Cup RACE thread ---- Watkins Glen

You just can’t pass in this piece of ****.
I’m still enjoying this race, but I think if you want to induce more passing here you need to introduce track limits. I know that’s a dirty phrase to utter in stock car world, but 6’ of turf or something on corner exit would force drivers to tighten up their line on exit and lengthen braking zones on entry. With paved runoff you can just carry so much more speed around the whole track.

I’m still enjoying this race, but I think if you want to induce more passing here you need to introduce track limits. I know that’s a dirty phrase to utter in stock car world, but 6’ of turf or something on corner exit would force drivers to tighten up their line on exit and lengthen braking zones on entry. With paved runoff you can just carry so much more speed around the whole track.
Not turf. Can we agree on gravel?

Course limits would help, look at Chicago.

Need more horsepower too. This car is too much about keeping momentum up.

You can only be so good, but one mistake hurts you for a whole lap here.

That’s part of why Byron is the GOAT in this car. He’s a smooth, mistake-free driver.

Course limits would help, look at Chicago.

Need more horsepower too. This car is too much about keeping momentum up.

You can only be so good, but one mistake hurts you for a whole lap here.

That’s part of why Byron is the GOAT in this car. He’s a smooth, mistake-free driver.

He reminds me of Mark Martin, at least in terms of being a smooth, consistent. driver. You don't see Byron make dumb mistakes or put himself into unnecessarily dangerous situations.

He reminds me of Mark Martin, at least in terms of being a smooth, consistent. driver. You don't see Byron make dumb mistakes or put himself into unnecessarily dangerous situations.
I think the iracing stuff helps, and this car was built for drivers like him.

Plus, he is one of the most naturally talented drivers ever. He stepped into Legends cars and became ungodly quick.

Tony has NHRA and SRX while Gene has F1. SHR is being left out to dry. These's no excuse for this year's performance.
I have to ask, how does Stewart and Hass having outside interests hurt them? They hired some of the best of the best to run the show, money is no object so I'm more inclined to believe its Ford that has the problem. Roger Penske has more irons in the fire then you can shake a stick at, why is that different?

I have to ask, how does Stewart and Hass having outside interests hurt them? They hired some of the best of the best to run the show, money is no object so I'm more inclined to believe its Ford that has the problem. Roger Penske has more irons in the fire then you can shake a stick at, why is that different?

Penske is also the exception, not the norm. Having championship teams in multiple disciplines is a remarkable achievement. Penske runs a world class organization with top notch people.

The decline in SHR's fortunes seem to correlate with their owners getting more involved with other interests. I don't know why it's happening but neither owner seems interested in fixing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom