Deegan update

I disagree, no reason that it shouldn't be coed. This is one sport that a man has no physical advantage over a woman so why should they be separated?
W Series just pits women against women and proves nothing, doesn’t advance the drivers’ careers at all. Also, it’s pretty much going under financially already. Not a very promising concept.

I don’t think she’s very fast but I don’t see much harm in her doing Xfinity next year. I think it’s typically better driving standards and less of a ****show up there. A lot of the times she wrecks out it’s because she’s running amongst the riffraff.

I do think she’ll need to show a much higher degree of competency before moving to Cup though. Social media backing can only get you so far, and she’s nowhere near as much of a star as Danica already was when she moved to NASCAR.

I’m not sure drivers should be allowed to make their series debut during the playoffs either.
Exactly! Danica was a star in Indy cars, won a race, top 5 in the Indy 500, driving cars at over 230 mph and had a hot new Sponsor that had tons of money and they promoted her just about more than any driver in Cup. Her face was on just about every network in TV.

Exactly! Danica was a star in Indy cars, won a race, top 5 in the Indy 500, driving cars at over 230 mph and had a hot new Sponsor that had tons of money and they promoted her just about more than any driver in Cup. Her face was on just about every network in TV.

That being said, Danica didn't have any business being in a Cup car either. She wasn't any better in Xfinity than Deegan has been in the trucks, despite her Indycar resume. I'm certainly not predicting any smashing success in Xfinity, but if she DOES get a full time ride in a competitive car, she will do at least as good if not better than Danica. Hallie's not fast, but Danica was just LOST in a stock car.

That being said, Danica didn't have any business being in a Cup car either. She wasn't any better in Xfinity than Deegan has been in the trucks, despite her Indycar resume. I'm certainly not predicting any smashing success in Xfinity, but if she DOES get a full time ride in a competitive car, she will do at least as good if not better than Danica. Hallie's not fast, but Danica was just LOST in a stock car.
She may or may not do better than Patrick but judging by her progress ( she has digressed in a lower division) there is no evidence that she will do better.

She may or may not do better than Patrick but judging by her progress ( she has digressed in a lower division) there is no evidence that she will do better.
I think she can do better just by finishing races. I'm not talking dramatically better, just better.

I haven't been on here in probably 6 weeks, but when I saw the Deegan news I had to come here and share my thoughts.

I haven't been a Deegan hater like some on here, but I do recognize that she's struggled to say the least, but I'd like to see her get 1 more year in the Trucks.

Now she's failing upwards to the Xfinity Series!? what a ****** joke.

She's only getting the ride because she happens to be pretty. She's shown nothing in the Trucks to say she's ready to move up a level.

3 top 10s while driving for one of the better Truck teams, in 2 years.... "hey welcome to the Xfinity Series now!". such a joke

You actually think Deegan will finish 10th or better in Xfinity?

Answering your statement, I don’t think she’ll get many top 5s besides plate races,

but I think she could get a top 10 here or there in Xfinity. The budgets and business model and engines are different animal than the spec engine Truck Series, the depth of the field isn’t as strong in the middle (12-30) of the Xfinity Series, but they all know to drive cleaner.

The mid-field in Xfin isn’t as strong as it is in the Truck series?

So ... if I’m understanding you correctly, that should enable the young Instagram star to run Xfin races further forward than she’s been able to in her Ford pickup.

If this driver is able to run top 10’s in any Xfinity car on a reasonably consistent basis, I’ll eat one of her T-shirts in front of the post office on a Saturday afternoon.

Answering your statement, I don’t think she’ll get many top 5s besides plate races,

but I think she could get a top 10 here or there in Xfinity. The budgets and business model and engines are different animal than the spec engine Truck Series, the depth of the field isn’t as strong in the middle (12-30) of the Xfinity Series, but they all know to drive cleaner.
I meant top 10 in point standings. Danica finished 10th so thats the watermark Deegan has to beat.

looking at the glass half full here

Deegan may follow the path of Jimmy Johnson
not so good in lower series
then get in a Cup car and the set the world on fire

Suprised her fanboi hasn't been here gushing about her in his usual way.

i always wonder when i read this stuff,is why you guys are not talking crap about the 15 to 25 guys that finish behind her every week. i think she is doing good,and i wish her good luck at las vegas.:owquitit: oh thats right shes a girl

i always wonder when i read this stuff,is why you guys are not talking crap about the 15 to 25 guys that finish behind her every week. i think she is doing good,and i wish her good luck at las vegas.:owquitit: oh thats right shes a girl
Thats rich

The 15-25 people that keep finishing behind her aren't being promoted to Xfinity. They, like Hallie haven't shown that they deserve to move up.

looking at the glass half full here

Deegan may follow the path of Jimmy Johnson
not so good in lower series
then get in a Cup car and the set the world on fire
People forget that Jimmie was already successful in the off-road world prior to his Busch Series days. He just didn't always just run poorly and then boom all the sudden Cup star.

The 15-25 people that keep finishing behind her aren't being promoted to Xfinity. They, like Hallie haven't shown that they deserve to move up.
Also, there aren't 15-23 people that keep finishing behind her lol.

