Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville, Rd. 2

What bias? I know why the 22 did what he did, but dont tell me he was the faster and the better car. So with that being said, I hope the 78 returns the favor
I don’t have a problem with your take on this. I really thought the 78 and 22 were the best cars all day with a cameo from the 11, 2 and 18. Let’s hope the 22 wrote a check that his ass will be able to cash but I think the 78 is going to take him out. In a surgical manner like the 24/9 did last year to the 11, the question is where.

I can't remember who it was at the truck race, might have been Snider, bonzi'd it into turn one on a restart, blasted into Sauter who was two rows ahead. Sauter held on to it and went on, nothing like Joey's bump and run, but short track racing none the less. It is what it is. Whining like Truex isn't going to change the thing. Sauter just shrugged it off.

Im not a 78 fan, Im a racer, The 22 was dirty.
But don’t you think the playoff system they use ensured this would happen? The 22 has been behind the big 3 all year, this WAS HIS SHOT to get an all expenses paid trip to Miami to get a shot at the championship. IMO maybe it’s dirty but the 22 had to do it. He had no gurantees on how Texas and Phoenix would go.

So you will be ok when Truex dumps you right?

Like I have said that's stock car racing!!! That's why we are here!! Like I said last year when the 24 knocked the 2 out I was ok that's all fair game just expect payback! 78 dumps the 22 it's part of that game man eye for an eye! Now you dump someone and you use your car as a weapon that's bull**** i.e. kenseth logano

Are we forgetting it was a last corner of the last lap?

This is only because it was Joey.

If my driver that I pay millions isnt that hungry for a win, I’d be ashamed.
This^^^^^^, I don’t want a driver who will settle for second. Give me a stable full of Logano’s and Kezlowski’s, let the accountants take care of the wrecked cars.

But don’t you think the playoff system they use ensured this would happen? The 22 has been behind the big 3 all year, this WAS HIS SHOT to get an all expenses paid trip to Miami to get a shot at the championship. IMO maybe it’s dirty but the 22 had to do it. He had no gurantees on how Texas and Phoenix would go.
Windsheild deep

I'm afraid it was Martin "Elliott Sadler" Truex today.
Nice catchy quote but it is not comparable.
Sadler whined because he could not pass Preece at Homestead.
Truax isn't happy because he raced Joey cleanly and he executed a clean pass. Joey could not do the same, and plowed Truax to get the win.

God knows I'm no fan of Joey Logano, but I had ZERO issue with what he did. It was coming to the flag, and Martin didn't wreck, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned, even though it just might have been the final nail in Chase's season. I have to admit I was SUPER impressed with Joey today. I didn't think he would even be able to hold off the 2, let alone the 78, but he did. Truex had every right to be pissed about what Johnson did to him at Charlotte, but he was off base today.

heading to the house "live"

God knows I'm no fan of Joey Logano, but I had ZERO issue with what he did. It was coming to the flag, and Martin didn't wreck, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned, even though it just might have been the final nail in Chase's season. I have to admit I was SUPER impressed with Joey today. I didn't think he would even be able to hold off the 2, let alone the 78, but he did. Truex had every right to be pissed about what Johnson did to him at Charlotte, but he was off base today.
Get the hell outta here, he didnt " hold off" the 78

It's typical short track racing, what else do you expect out of anybody in that position on the final lap? It'd be one thing if it was Kansas, but it was Martinsville. Truex has a right to be mad, but other than racing him real hard at Homestead, I see not much beef.

Only thing MTJ has a right to do is move the 22 for the win. So if he finds himself behind the 22 on the last lap or 10 to go, it’s racing. Maybe he learned something from Joey today....maybe.

Bottom line: if they race clean Truex wins. He cleared him and the only thing Joey could do to win was bump. If Truex clips him at PHX or Homestead I’ll raise my glass and say “karma”.

Get the hell outta here, he didnt " hold off" the 78

He held him up until what, one to go? I fully expected Truex to blow by him MANY laps before that and drive off into the sunset just as I expected Keselowski to do. Joey was able to keep both from passing him down to the very last. THAT was impressive. As for what happened after that, it has ALWAYS been my policy that late in the race it's OK to move somebody as long as you don't wreck them. Carry on at your own risk. If you screw up and wreck somebody, you get whatever you have coming to you. If Martin had taken a swing at Jimmie after Charlotte, I would have said Jimmie had it coming.

He held him up until what, one to go? I fully expected Truex to blow by him MANY laps before that and drive off into the sunset just as I expected Keselowski to do. Joey was able to keep both from passing him down to the very last. THAT was impressive. As for what happened after that, it has ALWAYS been my policy that late in the race it's OK to move somebody as long as you don't wreck them. Carry on at your own risk. If you screw up and wreck somebody, you get whatever you have coming to you. If Martin had taken a swing at Jimmie after Charlotte, I would have said Jimmie had it coming.

I agree with this, except for the last sentence. Jimmie's wreck was completely unintentional.

Back
Top Bottom