Darlington RACE thread ! ! !

This is one of my biggest pet peeves in every form of pavement racing lately, lapped cars. They don't even try to give leaders a lane anymore.
Lapped cars are apart of NASCAR. Gotta deal with it. It’s the leader’s job to find a way to get around them with the faster car. The lapped car has every right to race to stay on the lead lap. Jimmie just **** the bed there.

Gotta feel bad there for Jimmie Johnson Good news is they can bring that setup back on Wednesday

Yall have lost your minds. All of HMS is in the top 7 and Chase is knocking on the door for 6th.

Alan is one of the best CCs in the garage when it comes to unloading with speed. Strategy, not so much. Any #9 fan would be crazy to want him gone. Who would replace him?
Never blamed Alan. Just saying they were “goers” when other 3 HMS cars were coming forward. Doesn’t matter now, Chase sped on pit road.

Damn, you never know in racing what is going to happen. Gordon is being kind, but looks like Johnson lost the front end to me.
Buescher backed off a lot, then it was like a bowling ball type of deal. JJ hit Buescher in the left rear, Buescher bounced off of the wall and hits JJ.

Racing deal, but JJ should have been more patient IMO.

Looks like jimmie slowed down to give the 17 some space then mashed the gas pedal back up. Probably thought the 17 was going to be nicer.

When in doubt, take the easy route with lappers.

Average finish in 2018 - 17.0
Average finish in 2019 - 14.4

Fifth race of the year and he's, far and away, having a career year. He could lead more laps in five races by the end of today than he'd led in any prior season.
This is exactly why I don't put a lot of credit into numbers. People tend to put so much interest into the numbers that they don't actually see why that number came to light. There are so many other things besides the drivers driving ability that can change that number dramatically. Bowman is a good example of being a better driver then his numbers show imo.

Buescher backed off a lot, then it was like a bowling ball type of deal. JJ hit Buescher in the left rear, Buescher bounced off of the wall and hits JJ.

Racing deal, but JJ should have been more patient IMO.
It was a racing deal, Jimmie was clearly trying to get away from the 24 and 11, came up on him as Buscher was checking up.

Jimmie's gonna win a few this year. He's ran up front every single week.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pat
Why couldn't he have made that mistake when we had to watch him be flawless for years
He made his share of mistakes then too.

It just sticks out more because he's struggled the last few seasons.

Jimmie's run top 5 all year though. Eventually, the luck will swing back his way and he'll win some races.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom