dale jr download

I could tell some Jimmy stories lol
R.71e3ba77206753b20d79cf08189976b2

I caught the Rick Mears episode and he talked about some tings I found interesting.

He mentioned that the great drivers from his era were successful because they didn't exceed the limits of the car - it was a self preservation deal. When he started Indycar they had wings on the cars, he was against more down force; he felt the added down force took away one of his tools. He talked about the tools of racing, not the car adjustment tools but the tools of the driver. For example; you do a thousand shifts during a road race, if he missed 3 shifts and his competitor missed 10, he had an advantage. He liked the bumps in the track, he felt that if a track removed a bump it took a tool away from him, he felt if he could negotiate the bump better than his competition he had an advantage.

He thinks Indycar has gotten better with reduced down force. He mentioned that the teams have the same building blocks (chassis, engine, etc.), the bigger teams have more experience putting those components together but the smaller teams use the same components and be competitive.

When teams started putting incentives in their driver contracts, Mears asked Penske to remove them. He was successful driving the way he did, incentives might cause him to change the way he drove.
Im listening to the Rick Mears episode now, it’s like listening to a professor that’s been at the top of his field at one time teach a Master’s Course. Real cool for Rick to detail what made him successful.

Doug Yates has a similar story to Jr, a famous father and earning your own way. A lot of the stories were about his father Robert Yates and the drivers Davy Allison, Ernie Irvan, and Dale Jarret. I didn't know Robert's team tried to hire Dale's dad but in those days you can't hire THE Chevy guy to drive a Ford. It was interesting the hear how engine development happened under his father. Being an engine builder is pretty different from other racing specialties. Doug went to college but I don't know what he studied, he seems to be an engineer and has business sense. He started sweeping the floors and worked his way up.

The alliance between Roush & Yates was interesting because Jack & Robert didn't like each other, it was Doug who made it work. Doug mentioned how he feels when a customer's engine he made fails.

If they're honest, it will be epic
If they actually bring up the drug situation but I can see them beating around the bush. Just like the Jimmy Spencer interview where Jr said he was upset about the comments following his win in daytona, yet they barely even brought it up.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If they actually bring up the drug situation but I can see them beating around the bush. Just like the Jimmy Spencer interview where Jr said he was upset about the comments following his win in daytona, yet they barely even brought it up.

My hope would be that Jeremy is headstrong and dumb enough to bring it up himself. If they get into NASCAR framing and blacklisting him, it'll put Jr into a really sticky spot given he's now a mouthpiece for the sanctioning body.

Instead, you know they'll spend 30 minutes on Jeremy moving Sr at Pocono and skirt the obvious.

My hope would be that Jeremy is headstrong and dumb enough to bring it up himself. If they get into NASCAR framing and blacklisting him, it'll put Jr into a really sticky spot given he's now a mouthpiece for the sanctioning body.

Instead, you know they'll spend 30 minutes on Jeremy moving Sr at Pocono and skirt the obvious.
He should just ask him straight up, before it hit the news everyone in the garage new he had a problem and that's why it got addressed. Self policing at its finest.

Well Mike Davis asked some hard questions but Jr soft balled everything but in the end Jeremy did nothing to help his case. It was all a conspiracy because he pissed off Brian France. Police planted the meth in his safe, he was unaware he was buying stolen goods etc...

It sounds believable that Jeremy pushed back against the suspension and nascar made life hell for him, for a judge to lift his suspension nascar would have been made out to look like fools. The search warrant is pretty damning though. Only he knows the truth. It’s been a long time since I listened to a podcast beginning to end without listening here and there but I listened to it nonstop. Very entertaining interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds believable that Jeremy pushed back against the suspension and nascar made life hell for him, for a judge to lift his suspension nascar would have been made out to look like fools. The search warrant is pretty damning though. Only he knows the truth. It’s been a long time since I listened to a podcast beginning to end without listening here and there but I listened to it nonstop. Very entertaining interview.

He sounded convincing at the beginning but when they started questioning him about the raids at his house and missing a drug test he fell apart, he contradicted himself several times. A prosecutor would have eaten him alive.

Anytime someone is stripping copper for a living it deff sounds sketch.

