Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville, Rd. 2

The real ahole move was Danny running Joey into the wall. It is all that really matters.
The post race superficial pretend badass game means nothing more than talking.
If anything I enjoyed them both suffering some for the way the ran this race last year.
Unfortunately you can’t touch anyone at Texas but hopefully he gets walled at Phoenix like he was by Chase a few years ago. “Deposits and withdrawals” my ass.

Whoever the moron who threw Hamlin to the ground is should be suspended. So tired of these crew guys trying to play hero.
To be fair, a lot of the crew guys are ex military or contact sports players who are trained in combat/how to ground someone. At least they get the job done.

To be fair, a lot of the crew guys are ex military or contact sports players who are trained in combat/how to ground someone. At least they get the job done.
It was goofy and escalated the whole thing further than it needed to go. Nothing else was gonna happen by that point and almost cracking skulls on pavement isn’t worth it.

This sport is so desperate for excitement that the reporter actually had to ask Denny “are you gonna fight him after this?”

So stupid.

It was goofy and escalated the whole thing further than it needed to go. Nothing else was gonna happen by that point and almost cracking skulls on pavement isn’t worth it.
Better than a hug fest IMO. You see he tackled another #22 team member and it took like 6 guys to get him away? Fatman actually meant business unlike anyone else there.

Post race coverage is a complete joke on NBC just like last time there was a fight. How many replays do we need to see of the "fight" and interviews of the same two? No interviews of any other top ten except Byron and the combatives. WWE garbage. No Kez, Blaney, Harv, Kurt Busch, etc interview. So frustrating.

Of course you do, its your driver who's apart of it lol. But still, Joey moves people a lot, but hates when it happens to him.(he isn't the only one, Denny can sometimes be the same, as well as many other drivers.)

Dish it out, but be ready to take it also.
Different situation that's all I'm saying.
I know. The 11 didnt make a move that wrecked the leader.
Neither did the 22

All that was missing was Martin and the 19 bunch doing something like what Carl Edwards did when he won Darlington ("Carlington") just a few seasons ago. :D

Both Hamlin and Logano can be rather narcissistic and obtuse when it comes to assessing incidents they are involved in. Same goes for many others. The on track incident was completely Hamlin's fault, and I don't think it was smart to invite that drama into his season when he's been running so strong and was well positioned to advance to Homestead. Obviously there is carryover from the past on both sides.

Don't care about the tough guy theatrics at all. Agree that the Penske crew member who pulled Hamlin down from behind should be suspended for the rest of the season. They've gotta start drawing some lines before a driver gets hurt not by another driver, but by an overzealous team member. "Protecting your guy" doesn't mean assaulting the other guy.

Last edited:

What one for a win and the other isn’t? Still running into someone and try to claim it’s “racing.” But it isn’t racing when it happens to you. That’s what it boils down to. I got no problem really with what Joey did last year or Denny this year, but I mean be able to take it.

Post race coverage is a complete joke on NBC just like last time there was a fight. How many replays do we need to see of the "fight" and interviews of the same two? No interviews of any other top ten except Byron and the the combatives. WWE garbage. No Kez, Blaney, Harv, Kurt Busch, etc interview. So frustrating.
Least NBC does post race , FOX did one post race show this year and it was for a Truck Series race

There is still plenty of time for all those interviews, post race isnt over yet.

Your driver was innocent when it came to the on-track deal. I wasn't too upset over what he did last year to Martin because bump-and-runs have been around since the beginning of racing, and while not the cleanest move, it's better than a few other alternatives. This one was different from a pure and bump run, bye see ya later imma grab the checkers right quick type of deal. That was just getting crammed into the wall.

As for the off-track stuff though, man he needs to man up a little tbh.

What one for a win and the other isn’t? Still running into someone and try to claim it’s “racing.” But it isn’t racing when it happens to you. That’s what it boils down to. I got no problem really with what Joey did last year or Denny this year, but I mean be able to take it.
Im just saying that a bump n run for a win isn't the same as just driving someone into the wall for 5th.. I get that its racing.. **** happens.. but its not the same thing

Im just saying that a bump n run for a win isn't the same as just driving someone into the wall for 5th.. I get that its racing.. sh!t happens.. but its not the same thing

Only difference is where it’s at IMO. As long as you don’t completely turn someone around I got no problem with beating and banging. But I mean we just gotta agree to disagree.

Least NBC does post race , FOX did one post race show this year and it was for a Truck Series race

There is still plenty of time for all those interviews, post race isnt over yet.

I suppose, but its like a little girly brawl is the main attaction at these races anymore, besides the winner of course. Logano was wrong for touching Hamlin, but lets move on and not discuss it for a half hour.

Ha, right when I'm typing they interview Blaney.

I suppose, but its like a little girly brawl is the main attaction at these races anymore, besides the winner of course. Logano was wrong for touching Hamlin, but lets move on and not discuss it for a half hour.

Ha, right when I'm typing they interview Blaney.
I am not disagreeing with you, the fights get the attention, even if they are a girly brawls

I think Hamlin will get away with it unlike what he did to Elliott. Logano is still in the hunt. One thing I have never agreed with is the booth harping about everybody having to get out of the way for playoff cars like it is bad matters if they don't. That should be part of the cost to be the boss if you are a playoff car

I am not disagreeing with you, the fights get the attention, even if they are a girly brawls
Yea, I know. I just miss the old TNN and ESPN coverage without the over-the-top hype. Showing my age here.

I think Hamlin will get away with it unlike what he did to Elliott. Logano is still in the hunt. One thing I have never agreed with is the booth harping about everybody having to get out of the way for playoff cars like it is bad matters if they don't. That should be part of the cost to be the boss if you are a playoff car
What about what the 22 did to Truex? Guess that was ok right?

If you are gonna wreck someone like Joey did last year, dont expect any sympathy. He brought it on himself.
Are you dense? A bump and run for the win last year on Truex and he deserves to be slammed into the wall for 5th this year by Hamlin? Wow.. I cant.. I just.. cant

Glad to see loud mouth Todd Gordon get put on his ass. Im sure he will be able to explain on Sirius XM on Monday

Back
Top Bottom