Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville, Rd. 2

They'll be alright.

Bump n' runs have been in NASCAR's history for a long time. Why folks are up in arms, I have no clue. I guess what Carl did to Kyle at Richmond two years ago was dirty. He got moved out of the way or we have seen in worse cases when folks get dumped.
Took KyBu a box of chocolate to get over that one IIRC.

Gordon literally lost a shot at a championship thanks to Newman fencing Larson at Phoenix but w/e.

I truly, honestly don't know what to say to that. But passionate fan reactions are good for the sport.

I guess I'll say that I like Truex too, because that has to be what your fervor is about? It's Martinsville!
Sure, but doesnt change the fact that the 22 ran out of talent. The 78 clearly was better and showed it by not touching the 22, hell you could run off in to the corner and bank off of someone. Thats bullshat racing.

They'll be alright.

Bump n' runs have been in NASCAR's history for a long time. Why folks are up in arms, I have no clue. I guess what Carl did to Kyle at Richmond two years ago was dirty. He got moved out of the way or we have seen in worse cases when folks get dumped.
Exactly. If he wouldn’t have made that move people would be complaining that theres no bump and run and NASCAR ain’t like the good ol’ days.

Sure, but doesnt change the fact that the 22 ran out of talent. The 78 clearly was better and showed it by not touching the 22, hell you could run off in to the corner and bank off of someone. Thats bullshat racing.

I have zero issue with what Logano did coming to the checkers at Martinsville in any context. However, the playoff win and you're in system encourages that sense of desperation.

I feel bad for Truex as well, and wouldn't complain if he roughed up Logano at Homestead, within reason. That's also part of Logano making that move, and he should know it.

Debate his ethics or morality all you want, but Logano didn't run out of talent. He knew exactly what he wanted to accomplish, how he wanted to accomplish it, and he went out and did it.

I'm a dirt guy through and through. No, you wouldn't do that in a sprint car. Maybe at the Chili Bowl. Martinsville in a stock car is different.
I'm surprised because Larson seemed to think Chicagoland was fair.

Although he probably doesn't have too much to like about NASCAR at the moment so there's that.

I'm surprised because Larson seemed to think Chicagoland was fair.

Although he probably doesn't have too much to like about NASCAR at the moment so there's that.

I'm probably wrong, but there are many times where it seems Larson is only in NASCAR to collect a paycheck. I think he would rather be racing on dirt or open wheel

NASCAR fans are the most difficult,hypocritical, cry babies in the whole world.... 90% of the reason most people like NASCAR is for the drama, the excitement, the hard racing and to win a race God forbid anybody does any of that and you frown upon it. Get a reality check just because you don't like who won the race don't let it skew your opinion of what happened had the 78 done that the 22 in my opinion it's a 100% fair game this is Martinsville after all!!!! the racing for a Championship don't be such @$&%#!!!!!

He let that be known honestly.
I'm probably wrong, but there are many times where it seems Larson is only in NASCAR to collect a paycheck. I think he would rather be racing on dirt or open wheel
I can see how you could view it that way but I think at the end of the day they are all racers and they all want to win whatever race the are in.

He's pissed and should be. Truex raced him clean for 25 laps and Logano drove through him.

It was great racing but Logano did him dirty.

Logano is a marked man. Miami could be an encore of Toledo in 2008.
Every driver in the field has raced like that at one point or another. Don’t act like the 22 was the first driver to do it.

Debate his ethics or morality all you want, but Logano didn't run out of talent. He knew exactly what he wanted to accomplish, how he wanted to accomplish it, and he went out and did it.
So when MTJ knocks Logano out of the championship you will be just as OK? You better be, Cause it's coming. IMO, Logano is just about the most hated driver in the place by the other drivers. He has no class. But i liked the "other" Martins' way of racing. Mark Martin. Seen him accidently move somebody, slow down and let them by, then re-pass cleanly. THAT is class.

So when MTJ knocks Logano out of the championship you will be just as OK? You better be, Cause it's coming. IMO, Logano is just about the most hated driver in the place by the other drivers. He has no class. But i liked the "other" Martins' way of racing. Mark Martin. Seen him accidently move somebody, slow down and let them by, then re-pass cleanly. THAT is class. .

Are we going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant? Or are we at a race track? At the end of the day if winning is not the most important thing to a person they shouldn't be racing. I'm not worried about class I'm worried about wins.... guarantee if Kyle Busch did that to Joey Logano it would have been all cool!!!

Reactions: Pat
Larson ran over Kyle Busch at Chicago and got it back. Truex never used Logano up.

Logano used him up in turn 3, knew Truex would have the run off so used him up again.
Larson got loose and into Busch. Busch dumped him. ***** move if I ever saw one.

So when MTJ knocks Logano out of the championship you will be just as OK? You better be, Cause it's coming. IMO, Logano is just about the most hated driver in the place by the other drivers. He has no class. But i liked the "other" Martins' way of racing. Mark Martin. Seen him accidently move somebody, slow down and let them by, then re-pass cleanly. THAT is class. .

I was a huge fan of Mark and that's what I enjoyed the most about him. Yet at the same time, I'm not mad at Joey for what he did. The system has a lot to do with the "Whatever it takes", mentality that nascar wants from the drivers. Joey did nothing wrong, he raced Martin clean and in the end he decided to bump him out of the way for the win. I guess he's just supposed to let Martin win? He should have known the tendencies of Joey as well, dude is a hard nosed racer.

Honestly, that's epitomizes respect because he could have just dumped Martin. A la why the forum wanted to set Hamlin ablaze last year, it was dead wrong to just dump with the biggest kamikaze divebomb known to man. That wasn't being respectful.

Gordon was wrong, Edwards was wrong, JJ was wrong, Dale Sr was wrong, a lot of legends were wrong for bumping and running then. Drivers are there to try to win at the end of the day, I blame the system more than anything else.

Mark Martin accidentally wrecked Brad Keselowski at Las Vegas for a win. He didn't celebrate in VL.

Jr said he told Truex he raced too clean. Truex could have moved him many times in those last laps but he didn't. I hope he doesn't make that mistake again. FTR, I don't care for jolo, he ran dirty when he raced on the Ct tracks,

Reactions: Pat
This is all nascar’s fault, they said. “Have at it boys”

Back
Top Bottom