Dale Earnhardt Jr.

I think another thing that rubbed some fans the wrong way is that Jr made it sound like he'd be back racing after this season - even in a Cup car.

Then a few weeks later his wife comes out & says "nah".

It makes it sound like shes pulling him away. Although as a worried wife, she has every right.

It was a bad idea for her to even respond IMO. Its a trap. Earnhardt fans have already had enough of one over demanding female Earnhardt.

I think another thing that rubbed some fans the wrong way is that Jr made it sound like he'd be back racing after this season - even in a Cup car.

Then a few weeks later his wife comes out & says "nah".

It makes it sound like shes pulling him away. Although as a worried wife, she has every right.

It was a bad idea for her to even respond IMO. Its a trap.
Just the idea that his fans have the attitude that he owes them something...I've never gotten that about being a fan. Someone you cheer for owes you NOTHING, you as a fan made the decision to support particular individual or team. If the guy wants to walk away and is also getting a little pressure from a loved one to stop then so be it. She's the one that has to live with him if he gets hurt again and can't remember his name at 50 years old, not us. It's good enough he got back in the car this year and I'm happy with that.

Just the idea that his fans have the attitude that he owes them something...I've never gotten that about being a fan. Someone you cheer for owes you NOTHING, you as a fan made the decision to support particular individual or team. If the guy wants to walk away and is also getting a little pressure from a loved one to stop then so be it. She's the one that has to live with him if he gets hurt again and can't remember his name at 50 years old, not us. It's good enough he got back in the car this year and I'm happy with that.
She probably prefers to envision a future in which she's not required to wipe drool off his chin every 10 minutes.

I applaud Amy for saying that her self. A football coach told us on the first day of practice one year that there's more to life than football and much more things that are more important. The same applies for racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that if you go public with private conversations, you get public responses. Had Jr. simply said, "No," his fans would have not been happy, but they would have accepted it. A statement was made. Responses to that statement reflect our world. Nothing less should have been expected IMO.

As others have mentioned, the only reason that Dale Jr. is even racing this season, is to fulfill his commitment to Rick Hendrick. A man to which he owes a great debt both on and off the race track. That, and being able to go out on his own terms. He didn't want the end of his career being dictated by health. He likely should've called it quits after his injuries last year. But he was willing to give it one last go to try to finish on a positive note. For both him, and his fans.

Dale owes nobody anything. He's had a great career. He's carried his father's name well. He's taken a damn near impossible situation and ran with it for almost 2 decades now. Most importantly, he has figured out how to live with being the son of a legend, while being his own man. He's content.

If Junior shows up at the race track next season, great. If not, I hope he enjoys the rest of his life. If I was Amy, I probably wouldn't have put those comments on social media. That said, much respect for her being willing to be upfront. Those that are blasting her for being the concerned wife of a driver need to get a life.

I wonder what Xfinity races he will run next year, he said up to 5. It'd be cool if he ran at places he hasnt ran since he drove the AC Delco Car such as Gateway or not even have run at at all like Mid Ohio , Iowa, or Road America.

As others have mentioned, the only reason that Dale Jr. is even racing this season, is to fulfill his commitment to Rick Hendrick. A man to which he owes a great debt both on and off the race track. That, and being able to go out on his own terms. He didn't want the end of his career being dictated by health. He likely should've called it quits after his injuries last year. But he was willing to give it one last go to try to finish on a positive note. For both him, and his fans.

Dale owes nobody anything. He's had a great career. He's carried his father's name well. He's taken a damn near impossible situation and ran with it for almost 2 decades now. Most importantly, he has figured out how to live with being the son of a legend, while being his own man. He's content.

If Junior shows up at the race track next season, great. If not, I hope he enjoys the rest of his life. If I was Amy, I probably wouldn't have put those comments on social media. That said, much respect for her being willing to be upfront. Those that are blasting her for being the concerned wife of a driver need to get a life.

Great post. I have tremendous respect for Jr. Dude is happy. In this world, at this time, that is the only trophy he needs.

It be cool if Jr ran some Cup races next season, but if not that's cool also.

Since the only time next year I'll for sure see him race is some Xfinity races, I'll cheer for him. I mean he won't even technically be a Cup driver

Kudos to Amy for steering Jr. in the correct direction...... I know this has been a hard decision for him but I think the extra push from her maybe will lead him in the correct path.

