Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville, Rd. 2

upload_2019-10-27_18-53-19.png

I don't think joey "shoved" hamlin...it looked more like a "ok. Buddy. Whatever **** you too" slap to the chest. Like we cant agree to disagree...and then things escalated. A shove would of been different. Heat of the moment. The 11 in the 22 was not clean but its martinsville and **** happens. O well move on. Funny thing is didnt laugh at denny's impression hes a dbag. A few years from now joey well turn from heel to face just like Darrell, dale, gordon, kyle etc.

What's up with these Penske drivers? Biggest aholes in the garage.

If you are gonna wreck someone like Joey did last year, dont expect any sympathy. He brought it on himself.

I agree with that, but I did not like the way Hamlin raced Elliott last year in that race so both started today with the same cred, imo (at least as a couple).

At this point I think what ever it takes to get people interested in Nascar racing is what is needed. Nascar use to be mainstream but it is getting further and further away from it every year. I use to could pull into any truck stop or sports bar on a Sun and watch the Nascar race when I was traveling. But I have not seen a Nascar race on tv in a truck stop for a few years now. Today I figured I would go to a local bar that I use to throw a few bucks into a Nascar pool and watch the race there on Sundays when I was in town. I got there just as the race was going to start and every tv was on football...no Nascar fans. So I went down to a new very large sports bar down the street and every tv was on football...so I went and picked up a pizza and came back home where it was nice and quiet.:D

Im not a Hamlin fan, far from it.Seems the 22 and the 11 got what they had comin

I am not big on Lagano either. I respect their talant they both are excellent drivers, I just am not a fan of either one.

Im just saying that a bump n run for a win isn't the same as just driving someone into the wall for 5th.. I get that its racing.. sh!t happens.. but its not the same thing

You are correct, but give it up. It’s the 22 and they can’t stand it because the 22 team and driver has as many titles or more than their guys so you’ll never get them to admit it’s not the same thing. Moronic to claim moving a guy in the last turn for a win is the same as getting walled with a tenth of the race to go but you will have that. They know the truth.

Whoever the fat ass crew member that comes flying in to yank take down Hamlin needs to get tossed for the rest of the season.

Yep, that was 100% uncalled for, he could of injured Hamlin, he should be parked the rest of reason maybe.

Racing incident. Joey thought he’d at least get an apology but it looked like Hamlin thought it was funny. JL should NOT have touched him, let alone the hard pat on the shoulder. Hamlin claiming he “ran” is comical as well. Joey and he both got all tough when the crew guys got involved. 98% of them are pusses, one afraid of the other and the other very happy about it. The only ones that will probably actually throw down are the Suarez’s and Smittley’s. The rest are complete divas. He’ll, BK openly admits he isn’t a fighter, he’s a racer.

At least Logano’s crew had his back instead of Daddy I guess... Logano essentially wrote the entire field a check last year with his actions and cavalier comments, then gets indignant when someone cashes it in. I took his side in the whole Kenseth thing. I’m really torn because he is the biggest middle finger to JGR out there with his success, but he’s really making it hard to sympathize... Joey set the rules of engagement, be it for fifth or the win. In his own words after Dover, every point matters. Right?

At least Logano’s crew had his back instead of Daddy I guess... Logano essentially wrote the entire field a check last year with his actions and cavalier comments, then gets indignant when someone cashes it in. It’s amazing how much a rather flukey title changed a driver that I sided with in the whole Kenseth thing into an arrogant douche. I’m really torn because he is the biggest middle finger to JGR out there with his success, but he’s really making it hard to sympathize... Joey set the rules of engagement, be it for fifth or the win. In his own words after Dover, every point matters. Right?

Well I don't think Joey's bunch got the raw end of the deal, I saw two purple figures on the ground. At least it wasn't as bad as Kyle's deal when he went Ramboish on Logano, and Denny got to mouth off afterwards.

Don’t really see indignant. Wish we could hear what was said between them. I think Joey was expecting a “I messed up, sorry about your race” but Denny was being a smartass and Joey got mad about that. Shouldn’t have touched him though. Shoulda just made the usual empty threat these guys do and walked away.

Almirola’s threat has me a little worried. While I do like the “Homestead Bowl” you do have a chance of a Kenseth moment where a guy wrecks you for past grievances or hits your car making you uncompetitive.

NASCAR has been lucky so far but wouldn’t be shocked if Kyle gets walled by the 10

Almirola’s threat has me a little worried. While I do like the “Homestead Bowl” you do have a chance of a Kenseth moment where a guy wrecks you for past grievances or hits your car making you uncompetitive.

NASCAR has been lucky so far but wouldn’t be shocked if Kyle gets walled by the 10

Board would explode

that would be the best off season ever !!!

Missed this...when did Aric make a threat? To who? And why?

I haven't read every post and I didn't watch the race, but am I the only one who remembers Joe wrecking the 11 several years back and saying " that's what you get" in post race, meanwhile hamlin was injured from the wreck.
I don't like either one, so I don't really care.

I will say after watching today the biggest problem I see is that we need a sturdier car. Too many tire rubs and what not made people not wanna make contact.

We all love how short tracks encourage the beating and bumping of yesteryear. However it seems the engineered aerodynamics play such a role that people would rather play it safe instead of risking damage.

While the cornering speeds being higher hurts passing chances at these places, I think we are kinda in a tough spot as these things are simply too well fine tuned anymore

I haven't read every post and I didn't watch the race, but am I the only one who remembers Joe wrecking the 11 several years back and saying " that's what you get" in post race, meanwhile hamlin was injured from the wreck.
I don't like either one, so I don't really care.
After the 11 wrecked him the race before in Joe’s first year with Penske in a car that could win. Then said something smart like he wasn’t worried about retribution because he only sees Joey when he’s lapping him. He sawJoe again that race racing for the win. They both wrecked and gave it to the 18I think?

Loo
After the 11 wrecked him the race before in Joe’s first year with Penske in a car that could win. Then said something smart like he wasn’t worried about retribution because he only sees Joey when he’s lapping him. He sawJoe again that race racing for the win. They both wrecked and gave it to the 18I think?

California it was in 2013 and Hamlin wrecked himself and kyle.

Logano is a punk.

Hamlin is and always will be a lil bitch.

Hamlin should have stomped a mud hole in his ass. Whoever the big dude who yanked hamlin down needs to be banned from the garage area. Uncalled for.

And that wasnt a fight that was... well idk what youd call it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Logano is a punk.

Hamlin is and always will be a lil bitch.

Hamlin should have stomped a mud hole in his ass. Whoever the big dude who yanked hamlin down needs to be banned from the garage area. Uncalled for.

And that wasnt a fight that was... well idk what youd call it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Dust up? Scuffle? Trifling?

Dust up? Scuffle? Trifling?
NASCAR paddy cakes? Which is what it’s always been. Been watching since 90 and every one of these tough guys is a badass when crew members are around to “hold them back”. Every one. Even “tough guys” Stewart and Harvick.

Im not a Hamlin fan, far from it.Seems the 22 and the 11 got what they had comin
After thinking about it some more I agree Logano crossed the line by touching Hamlin during their conversation.

Wall somebody, then give them the finger wag -- you might get patted on the shoulder. :rolleyes:

But let's be honest, Joey didn't hesitate -- that was Hamlin. He had to summon his "don't steal my purse" training to finally mount a charge after the physical insult, and just in time for others to "stop" him.

Shame all around, except for the hefty dude with the Olympic style hammer throw technique... :)

This is a tough one. I'm team Hamlin right now.

But Joey represents a mutual May 24th birthday. I'm flattered that they were fighting for me

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom