dale jr download

ya think being in his 80's might have a little to do with it? Personally what I thought about the clip was Jr going on and on about some bricks in the creek when there were plenty of other more important things to talk about than Jr.

ya think being in his 80's might have a little to do with it? Personally what I thought about the clip was Jr going on and on about some bricks in the creek when there were plenty of other more important things to talk about than Jr.

Yeah definitely, that's probably correct. Still funny as there is a ton of speculation floating about regarding the relationship anyways.

That is the one problem with that pod. All these awesome guests and it's usually nothing more than a 40 minute chat.

I highly recommend listening to the complete podcasts from one of the podcast platforms. It seems like a lot of the show is left on the cutting room floor to make the tv show

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I highly recommend listening to the complete podcasts from one of the podcast platforms. It seems like a lot of the show is left on the cutting room floor to make the tv show

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I listen on Castbox. Him and that Mike Davis dude bs for half the show and the other half is saved for ad-reads, the intro of the guest, and the guest themself.

there were 3.1 million bricks that made the race track, on each brick it says culver block pat. may 21 1901.i think its 01,hard to read,i have one and its my favorite collectable.you can see the rubber on the top of it.

Yeah definitely, that's probably correct. Still funny as there is a ton of speculation floating about regarding the relationship anyways.

That is the one problem with that pod. All these awesome guests and it's usually nothing more than a 40 minute chat.
do you want them to play checkers,sorry

do you want them to play checkers,sorry
eh I see his point, usually his guests revolve around his dad and racing history/stories and that is what he apparently wants to do and I have really liked those. But when you have Rodger Penske on, I would think you would have more to talk about but bricks in the creek. I mean he brought it up once and that's cool, but he brought it up again and again and IMO wasted time with a really important guest. I mean like Roger what do you think will be the future of racing, or indy racing or racing in general?

there were 3.1 million bricks that made the race track, on each brick it says culver block pat. may 21 1901.i think its 01,hard to read,i have one and its my favorite collectable.you can see the rubber on the top of it.
IMG_20200416_132056.jpg
IMG_20200416_132056.jpg

I just listened to the James Finch one, early contender for my favorite of the year. Was a lot more interesting than I thought it’d be, I didn’t know much about James. Fun 40 or so minutes.

Well, I for one learned a lot about Roger's history and from Roger himself, which made it special, Roger is a hell of a business man for sure. Thought it was a great show.

I like the way they basically bullsh*t about things and kind of float around on topics. I caught the Rusty/Brad thing also, never thought a thing about it. My guess is Brad caught it though.

Well, I for one learned a lot about Roger's history and from Roger himself, which made it special, Roger is a hell of a business man for sure. Thought it was a great show.

I like the way they basically bullsh*t about things and kind of float around on topics. I caught the Rusty/Brad thing also, never thought a thing about it. My guess is Brad caught it though.
yeah I found the long stream, that was more like it. Jr was asking the good stuff.

They B.S. for about 10 minutes before Penske comes on. I skipped over the bricks in the creek part, been there done that, ;)

JR said today that the plan (pre-Covid) was to have him come join Mike and Jeff in the booth at Sonoma for FOX's final race of the year as a way of passing the torch to NBC for the rest of the season. Not sure why they still couldn't have him in studio for whatever their final event is now but he says hopefully they'll be able to do it next year. Thought that would've been pretty cool.

Last edited:
Yes, Mark Martin has amazing stories about him and Dale Sr, and I enjoyed the little tid bits Mark mentioned between him and rusty wallace about their setups... Those ASA competitors developed, and kept a lot of respect for one another all through their careers.

Missed the show but have been told that there was a clip of Martin being interviewed by track announcer Wayne Adams @ Raceway Park in Blue Island IL. Wayne is now 101 or 102 YO & still resides @ his residence in
Dolton IL. Dolton named the street Wayne lives on Wayne Adams Way for his 100th birthday celebration.

The back story: The Martin interview took place during the prelims of a ARTGO twin 75's show on Raceway's 1/4 mile bull ring. A number of notables @ that event, Trickle, Jim Sauter & many of the Wisconsin gang along with Ed Howe who brought a track official to my car & protested the body mods = loss of my business to Howe Racing.

Do not recall who won the 1st 75 Martin won the 2nd one. IIRC I ran 4th & 5th. I have it all on VHS tape somewhere.

Here's the interview:

@Churchkey , great story, you have anymore good ones to share here. We love to hear from folks that have been there done that. :booya:

Thanks but other than running with some of the guys before they went to NASCAR there is not much to tell on the Cup side I'm a short track guy. I helped Bobby Dotter win 2 short track championships before he joined NASCAR that's about it. Gray Gaulding currently shoes Bobby's ride in Xfinity.
Take care

Reactions: sdj
It was interesting to hear how he had benefactors helping him with cars and equipment and when he had to start over after being successful the benefactor system was over. I didn't know that he figured out how to setup a car better than others and was setting track records. I was surprised when he said he would tell people his setup to anyone who asked (he felt honored they would ask). I'm looking forward to the second half of his interview.

Having Martin on this podcast was incredible.

I’m not sure why they chopped his interview up into two shows tbh... felt like part 2 wasn’t very much.

amazing stories mark has in general though.

loved the first half of the Dale Jr download interviewing James Hincliffe... phenomenal interview!

Wasn’t really impressed with Jeff Dickerson of Spire. I don’t know... I guess I’m just not a fanatic of what’s happening with that team and listening to Dickerson really did nothing good for my impressions.

Only just started and it's already getting juicy. 30 minutes in and he already called Teresa paranoid

I miss DEI
Totally sucks how Ty got caught up in the bullcrap. He is an awesome guy and didnt deserve what happened to him.

The episode with Kerry was great. Really looking forward to the Ty Norris as well, and the following weeks (Ward Burton and Jimmy Spencer)
What a few weeks, that’s a muderers row there. Petree for two, Kerry, Ty Norris, Ward then Spencer. Can’t wait

Back
Top Bottom