiser. The largest line was at the giant turkey leg vendor. Outside the grandstands the vendor area was almost barren compared to previous years. Never saw a single vendor selling anything in the grandstands. They had damn near two years to prepare.
Headed to LVMS this weekend, I hope they have it figured out.

Yeah, I’m not surprised by the lack of concessions. I noticed the Raiders had the same issue.

I thought a lot of people liked going to the race to see a lot of vendors so that’s a disappointment when they’re trying to sell the new car and increase in attendance

Yeah, I’m not surprised by the lack of concessions. I noticed the Raiders had the same issue.

I thought a lot of people liked going to the race to see a lot of vendors so that’s a disappointment when they’re trying to sell the new car and increase in attendance
Lot of poor people that worked these jobs are either dead, suffering from long Covid or scared away due to family suffering. But GIVE ME MY BEER!!!

Lot of poor people that worked these jobs are either dead, suffering from long Covid or scared away due to family suffering. But GIVE ME MY BEER!!!

I’m not sure if that’s who was actually working those jobs, people just don’t want low pay anymore

Well I know one thing, I am not going to take the opinions around here about concessions at a track that most weren't even there as gospel.

I’m not sure if that’s who was actually working those jobs, people just don’t want low pay anymore
Read your reply. Read my comment. Do it several times and see if they seem to be saying the same thing. Maybe you don't believe Covid was that big a deal for the poor "essential workers" like these very people.

Read your reply. Read my comment. Do it several times and see if they seem to be saying the same thing. Maybe you don't believe Covid was that big a deal for the poor "essential workers" like these very people.

I read your reply. Don’t be condscending or think you know me. I notice that’s why many of us have left this forum. Middle aged people do not care about the pandemic like you think & I have not seen a lot of old people at consession stands. Just personal experience, but wait I forgot you know every race I attend. I forgot only what YOUR opinion is what matters.

Last edited:
I read your reply. Don’t be condescending or think you know me. I notice that’s why many of us have left this forum. Middle aged people do not care about the pandemic like you think & I have not seen a lot of old people at concession stands. Just personal experience, but wait I forgot you know every race I attend. I forgot only what YOUR opinion is what matters.
I'm 64 and really have no idea what you are talking about. I expressed an OPINION about why some concessions might be short on workers. But whatever. Another goes on my long ignore list.

Back
Top Bottom