Not to a meth addict. A recovering Meth addict would have no problem admitting their wrong doing. Lying and alibiing seems to be in Mayfield's nature.

I dont really care to hear for the Mayfield episode I might skip ahead to when he inevitably talks about the bump n run on Dale Sr at Pocono. I am about to start the Hamlin one, I have a feeling I might owe him an apology for making fun of him as an elder statesmen of the sport, seems that episode got really good reviews. The Rick Mears one I just finished is tied with Ricky Carmichael as my fav of the season so far.

Well now that the joke answer is out the way. Since you know, he actually did the NASCAR one first before going to do the one he passed.
It's no joke answer, it happens all of the time. I've had a number of U.A.s and some places it would be easy to do, others they wouldn't even let me touch the pee cup until they handed it to me and I had to leave the door open while they watched me pee. I would imagine Nascar's was the latter. He could have cleaned up for the second test, Meth is out of the system pretty quickly or smuggle the clean pee in the cup.

It's no joke answer, it happens all of the time. I've had a number of U.A.s and some places it would be easy to do, others they wouldn't even let me touch the pee cup until they handed it to me and I had to leave the door open while they watched me pee. I would imagine Nascar's was the latter. He could have cleaned up for the second test, Meth is out of the system pretty quickly or smuggle the clean pee in the cup.
He went right after….like I’m just saying it’s odd as **** to take two test the same day, one says he’s on something, the other doesn’t. Like, really fishy.

He went right after….like I’m just saying it’s odd as **** to take two test the same day, one says he’s on something, the other doesn’t. Like, really fishy.
If he has proof as he says, that on the same day nascar took his sample he tested negative then this is huge.

To me this just sounded like the whole world is against me and I did nothing wrong. There's no doubt that he's pissed off some people but the amount of people that would have to involved in the conspiracy that he's claiming is astronomical. Heck he even claims his own attorney was against him. If that was the case someone would have let something slip. To me this is like the Netflix series "Making a Murderer". Yeah when you only hear one side of the story without any questioning its pretty easy to make anything sound believable.

His second test was by Labcorp, they dont sit and watch you pee. It was unsupervised. He requested it so they have no reason to watch him.

His second test was by Labcorp, they dont sit and watch you pee. It was unsupervised. He requested it so they have no reason to watch him.
It’s my understanding however, these pee test can detect things like this. But hey, maybe not.

You mentioned earlier people in the garage knew he was on something, why did Jr and Mike Davis seem to believe him? Maybe Mike wasn’t around then, but Jr was. So wouldn’t he have known?

It’s my understanding however, these pee test can detect things like this. But hey, maybe not.

You mentioned earlier people in the garage knew he was on something, why did Jr and Mike Davis seem to believe him? Maybe Mike wasn’t around then, but Jr was. So wouldn’t he have known?
By not challenging him they were able to keep him talking.

That said, after listening I'm no more inclined to believe him than I was before.

Mike certainly was around. Only thing I can think of is they didnt want to be straight up confrontational.

To add to this: I haven't listened to the podcast, but I'm curious.

I've interviewed Jeremy a few times and had a few other interactions with him and he's never seemed detached from reality, and certainly not on the level NASCAR's said. The stories have never added up.

Not to mention, the whole Evernham affair dramatically altered the trajectory of Scott Riggs' once promising career too. It all circles back to that.

Just finished the 2nd part of the Jeremy interview and all I can say is he doesn't play dumb very well. Heck it was so bad Dale even called him out on it.

Just finished the 2nd part of the Jeremy interview and all I can say is he doesn't play dumb very well. Heck it was so bad Dale even called him out on it.

Was the Dale Earnhardt/Pocono stuff worth listening to?

I don’t know. I’m not gonna say he was or wasn’t on anything. Stuff from both sides make sense to me and some doesn’t.
I think he's innocent... I wouldn't put anything past Brian France.
Only Jeremy Mayfield and NASCAR know.

LMAO. I love the peeps spouting conspiracy theories, totally without evidence, and without consideration to the large number of Nascar people and non-Nascar people that would have to keep that secret all these years (despite many having no continuing incentive for long-term secrecy).

Myself, I feel sure Mayfield was screwed over by Jewish Space Lasers... :moon:

Back
Top Bottom