Cup RACE thread --- Indy

Tyler Reddick has a kid!?!?

Wtf? Since when?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pat
There was no stopping Reddick. They put Chastain a lap down

1659304645664.png

NASCAR called Chastain's bold strategy Cotton move correctly.

I'm assuming now that they've needlessly interrupted the continuity of the Brickyard 400, and that once NBC sees that the chaos isn't doing a damn thing for their viewership by comparison, it'll be back to the oval by at latest 2024.

Harrison finished 3rd, he somehow didn't get any of the carnage in turns 1/2.
At least Reddick was a deserving winner.

Otherwise…pure clownery. Not sure how the sport and IMS are supposed to be proud of this event. Let’s just all ****** bulldoze each other with a sharp 90-degree corner at the end of a high speed straight.
Yet there are some folks who think Cup should race at Portland:idunno:

In typical NASCAR fashion, they did not penalize Denny for the same move in first stage

NASCAR called Chastain's bold strategy Cotton move correctly.

I'm assuming now that they've needlessly interrupted the continuity of the Brickyard 400, and that once NBC sees that the chaos isn't doing a damn thing for their viewership by comparison, it'll be back to the oval by at latest 2024.
30 year anniversary of the first race…back to the oval. Let’s go!

On what planet? He skipped two turns and gained like ten spots. Wtf man?

The rule doesn't require him to stop, he did brake before missing the corner and trying his bold move, and he did brake exiting that access road.

What's the penalty for? Gaining spots? Because NASCAR didn't like the outcome of it?

For starters, this is why we need to quit running fake road courses. At least with a city street course like Chicago, you can't just blatantly cut the course.

Back
Top Bottom