Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

Those numbers are constantly changing out of Jimmie’s favor.
This is a good point , I would say Kyle is approaching JJ’s numbers. Fast. It’s a shame though I don’t think he will win more than 3 championships though and it’s not his fault. It’s our WWE Game 7 moment title race/format’s fault.

Last thing on JJ, he never really had a title rival in my estimation. Hoping we get a KDB vs ol gun slinger JJ before it’s all over. That 10 race playoff would put asses in seats I think. Wish we woulda got Stewart vs JJ. I did enjoy 07 Gordon vs JJ, thought Gordon would take it.

Last thing on JJ, he never really had a title rival in my estimation. Hoping we get a KDB vs ol gun slinger JJ before it’s all over. That 10 race playoff would put asses in seats I think. Wish we woulda got Stewart vs JJ. I did enjoy 07 Gordon vs JJ, thought Gordon would take it.
JJ doesnt win several of his championships without the chase format reseting the points and allowing him to catch up. Thats another rabbit hole.

JJ doesnt win several of his championships without the chase format reseting the points and allowing him to catch up. Thats another rabbit hole.

Assuming he and the entire field would have strategized exactly the same knowing that every race position counted towards the championship.

This is a good point , I would say Kyle is approaching JJ’s numbers. Fast. It’s a shame though I don’t think he will win more than 3 championships though and it’s not his fault. It’s our WWE Game 7 moment title race/format’s fault.
JJ has had 10 seasons where he has won 5+ races.

Kyle Busch has had 3 so far.

His numbers are gonna need to take a big jump to reach JJ.

Tbh I miss the original chase. Top 10 drivers make it. Reset. Toss some bonus points for wins to emphasize that, there ya go.

I love posts after Kyle wins--especially after three in a row. We skip past the recent awesomeness--which is not arguable--in favor of all time great discussions which always will be.

Tbh I miss the original chase. Top 10 drivers make it. Reset. Toss some bonus points for wins to emphasize that, there ya go.
If we couldn’t go back to a full season points system, I don’t terribly hate your idea, it’s actually a great compromise.

Guy with 5th place car wins AGAIN !!
Absolute truth. Fans in search of "great racing" need to get on his scanner, and just take it in. You get this guy close, and all of a sudden, a fifth place car has confetti on it. TRD learned in 2016 to peak at the right time (you know @StandOnIt, Chase spec stuff). I am going to promise you that this car isn't what it will be. They are learning. Kyle is winning. When that car is no longer "close," but what he needs, he will be in Victory Lane at Homestead with the Monster Cup. Kyle is on an epic roll, and this is exactly why I pour my heart and soul into every weekend. Complete satisfaction. I was watching with my kid at college in his dorm room, and when he got to fifth, I said, "He doesn't have the car." My kid says, "Dad, this is Kyle Busch, he doesn't need the car." College tuition paying off already.
Yes sir !!! he is a top notch Rowdy Busch fan ................. I would love to see him at a race and buy him some sort of refreshment :booya:
Freaking Kyle !! I believe that boy is catching on to this racing stuff :booya:

Wouldn't that be awesome?! I'll take the second round! Kyle is pretty good for an Xfinity guy.

Absolute truth. Fans in search of "great racing" need to get on his scanner, and just take it in. You get this guy close, and all of a sudden, a fifth place car has confetti on it. TRD learned in 2016 to peak at the right time (you know @StandOnIt, Chase spec stuff). I am going to promise you that this car isn't what it will be. They are learning. Kyle is winning. When that car is no longer "close," but what he needs, he will be in Victory Lane at Homestead with the Monster Cup. Kyle is on an epic roll, and this is exactly why I pour my heart and soul into every weekend. Complete satisfaction. I was watching with my kid at college in his dorm room, and when he got to fifth, I said, "He doesn't have the car." My kid says, "Dad, this is Kyle Busch, he doesn't need the car." College tuition paying off already.

Yep ...... told the wife "Kyle hasn't got the car to get this done" :(

Where is everybody this morning? Isn't like it is a Sunday off after a Kyle win or anything is it? :D
Quick question: How many times will it take for Kevy to fail to close before Mike Joy quits referring to him as The Closer? It's getting very old.
<Adjusts M&M's cap>

Where is everybody this morning? Isn't like it is a Sunday off after a Kyle win or anything is it? :D
I just finished watching the race about 40 minutes ago
Quick question: How many times will it take for Kevy to fail to close before Mike Joy quits referring to him as The Closer? It's getting very old.
The bully requires a car that is the class of the field ......... Kyle Busch just needs something with wheels on it :D
Much thanks to the back marker gang for making a race out of it

I just finished watching the race about 40 minutes ago

The bully requires a car that is the class of the field ......... Kyle Busch just needs something with wheels on it :D
Much thanks to the back marker gang for making a race out of it
The only reason Harvick needs a car that fast is because his team consistently f***s him. The 18 team, driver, crew chief and car are all performing at a very high level. KDB is definitely the favorite for the lottery.

Assuming he and the entire field would have strategized exactly the same knowing that every race position counted towards the championship.
The strategy remains the same every week: try to gain as many spots as possible on track. Its racing.

The only reason Harvick needs a car that fast is because his team consistently f***s him. The 18 team, driver, crew chief and car are all performing at a very high level. KDB is definitely the favorite for the lottery.