Her average finish this year is 22. Even if every truck race is full (which it hasn't been) at 26 trucks, that leaves 14 drivers behind her on average.

Out of the 21 races this year, she's finished 25th or worse in 8 of them. A best finish of 6th at completely luck based Talladega.

Her average finish this year is 22. Even if every truck race is full (which it hasn't been) at 26 trucks, that leaves 14 drivers behind her on average.

Out of the 21 races this year, she's finished 25th or worse in 8 of them. A best finish of 6th at completely luck based Talladega.
oh so its luck when she has a good week,but it s not bad luck when some dumbass takes her out, ok thanks now i understand

Because nobody cares about Kaden Honeycutt or Blaine Perkins driving Mcgillicuddy Racing's junkboxes prepared by a guy who works at Joe's Tires during the week.

The expectations for Hailie are higher than most of the bum drivers/teams she's racing against, and she is getting a promotion to Xfinity despite being outperformed by those in lesser equipment. But yeah I forgot, she is above all criticism because she's a girl :wacko:

I don’t really consider Xfinity a “promotion” necessarily, although here’s my take on the NASCAR latter:

Single-A (A): ARCA West / ARCA East
Double-A (AA): ARCA Menards Series
Triple-A (AAA): NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series / NASCAR Xfinity Series
Major League: Cup Series

“Independent”: Whelen Modifieds

I don’t really consider Xfinity a “promotion” necessarily, although here’s my take on the NASCAR latter:

Good lord man, its a world of difference between trucks and xfinity.

You actually think Deegan will finish 10th or better in Xfinity?
No, not with the current fields, but I she COULD outperform Danica. I was curious, so I looked it up. In 2012 when Danica finished 10th, only 14 drivers ran all the races, and of those 14, only Brian Scott (9th) and Jeremy Clements (14th) completed fewer laps. Danica had 6 DNF's and an average finish of 18.8.

Trucks and Xfinity are absolutely not on the same level.

Exactly. I'll say it again: Parker Kligerman, in Henderson equipment, is beating her in points even having run ten less races than her. Ryan Prece is beating her with 12 less races. And people talk **** about Preece that he isn't good enough for Cup, well I guess that means Hailie belongs back in late models

Exactly. I'll say it again: Parker Kligerman, in Henderson equipment, is beating her in points even having run ten less races than her. Ryan Prece is beating her with 12 less races. And people talk **** about Preece that he isn't good enough for Cup, well I guess that means Hailie belongs back in late models
She wasn’t good in late models to be honest. Probably needed more time in them before moving up.

Apparently, mediocrity gets rewards...
When has that ever NOT been the case? There have been people get rides or promoted up the ladder without merit for decades and decades.
What did Richard and Kyle Petty ever do to earn their Cup rides? Did Dale Jr.'s 3 late model wins justify a top tier Busch Ride? We all know the ONLY reason Danica got a Cup ride was her big sponsorship money and her Q rating. Michael Annett was able to waste a championship capable Xfinity ride for YEARS only because he brought money. Paul Menard was FAR from the worst driver to ever get in a Cup car, but what qualified him for a ride other than Dad's checkbook? Harrison Burton, REALLY? Same story, different verse. I am kind of the opinion of giving ALL these drivers a fair shot, and let them sink or swim.

No, not with the current fields, but I she COULD outperform Danica. I was curious, so I looked it up. In 2012 when Danica finished 10th, only 14 drivers ran all the races, and of those 14, only Brian Scott (9th) and Jeremy Clements (14th) completed fewer laps. Danica had 6 DNF's and an average finish of 18.8.
lol. And Deegan has worse numbers in the truck series and you think she is gonna run with those guys in Xfinity

Man I was a Ryan Preece fan. He was arguably my favorite driver the couple years he ran in Cup. I know he's a stud, and he deserves a competent ride in Cup. I hope he lands with SHR for 2024 if nothing opens up for 2023.

oh so its luck when she has a good week,but it s not bad luck when some dumbass takes her out, ok thanks now i understand
Restrictor plate racing? Yea that's luck primarily. That's why some of the best drivers ever, don't have a Daytona 500 win. Stewart, Kyle Busch, MTJ, Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace, Bobby Labonte, and others all never won there. All of the drivers I listed, except for Martin, are Cup Series champs, and Mark should have probably 2-3.

Her run at Mid-Ohio, was not luck, that was skill.

sure she's had some bad luck, but she shouldn't be running in the low 20s on a week to week basis with those other wankers in the first place, and she'd avoid most of that.

Man I was a Ryan Preece fan. He was arguably my favorite driver the couple years he ran in Cup. I know he's a stud, and he deserves a competent ride in Cup. I hope he lands with SHR for 2024 if nothing opens up for 2023.
Word was he was in the 10 before this bizarre unretirement by Almirola, this obviously was a push by Smithfield to keep him. They must be VERY pleased with their ROI with Aric and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Word was he was in the 10 before this bizarre unretirement by Almirola, this obviously was a push by Smithfield to keep him. They must be VERY pleased with their ROI with Aric and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
That's the rumor I heard as well. That's a bummer for him.

Any idea on his plans for 2023?

Back
Top Bottom