Cup RACE thread --- Indy

The move Reddick is referencing from Larson, definitely comes from having reps in the IndyCar imo. Late moves to the left on corner entry to make passes, definitely seems like something he was comfortable with because that's what they were doing in Indy Car.

He was stopped by then, he settled on the track while Larson was coming out of 4.

Besides, they called a yellow when Bush hit the wall and kept going. So why does one justify it but the other not?
Because 1 is the final lap and the other isnt.

The 41 was still trying to go after they crossed the line on the white flag, legit win. If he was stuffed and not moving I can see the anger but thats not what happened.
If that had happened on lap 5, they'd have thrown the yellow before he hit the wall. Just be consistent.

I just saw the replay and Larson did NOT jump the restart!
Not the last restart, the second last restart after Keselowski dropped off for the pits. Per the rule book, though the line moves up, he is NOT THE CONTROL VEHICLE. Whichever announcer said that is wrong according to the rule book. The second-place car becomes the control car.
Yes, Larson jumped first, the same as Majewski did in the truck race on Friday night. SAME SITUATION, different rules?

Poor Blaney. Dudes brain is scrambled right now lol

He's been in race winning contention every single week for a month or so now.

He'll win a whole bunch more. I'm sure the 400 will be one of them at some point

Not the last restart, the second last restart after Keselowski dropped off for the pits. Per the rule book, though the line moves up, he is NOT THE CONTROL VEHICLE. Whichever announcer said that is wrong according to the rule book. The second-place car becomes the control car.
Yes, Larson jumped first, the same as Majewski did in the truck race on Friday night. SAME SITUATION, different rules?
When they passed the last restart line they were dead even. So one can argue that to death, but Larson was not ahead and Nascar isn't going to change the outcome.

You can pass in the box when the leader goes.

Bang-bang call. If Larson jumped first it was slight, not by much at all. They’re not making that judgment in that scenario.

I have no issue with the late caution at the end, they're tired of the backlash from multiple GWCs. The late caution only compounded the mess that they created on the restart before. They need to re-evaluate their process for that scenario, because it sucks.

I for one am glad for the 3 week break.

To his credit Majeski was half to 3/4ers of a Truck length ahead of the control Truck. They had to call it.

He's been in race winning contention every single week for a month or so now.

He'll win a whole bunch more. I'm sure the 400 will be one of them at some point
The 12 team is finding their groove from late ‘23.

Blaney reminds me of prime Bobby Labonte. Always up front. Always on the losing end of a bang bang call or bad luck.

Minus the two Dega wins at the line.

I think Larson and Elliott were the class of the field today without really having an opportunity to show it.

I also think Larson getting experience in the Indy 500 was way more of a difference maker than we anticipated. During that final run, Larson and Elliott both got through the field arguably better than anyone else did all day, but Larson did a considerably better job. While most drivers seemed to be setting up passes on corner exit and building runs, Larson was making these really short, late corner entry moves to out brake other cars. Reddick referenced this in his post race interview with Kyle "catching me off guard".

IIRC correctly, passes in the Indy 500 were quick, and mostly took place on corner entry, and were complete after each turn. It seemed to me that Larson had the reps in IndyCar to call on when it came to making quick passes on a one lane speedway and it paid dividends when he had a tire advantage against guys saving fuel.

I could be off here but he seemed to be the only one making those moves.

Dear Mrs. Larson, Maybe that short skirt wasn't the best choice for a place where you kiss the bricks. Yes, You looked good in it but you really had to work your butt off to prevent "show and tell".

• Haha
Reactions: Pat
I have no issue with the late caution at the end, they're tired of the backlash from multiple GWCs. The late caution only compounded the mess that they created on the restart before. They need to re-evaluate their process for that scenario, because it sucks.

I for one am glad for the 3 week break.
wait It’s 3? I thought it was 2…

Back
Top Bottom