Cup RACE thread --- Kansas

With the way the #43 slammed back down into the ground I wonder if he injured his back a la Denny at Fontana 2013. :(

Eerily similar. He hit head on at almost full speed. Anytime the rear wheels come that far off the ground you've hit something a ton.

Apparently Aric was on the radio after the hit saying "my back, my back".

Not good.

I wonder if it was rear of the car coming back down that jarred his back, it came down what looked like a ton

I understand the commentators don't want to overstate a potential injury. But just because Aric is alive doesn't mean he's fine. Joey is shaken up clearly. The amount of time it took to get him from that car means he's obviously hurt.

Prayers for Almirola.

I understand the commentators don't want to overstate a potential injury. But just because Aric is alive doesn't mean he's fine. Joey is shaken up clearly. The amount of time it took to get him from that car means he's obviously hurt.

Prayers for Almirola.

Likewise man, I think Almirola has been great for RPM and it really sucks to see this happen to him.

Back in the day that car would be covered with a tarp when the roof was cut off. Odd to see it towed like that.

Now the concern becomes.. is it a muscle strain or a spine issue. Any back injury, even a muscle can warrent that reaction. Hopefully that is what it is, and not something more serioud

With the way the #43 slammed back down into the ground I wonder if he injured his back a la Denny at Fontana 2013. :(
Whoops, my bad, you already said that , I am thinking the same thing, it came down a ton

Likewise man, I think Almirola has been great for RPM and it really sucks to see this happen to him.

Absolutely. Good driver and very likeable guy. Don't wanna see it happen to anyone, but stinks to see for Aric.

Wins the Xfinity race last week. Gets backboarded out the next. Racing is dangerous. Always has been. Always will be.

If the injury IS serious, the medical crew sure is taking their sweet ****** time pushing Aric through the medcenter.

If he was complaining of back pain, I can see why it took so long to get him out. Spinal immobilization is critical.

Danica barely mentions Almirola then goes right back to talking about herself.

Hey Danica we know it sucks to be you this season but how about you show some concern for your fellow driver

Back
Top Bottom