He is a lucky man to have met her.... and made a very wise decision to have waited so long.

She is worried about his well being....

Dale Earnhardt Jr. deflects blame from crew chief, tries to calm down fans after crash Sunday

Dale Earnhardt Jr. knows his crew chief has a great job when Earnhardt has success and a job filled with scrutiny when Earnhardt struggles.

Earnhardt tried to calm down his fan base's ire Sunday after a crash dropped him to 22nd in the NASCAR Cup standings. Some fans blamed crew chief Greg Ives for having him pit, which put him near the rear of the field and more susceptible to having trouble on the restart. He ran into the back of Trevor Bayne, which damaged his radiator and ended his day.

That night, Earnhardt tweeted "For folks talkin down on @Ives_Greg, yall need to shut THAT [s---] down. He never gave up on me. We're a tight group and will finish together."

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...w-chief-crash-drops-22nd-nascar-cup-standings

DFow91nXsAAfb41.jpg:large

Dale Earnhardt Jr. deflects blame from crew chief, tries to calm down fans after crash Sunday

Dale Earnhardt Jr. knows his crew chief has a great job when Earnhardt has success and a job filled with scrutiny when Earnhardt struggles.

Earnhardt tried to calm down his fan base's ire Sunday after a crash dropped him to 22nd in the NASCAR Cup standings. Some fans blamed crew chief Greg Ives for having him pit, which put him near the rear of the field and more susceptible to having trouble on the restart. He ran into the back of Trevor Bayne, which damaged his radiator and ended his day.

That night, Earnhardt tweeted "For folks talkin down on @Ives_Greg, yall need to shut THAT [s---] down. He never gave up on me. We're a tight group and will finish together."

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...w-chief-crash-drops-22nd-nascar-cup-standings

I haven't been impressed with the 88 team as a whole, but when you have a concussion that screws with you mentally, it's kinda hard to get the momentum back when you're a driver that feeds of good momentum. Junior fans should be lucky he's even racing this season imo.

I like Dale Jr. Think he seems to be a pretty good guy. But in truth, he should have retired last year. I see it more and more. The guy just doesnt want to be in that race car. Not sure if the concussion scared him, or if it is the marriage, but he just seems to have little enthusiasm. He hasn't had much all year. Now I understand it is hard to have a lot of enthusiasm with the crap cars they have given him lately, but i have a sneaky feeling that may have more to do with Jr than it does with the cars. Not sure he really cares if he gets in the chase or not. Think he just wants this whole deal to be over.

I appreciate the hell out of a guy that gets back in a car after multiple concussions, says a lot about what he does for the fans, but there will always be those people who bitch and complain about him not winning a title or not living up to daddy's expectations.

Plus Dale has always been a driver that has to get momentum and confidence up. Missing 18 races kills your confidence.

I appreciate the hell out of a guy that gets back in a car after multiple concussions, says a lot about what he does for the fans, but there will always be those people who bitch and complain about him not winning a title or not living up to daddy's expectations.

Plus Dale has always been a driver that has to get momentum and confidence up. Missing 18 races kills your confidence.

Well if they would him his Nationwide car maybe things would change that car he has been driving they cannot seem to get it fixed right I know that Jr is upset that all that happens every week is DNFs that is be coming old hat also he says that the crew are working hard I wonder if Mr Hendrick could put some fire in to those guys I see that other owners are putting guys in other job also have though about the spondors might start putting their money if smething does nor happen.

While this year hasn't gone the way I would have liked,I'm glad he came back and went out on his terms.I am more proud of the way he has handled the adversity he has gone through this year.I can't imagine some of today's drivers handling it the same way,it would be a meltdown every race.I believe Dale Sr. would be very proud of his son,I know I would.

Thank you Amy Earnhardt for caring so much. Junior threw her under the bus when he said it was up to her. She handled the challenge quite well. No response would have been pouty IMO.

If it had been the other Earnhardt woman (hint: Teresa) she would have pushed him to keep racing.

See the difference?

ewww that's a nice one, vintage too. gently used, low miles, only raced once. Comes pre rusted. bonus

Danica's cars must be the overwhelming majority in DEJR's graveyard.

Back
Top Bottom