Cup RACE thread --- Richmond

Here we go again
Rinse and Repeat.
Can u answer this for me since u like to be honest I see.. if JJ is so great how is Chase Elliott running better than him? I asked this question and got a billion and one answers favoring the so called goat
Why do you seek the answer to this question especially when you’ve heard different opinions on this? That’s what you’re failing to see, there’s no concrete answer as to why Chase is out running JJ, it’s not quantifiable
Can u answer this for me since u like to be honest I see.. if JJ is so great how is Chase Elliott running better than him? I asked this question and got a billion and one answers favoring the so called goat
I feel like you’re going to get 20 different answers to this question if you ask it 20 different times. Do you just want to hear “He’s washed up, time to retire?” IMO that’s wrong, he came back from almost two down today to finish in top 10 and last week had a top 5. He’s still competing at a high level and not giving up. But see that’s the catch, my opinion can’t be proven, it’s just words.

Why do you seek the answer to this question especially when you’ve heard different opinions on this? That’s what you’re failing to see, there’s no concrete answer as to why Chase is out running JJ, it’s not quantifiable
if he out running him doesn’t that mean he is better then him? Am I missing something ? This is the only sport u can be doing better than someone but not be better haha

You've gotten this answered many times but it appears you want a specific answer.

Nascar is a team sport. Teams struggle. If Kyle starts struggling, of course its on the car and the issues on the team.

When he wins, it's with a fast car and his talent shines. Same deal as JJ.

You've gotten this answered many times but it appears you want a specific answer.
Nascar is a team sport. Teams struggle. If Kyle starts struggling, of course its on the car and the issues on the team.
When he wins, it's with a fast car and his talent shines. Same deal as JJ.
Yes it could be a variety of reasons. JJ’s lost a teeny bit step, HMS is geared toward Chase as it’s #1 driver, 48 Team isn’t ELITE anymore, HMS and 48 trouble adjusting to new Camaro. Could be anything I’m not listing either.
Let's hope he doesn't get bit by the hokey playoff format. It would be a shame to have the best year, then get burned in the playoffs.
Would be a black eye for the sport really all for a WWE Game 7 moment.
if he out running him doesn’t that mean he is better then him? Am I missing something ? This is the only sport u can be doing better than someone but not be better haha
Let me ask you this when JJ started out running JG in oh let’s say 2005, how would you have answered that? When JJ was the MAN during his 5 titles and surpassed Gordon what would you say was happening?

JJ has never been a wheelman on Gordon’s level or Kyle’s for that matter. Jimmie had the fortune of being part of the best driver/crew chief/owner chemistry in the sport.
I’m not saying Jimmie isn’t a great driver, I just believe his accomplishments have many positive factors.
If you stick Jimmie in an IROC car I would bet on Kyle every time.
JMO.

JJ has never been a wheelman on Gordon’s level or Kyle’s for that matter. Jimmie had the fortune of being part of the best driver/crew chief/owner chemistry in the sport.
I’m not saying Jimmie isn’t a great driver, I just believe his accomplishments have many positive factors.
JMO.

Jeff thought Jimmie was talented and in his own words gave Jimmie the edge.

I think there are a few drivers in the same era that could’ve done what Jimmie did under exact circumstances.

I disagree. Relative to the compeitition season to season, the 78 in 2017, 4 in 2015 had more speed than Jimmie ever did. He was never the fastest car every week. Ever. He also won more races with 5th place or worse cars than anyone else I have ever seen.

I can't believe he still doesn't get the credit for being the driver he is. He's a Tom Brady kind of winner too

I disagree. Relative to the compeitition season to season, the 78 in 2017, 4 in 2015 had more speed than Jimmie ever did. He was never the fastest car every week. Ever. He also won more races with 5th place or worse cars than anyone else I have ever seen.

I can't believe he still doesn't get the credit for being the driver he is. He's a Tom Brady kind of winner too
No. There’s a reason many don’t give him the credit.

I get what you are saying, but how the hell do you measure this? I even hate it when people refer to KB as the most talented driver in the field. Does it even matter?
Three wins in a row for Toyota, AWESOME!!

