Daytona 500 RACE thread ! !

Logano races like such a douchebag
Anyone makes that block. Final lap and the final few turns of the Daytona 500? That’s a big run from behind but nobody just lets that get around them. The issue is they ran single file all day and have little to no experience with blocking a huge run, passing with that huge run or how to push with a huge run. It ends like this, every time.

Could have stated it differently... Growth has nothing to do with something that devastating.

I could see him retiring after achieving those goals, he's got a beautiful family and his own manufacturing business.

I could see him getting back into ownership one day.
Of course it does. Kyle and Samantha went through something terrible. Given her comments, it made them stronger, probably more resilient. Samantha is an incredibly strong woman. Kyle clearly has dealt with it well and had grown into more patient, seemingly calm man since then. If my expressing admiration for the way Kyle may have responded to a terrible trauma is so distasteful, so be it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone makes that block. Final lap and the final few turns of the Daytona 500? That’s a big run from behind but nobody just lets that get around them. The issue is they ran single file all day and have little to no experience with blocking a huge run, passing with that huge run or how to push with a huge run. It ends like this, every time.

You're right, that's the biggest issue. But I don't think anyone makes a block like that when the guy behind him (a teammate, no less) has that big of a run. There's no positive outcome for him in that situation. And Logano has a history of driving like a tool, so he's not getting the benefit of the doubt.

Also, I hope everyone gets seen about for a concussion.

Reading Dale Jr's book really opened my eyes to the severity of concussions and how just walking away means nothing.
Yup! Davey Allison was the first driver I ever recall having post-concussion symptoms that were brought to light following his Winston wreck. It took another 20 years for people to take notice again. Those were big time hits and adrenaline/emotion can mask injuries for a bit....

What a race. Looking forward to Clint and Jeff in the booth.

Most fun, boring race I've watched in a long time.

Still feeling the nerves from that wreck.

Also, I hope everyone gets seen about for a concussion.

Reading Dale Jr's book really opened my eyes to the severity of concussions and how just walking away means nothing.
Yep. I’m more concerned with Brad and Kyle. Being involved in high level sports for awhile, some of the immediate reactions of people with a concussion are similar. Angry at everything, uncontrollable sobbing/sadness, dazed face, glassy/red eyes, etc... those are some of the immediate things we look for after a hit to the head.

Brad’s interview looked like he may have been holding back some tears/choking up and he eyes were glassed over. I’m sure he’s been evaluated but I would have someone stay with him for a bit longer.

Yep. I’m more concerned with Brad and Kyle. Being involved in high level sports for awhile, some of the immediate reactions of people with a concussion are similar. Angry at everything, uncontrollable sobbing/sadness, dazed face, glassy/red eyes, etc... those are some of the immediate things we look for after a hit to the head.

Brad’s interview looked like he may have been holding back some tears/choking up and he eyes were glassed over. I’m sure he’s been evaluated but I would have someone stay with him for a bit longer.
I’ve been a Brad fan for a long time and I’ll never seen him that off. Could’ve been being shaken up and pissed but it felt wayyy different then any other interview he has ever done

These care center check ups just don't seem like legitimate evaluations. Brad definely seemed numb.

I’ve been a Brad fan for a long time and I’ll never seen him that off. Could’ve been being shaken up and pissed but it felt wayyy different then any other interview he has ever done
There could be a lot going on there. Some here were speculating a retirement after this year. If it was his last 500, him being distraught is understandable.

Something definitely seemed off though. Not your normal in-check Brad.

Same. Especially after it was over he opened his mouth and looked over to the next interviewer. It could be as simple as he bit his tongue in the wreck, or he could have felt sick to his stomach or trying to focus more than usual. Hopefully he’s alright. His hits were vicious.

Of course it does. Kyle and Samantha went through something terrible. Given her comments, it made them stronger, probably more resilient. Samantha is an incredibly strong woman. Kyle clearly has dealt with it well and had grown into more patient, seemingly calm man since then. If my expressing admiration for the way Kyle may have responded to a terrible trauma is so distasteful, so be it.

Tragedy can change a person in many ways. I have also noticed a change in his behavior. I'm not saying he doesn't still get upset but he has showed much more patience then he use to for whatever the reason may be.

Last edited:
Sounds like it to me
I thought he sounded sincere, actually and I'm no Joey fan.
Gonna be a awkward debrief at Team Penske on Tuesday...
It's not like Brad hasn't let everyone know how he felt about blocking and what he'd do about it. To be a fly on the wall indeed. :laugh:

sucks Custer got hung out that cost kevin anychance at winning being between 2 penske cars.

Oh well happy for Michael if Kevin could not win then I'm glad we got an underdog winner.

Logano is an issue at these places. His goofy awe shucks interviews aren't fooling anyone. "We all just collided in one spot."??. Bro...

Denny said it best, you can't win for 4th or 5th on the last lap.

That **** has to stop, if they can drive side by side or even three wide for over 10 laps... Man I know damn well you can setup your moves with about 5-7 laps to go.

I love plate racing, but this is the infuriating part of it all.

He should be the one to call a driver's meeting like Rusty did, since he's been top dawg on the plate tracks lately.

The main thing is no one wants to be first to drop down off the high side and risk getting hung out shuffled to the back, they need have more willingness and trust that other's will follow suit, without that it's frozen in place and choo-choo high line till last lap. Not a great show for the fans.

Brad's comments.
8359404c94ac4d39b0c8d14c0dffa471.jpg

It's not a fluke- McDowell has been up here in all these plate races for years and years....it's about time for him.

He had 2 top 5s and 6 top 10s at Daytona in 19 races headed into this race. Also only 1 top 5 at Talladega in 20 races. He might hang around in some of these Daytona races but he certainly stinks at Talladega.

Front Row had a big payday and that's good for them. It will be interesting to see if they spend it on more speed. Those Roush-Yates motors don't come cheap.

Back
Top Bottom