Cup RACE thread --- Martinsville

NBC, ABC, Fox, and CBS News is fixing to break into normal programing to discuss the Chastain move. Will have interviews of people describing the emotions they are experiencing and how this will inspire them to transform their own lives.

60 minutes currently doing a complete rewrite for tonight's 7pm broadcast.

I mean he said he’s embarrassed by his own attempt at it.

It was a sick move for sure and I can’t believe anyone actually had the balls to try it, but at the same time I don’t think I want to see playoff drivers start divebombing the **** out of the corner at every Martinsville cutoff race from now on either.
My guess is it only works 1 out of 100 or worse.

what about maliciously modifying the outcome of a race ? or driving a race car recklessly with total disregard for drivers or fans lives ? Sorry, that is not outsmarting anything and its not the point. Its a total and utter mockery ! any idiot could do that, point your car straight and push the gas, its just reckless by a young punk that has no respect for the sport.

I think Nascar will respond to this, i can't see how they won't... i used to think this sport took skill, apparently not.
Respond to it? They're already putting it in f&@*ing promos.

I mean he said he’s embarrassed by his own attempt at it.

It was a sick move for sure and I can’t believe anyone actually had the balls to try it, but at the same time I don’t think I want to see playoff drivers start divebombing the **** out of the corner at every Martinsville cutoff race from now on either.
Oh no. You’re gonna be attacked now for thinking differently!

Same. He did the same s%#* at darlington LAST YEAR. I cant bring myself to listen to anything that guy has to say anymore.
Did you watch this interview? He acknowledged that he did it at Darlington and said that he regrets it and wished he didn't do it.

Also, walling it, when the normal groove is against the wall, and running wide open to gain a few car lengths is very different than what Ross did here.

I disagree that it's embarrassing, and that either driver's move is regrettable, but Larson's comments aren't hypocritical in this context, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Did you watch this interview? He acknowledged that he did it at Darlington and said that he regrets it and wished he didn't do it.

Also, walling it, when the normal groove is against the wall, and running wide open to gain a few car lengths is very different than what Ross did here.

I disagree that it's embarrassing, and that either driver's move is regrettable, but Larson's comments aren't hypocritical in this context, imo.

So Larson did it, but he doesn't want anybody else doing it.

Although it was a spectacular move, I can't see it being done on a regular basis.
And that's not considering the potential disaster if goes wrong. There's just too much to lose to justify the action.

What did Ross POSSIBLY have to lose? It was checkers or wreckers. Ask Denny NOBODY cares who finishes fifth in the championship. 95 out of 100 times the speed and momentum will keep the car pinned to the wall and basically out of the groove and harm's way.

I understand why Larson said what he did. It's just not the best place to pull that move, especially not with everything that's gone on this year.

"I wish I'd thought of that first."
Exactly, and that is where the rub lies with the prima donna purest crowd.
Larson has done the move a million times on dirt. A little apple
and oranges (or watermelons) but you get the jest.

I understand why Larson said what he did. It's just not the best place to pull that move, especially not with everything that's gone on this year.
It's the slowest track NASCAR runs on. Seems the best possible place to me. Putting the car up against the wall with control and then nailing it is safer than getting sent into it.

It's the slowest track NASCAR runs on. Seems the best possible place to me. putting the car up against the wall with control and then nailing it is safer than getting sent into it.
But if he rear ends someone at that speed near or after the finish line you're potentially talking about another driver that can't race next week

But if he rear ends someone at that speed near or after the finish line you're potentially talking about another driver that can't race next week
EXACTLY THIS!

Yea, this time it didn’t happen. But you won’t always get that lucky. That’s the problem I fear. Like if you can 100% guarantee a wreck won’t ever happen from it, then it’s all cool.

EXACTLY THIS!

Yea, this time it didn’t happen. But you won’t always get that lucky. That’s the problem I fear. Like if you can 100% guarantee a wreck won’t ever happen from it, then it’s all cool.
Any time you try to pass a guy the odds of a wreck occurring go way up. We shouldn't pass people because you can't guarantee a wreck won't happen? 3 wide? Well, that's just way too dangerous. It's racing, not synchronized swimming.

Some of y'all make it sound like Hamlin and Kez were parked on the front stretch looking for birds. Watch the replay when he's closing on Kez. Cars making minimum speed at other tracks are approached with greater deltas than what we saw today.

Any time you try to pass a guy the odds of a wreck occurring go way up. We shouldn't pass people because you can't guarantee a wreck won't happen? 3 wide? Well, that's just way too dangerous. It's racing, not synchronized swimming.
Those are fair points. But when someone is way faster than someone, and rear ends them, that could be dangerous. I need to see how fast Brad was and Ross was when they made some contact (they did but barely) or the speeds right before the line where Ross actually slowed some. I just feel like it could’ve went horribly wrong, and glad it didn’t.

Do y’all actually want this every Martinsville race? The move is worth 2 seconds on the final lap. Will the leader do it to ensure he wins? It’s a can of worms here.

****** ridiculous that this happened.

Did anyone catch Chase Elliott's onboard of this? It was hysterical.

At the 0:05 mark, Ross pulls just past Denny, barely taps Kez, and doesn't advance past that point. I don't know how he could remain in that position relative to the other two if he didn't back off.

Back
Top Bottom