Daytona RACE thread ---

They definitely aren't gonna call it this early, especially with the scattered nature of the storms. Could be lookin at a race under the lights :)

I was just waiting for the FS1 blondie to say "but severe weather continues and the race has been postponed until tomorrow."

Doing a drill
17stenhouseteam_zpsce785ed4.jpg

lol that's REALLY bad advice.

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing. I guess they just don't have enough safe area for a crowd that big - but you certainly don't want to be sitting in your car during a tornado.

I have a feeling we'll get all the way through the encore presentation of the 2013 Daytona 500 and will be onto the encore of the 2012 Daytona 500 before the 2014 version gets back underway.

Y'know, this is probably my biggest fear about attending an outdoor sporting event like a NASCAR race. I'm paranoid about severe weather and would hate to get caught in something like what we're seeing at Daytona today. Another tornado warning. That's crazy.

I need a recap guys, how far did the race get before the rain and who's already out?

If NASCAR wants to try, the rain will end at 6-7 PM and another 90 mins to dry the track & go racing tonight

I need a recap guys, how far did the race get before the rain and who's already out?
38 laps run so far. Larson's been in the wall a couple of times. I think he blew a tire. Truex blew an engine. I believe they're the only two that have had issues.

Optimistic plan is to try to continue #Daytona500 at 8pm eastern but nothing official until all severe weather warnings for the area clear...from chris myers twitter

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393189405424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393189405424.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 200
  • uploadfromtaptalk1393189427827.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393189427827.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 174
Back
Top Bottom