JMO.
And this is the ANSWER I been looking for!! Lol thank you thank you thank you!! It’s clear as day that dude accomplished so much from his crew chief lol.. Thanku so much.. .. people act like it’s all JJ haha if it was all him.. he wouldn’t be going what he gojnb throhgh now.. he not even a factor lol.. chase Elliot runs better then the legend lol..
Jeff thought Jimmie was talented and in his own words gave Jimmie the edge.
Just being humble that’s all.. he knew it was his damn crew chief smh.. everybody does lol
CAN WE PLEASE STOP THIS JJ TALK!! Dude hasn’t been GOOD in YEARS!!! Every week he back this his week lol.. know he chad isn’t back so JJ will be in THE BACK!!! :XXROFL:

Last edited by a moderator:
And this is the ANSWER I been looking for!! Lol thank you thank you thank you!! It’s clear as day that dude accomplished so much from his crew chief lol.. Thanku so much. .. people act like it’s all JJ haha if it was all him.. he wouldn’t be going what he gojnb throhgh now.. he not even a factor lol.. chase Elliot runs better then the legend lol..
I’m not buying this. At all.

Using your own logic, who is better?

FoWg8MC.png

The broadcasters mentioned during the race that Kyle Busch is the fifth youngest driver to 45 wins. He's gonna be knocking the door on the top 5 drivers of all time if he keeps that torrid pace.

FWIW, my top 5 is:

Petty
Pearson
Earnhardt
Johnson
Gordon

I don't think he surpasses Johnson, but he could very well surpass Jeff Gordon, who as we all know, peaked very early in his career.

but he could very well surpass Jeff Gordon,
He may, but he's got a helluva lot of work to do in a short period of time. 4 cups to 1 (with an asterisk), 93 wins to 46, 325 top 5s to 168, 477 top 10s to 249, 81 poles to 29. Also Jeff Gordon's name is all over the record books. We'll see though, time will tell.

I think drivers like Stewart, Martin, Kenseth, Edwards...and the Busch brothers....have more raw ability than JJ.
I'm not sure how you'd gauge that at all, there are so many skills that could qualify as "raw ability". Is it just turning the wheel and making your car faster in the turn than others? If so then that's just as important as leadership/keeping your team motivated, giving good and meaningful feedback that the CC understands, consistency, staying calm, endurance, strategy execution (saving fuel, tires), focus, planning out passes, etc., the list goes on and on. Why focus on just one of many skills that makes a driver better than his opponents.

The goal is to win races and titles, there are more factors that increase or decrease a driver's chances of achieving those goals than "raw ability". Saying a handful of drivers could do what Jimmie did is flat out disrespectful. Not only because Jimmie has more "raw ability" than you give him credit for, but he has the total package a racer needs.

What many fail to realize for whatever reason is that great drivers can't achieve great things without great crews, and vice versa. A great crew chief is nothing without a great driver that can go out and execute, and describe how the car feels and what needs improved. Having a great crew chief and a good "set of circumstances" shouldn't knock down any driver's achievements, and having what is assumed to be lesser crews doesn't excuse finishing behind a team that has the presumed advantage in that regard.

Perusing around the Googleweb brought up a lot of names.
Stewart is known for being able to win in many different types of racing but how about that A.J. Foyt guy? :)

I'm not sure how you'd gauge that at all, there are so many skills that could qualify as "raw ability". Is it just turning the wheel and making your car faster in the turn than others? If so then that's just as important as leadership/keeping your team motivated, giving good and meaningful feedback that the CC understands, consistency, staying calm, endurance, strategy execution (saving fuel, tires), focus, planning out passes, etc., the list goes on and on. Why focus on just one of many skills that makes a driver better than his opponents.

The goal is to win races and titles, there are more factors that increase or decrease a driver's chances of achieving those goals than "raw ability". Saying a handful of drivers could do what Jimmie did is flat out disrespectful. Not only because Jimmie has more "raw ability" than you give him credit for, but he has the total package a racer needs.

What many fail to realize for whatever reason is that great drivers can't achieve great things without great crews, and vice versa. A great crew chief is nothing without a great driver that can go out and execute, and describe how the car feels and what needs improved. Having a great crew chief and a good "set of circumstances" shouldn't knock down any driver's achievements, and having what is assumed to be lesser crews doesn't excuse finishing behind a team that has the presumed advantage in that regard.
Disrespectful???
:XXROFL:

I’m not buying this. At all.

"This is the response I was looking for!"

He will only accept an answer that validates his JJ is overrated stance.

He's troll. JJ's success is on Chad, Kyle's is on Kyle. It's jealousy thing. I just blocked him. Tired of seeing his uninformed posts here lol

He's troll. JJ's success is on Chad, Kyle's is on Kyle. It's jealousy thing. I just blocked him. Tired of seeing his uninformed posts here lol
Thank you. Have a nice day lol

Last edited:

Uninformed is a nice way to describe it. Personally I think it’s the alcohol talking.

Back
Top Bottom