With the current system and what it takes to actually win a championship, its anybody's game right now.Its hard to imagine but a driver can win EVERY race and lose it all at Homestead. Harvick has had years to get the team in line ........ I almost wonder if his guys just don't want to give him a hundred percent. He might just be an ***hole

With the current system and what it takes to actually win a championship, its anybody's game right now.Its hard to imagine but a driver can win EVERY race and lose it all at Homestead. Harvick has had years to get the team in line ........ I almost wonder if his guys just don't want to give him a hundred percent. He might just be an ***hole
Kyle is quick to throw his guys under the bus too though..... Harv might be an @sshole, but Kyle doesnt strike me as someone thats sunshine and rainbows to work for either. Im pretty sure I've seen or heard Kyle blame it on the crew if things dont go well just as quick as Harv does. I will say the 18 crew is better than the 4 guys. But I'll take Rodney every day of the week, I think hes the best in the game right now.
Just give me the Harvick vs KDB championship Playoff showdown already. The press conferences alone would be the worth admission, I want the Harv with swagger and mind games vs Pissy/Bad mood KDB. Give it to me, take my money already.

That's BS. My boy @StandOnIt could compile the results of a search documenting how many times KB supposedly lit his team up for poor performance. Available in Volume II would be how KB takes all of the credit when he wins, and none of the blame when he doesn't. Not included in this search would be what Kyle said immediately after the checker last night BTW. You know about Kevy because neither he nor Rodney hesitate to remind you. Don't believe the hype.

Yes he did!!! He is GREAT!!! And people in here did say he couldn’t win in cup! And I like how takes 5 place cars to 1st haha

Kyle is difficult for TRD to handle honestly. We hear very little of his feedback. I bet it isn't rosy all of the time. HOWEVER, TRD understands that Kyle gives them a large margin for error. Kyle Busch makes TRD better. I love this.

Yes he did!!! He is GREAT!!! And people in here did say he couldn’t win in cup! And I like how takes 5 place cars to 1st haha

I am a member of a closed to the public Kyle Busch fan club ....... I will PM you the details in the next day or so. No crap talking about Kyle or his family allowed ...... and no Harvick or JJ love to be seen. I have seen Kyle win in a 10th place car more than once ! you just never know what he might pull out of his hat

@kyle18fan dont you just see it all in here.. all the excuses!! Kyle this and Kyle that!! He throws people under the bus when he don’t win and take all credit when he does win! Haha I listen to his radio every week and Brigitte the race was over he said thank you pit crew you won this for me!!
I am a member of a closed to the public Kyle Busch fan club ....... I will PM you the details in the next day or so. No crap talking about Kyle or his family allowed ...... and no Harvick or JJ love to be seen. I have seen Kyle win in a 10th place car more than once ! you just never know what he might pull out of his hat
Cool!!!’

@kyle18fan dont you just see it all in here.. all the excuses!! Kyle this and Kyle that!! He throws people under the bus when he don’t win and take all credit when he does win! Haha I listen to his radio every week and Brigitte the race was over he said thank you pit crew you won this for me!!
Absolute truth right here.
Whoa! <Scratches to get in>

Which crown would be the best for the upcoming new king ?

a.jpg

aa.jpg

I like number 1
Whoa! <Scratches to get in>

I didn't forget you my buddy ! you know better

Kyle is quick to throw his guys under the bus too though..... Harv might be an @sshole, but Kyle doesnt strike me as someone thats sunshine and rainbows to work for either. Im pretty sure I've seen or heard Kyle blame it on the crew if things dont go well just as quick as Harv does. I will say the 18 crew is better than the 4 guys. But I'll take Rodney every day of the week, I think hes the best in the game right now.

Just give me the Harvick vs KDB championship Playoff showdown already. The press conferences alone would be the worth admission, I want the Harv with swagger and mind games vs Pissy/Bad mood KDB. Give it to me, take my money already.

No, Kevy is PC now with his radio show, and aspirations for television. You will be disappointed. Kyle is just Kyle. You will get whatever he choses to give you.

Kyle Busch is the new closer.

Kevin Harvick? His guys are finding new ways to throw it away. You think he may have a shot, then he doesn't. I think his new nickname oughtta be "The Retractor", because he comes close, and then goes back a few spots.

I didn't forget you my buddy ! you know better
Whew. :partytime
Kyle Busch is the new closer.
Kevin Harvick? His guys are finding new ways to throw it away. You think he may have a shot, then he doesn't. I think his new nickname oughtta be "The Retractor", because he comes close, and then goes back a few spots.
How about the Pucker. That's what his ass does every time he has to pit. Plus, if someone misunderstands what you said, that's not all bad. :D
Which crown would be the best for the upcoming new king ?

View attachment 34477

View attachment 34478

I like number 1
Choice 1. The jewels are bigger. Pun intended. :D

The strategy remains the same every week: try to gain as many spots as possible on track. Its racing.

How many time do you hear about teams “rolling the dice” because they’re “locked in”?

When points matter every week, settling for 10th can be better than going for the win on strategy that can lead to finishing 30th.

You don't suppose that after three weeks of brilliance, membership said, "**** it, let them have the board for a day, and hopefully it will die down by Monday!" do you?

Back
Top Bottom