Daytona RACE thread ---

Since nothing is going on, how did you guys watch the race before the Internet and sites like this? Alone, have some buddies come over?
My biggest racing buddy used to have an annual party that would bring out the casual stick-and-ball fans, with a huge spread that would rival the best Super Bowl parties. We'd all throw $5 in the pot, draw numbers from a hat to see who goes first, then pick our drivers. Leader at halfway got his $5 back, winner got the rest.

There were lots more good stories in this thread.

image.jpg

You aren't much of a fan if you don't know you're watching a repeat.
Not gonna lie, I forgot it was a repeat for a second and when I saw Kyle Busch taking off his firesuit, I was like "that's it, it's postponed."

I guess I know where I stand now.

"Drying efforts continue. Radar looks dicey but not raining now. Hoping for a prime time start."

At least you figured it out. Some people on social media still haven't.

I'm at a family function. Lots of casuals. Took me 5 minutes to realize myself.. I was like dammit I've been had.

Anyone know an eta on track drying completion? They've been at it for an hour.

What's up with the ponchos???
Still raining?

What's up with the ponchos???
Still raining?

LOL seeing the old ticker must be like seeing an old picture of your spouse.

And the cable cam. If they'd used twisted steel aircraft cable instead of 'climbing rope', we'd probably still have that.

And the cable cam. If they'd used twisted steel aircraft cable instead of 'climbing rope', we'd probably still have that.

After seeing the new(new new ticker) lol agreed

I really liked those camera angles too :(

If they push it to tomorrow it'll be run around 5. Which is awesome because that's when I go into work :mad:

Just looked at the radar. There is so much rain coming from the gulf there is no way this race happens today.

They can wait it out. They once ran the july race at around 1am Eastern time once. lol

I'm at a family function. Lots of casuals. Took me 5 minutes to realize myself.. I was like dammit I've been had.

Anyone know an eta on track drying completion? They've been at it for an hour.

Years ago my brother fell asleep on the couch with Dale Sr leading a race (we were both Sr fans). When he woke up I told him Dale had an unscheduled stop and while he was still leading the pack he was several laps down.

It took him a few minutes to catch on, he was P.O.d in the meantime.

They can wait it out. They once ran the july race at around 1am Eastern time once. lol
They finished the 2012 500 after 1AM...there's just a lot of rain around the area that keeps popping up

Back
Top Bottom