Deegan update

lol. And Deegan has worse numbers in the truck series and you think she is gonna run with those guys in Xfinity
I'm not saying she will, I just think it is possible and in a different environment, she may do better. I'm not going to take any bets on it, I just don't think she is quite as bad as most people do.

“win on Sunday, sell on Monday” days are long gone

It all comes down to who with sell more (automobiles/drinks/etc) then the others, unless the team has a b2b partner and then that becomes less important

Social media is king, even compared to the marketing machine that is NASCAR. Defang will do a Instagram/YouTube/tweet that will be seen by millions of a captive audience, that does a lot further in marketing then a logo and business name being mentioned a couple dozen times.

It all comes down to who with sell more (automobiles/drinks/etc) then the others, unless the team has a b2b partner and then that becomes less important

Social media is king, even compared to the marketing machine that is NASCAR. Defang will do a Instagram/YouTube/tweet that will be seen by millions of a captive audience, that does a lot further in marketing then a logo and business name being mentioned a couple dozen times.
Just waiting for those that hate "woke" to respond. The world is changing. Some refuse to accept it.

Social media drivers will come in and fade away.

Social media drivers will come in and fade away.

Calling Deegan a social media driver puts her in the same class as Decker. Apple v Orange

Deegan WANTS to be a an excellent driver - hell its in her blood. From what I gather she does the social media thing so she CAN drive ie to fund her.

Calling Deegan a social media driver puts her in the same class as Decker. Apple v Orange

Deegan WANTS to be a an excellent driver - hell its in her blood. From what I gather she does the social media thing so she CAN drive ie to fund her.
Decker’s social media engagement is dwarfed by Deegan’s.

We don’t always get what we want. Isn’t Deegan’s racing funded by The Ford Motor Company and by Monster Energy Corporation?

Decker’s social media engagement is dwarfed by Deegan’s.

Isn’t Deegan’s racing funded by The Ford Motor Company and by Monster Energy Corporation?

Ford and monster have clauses Im sure that she will feature them her videos and IG posts

I'm not saying she will, I just think it is possible and in a different environment, she may do better. I'm not going to take any bets on it, I just don't think she is quite as bad as most people do.

It's possible that I can hop in a cup car and win 10 races. Doesn't mean it's realistic.

Well if she wants to be known as a race car driver she needs to run like one. She is more concerned with her social status then driving race cars and it shows. Let me ask you a question, do you think the majority of the drivers in the business take her seriously?

Well if she wants to be known as a race car driver she needs to run like one. She is more concerned with her social status then driving race cars and it shows. Let me ask you a question, do you think the majority of the drivers in the business take her seriously?

That's what I find somewhat surprising. When Hailie was gaining popularity a few years ago, she kind of threw shade at Danica for trying to be more of a celebrity than a stock car driver, and women like Natalie Decker who were basically just Instagram models posing as racecar drivers. She talked about how she's a racer first and didn't care about any of the other stuff.

I'm guessing her people told her she needed to have more of a presence on social media or flaunting her looks or whatever to help gain fans/attention/popularity. That's fine, but at some point the results on the track need to show up.

That's what I find somewhat surprising. When Hailie was gaining popularity a few years ago, she kind of threw shade at Danica for trying to be more of a celebrity than a stock car driver, and women like Natalie Decker who were basically just Instagram models posing as racecar drivers. She talked about how she's a racer first and didn't care about any of the other stuff.

I'm guessing her people told her she needed to have more of a presence on social media or flaunting her looks or whatever to help gain fans/attention/popularity. That's fine, but at some point the results on the track need to show up.
Look at the new mustang media she is in. They want her to be all sexed up. Not sure she wants that

Funny how that worked out.

She did indeed throw shade on Patrick and decker.

Personally, I feel shed rather race than pose sexily.

...and I love DP. but she gave in to the media in her career, becoming a "pretty wheel holder" IMHO. I would rather Deegan wash out than become that.

Add to the fact that bottom line, some guys dont want to get beat by a girl

I feel Kaylee Bryson is really cutting her teeth in dirt even more than Deegan did. Good On Toyota for supporting her

Prob not.

"old boys network " comes to mind, but I agree, she needs to dig harder.

Personally, I feel shed rather race than pose sexily.
Why not both :idunno:

I'm excited to see her in Xfinity, Custer and Moffitt have proven SSGLR has equipment that is capable of running Top 10. I'd be very surprised if she runs that well though.
Her performances in the truck series have been underwhelming so far, no doubt about that. Xfinity has less downforce and more off-throttle time, maybe that helps her a bit.

...and I love DP. but she gave in to the media in her career, becoming a "pretty wheel holder" IMHO. I would rather Deegan wash out than become that.

Add to the fact that bottom line, some guys dont want to get beat by a girl

I feel Kaylee Bryson is really cutting her teeth in dirt even more than Deegan did. Good On Toyota for supporting her
Danica didn't "give in to the media", she was her own marketing machine. She posed half-naked for FHM and Sports Illustrated early in her professional driving career strategically and pushed herself into that type of spotlight for leverage and notoriety. Everything about her relationship with the media was cultivated and intentional.

Hailie Deegan would be great for the sport if she was even a mid-tier Cup driver who wins a couple races. But it doesn’t look like she’s got it in her to become that.

I don’t have a problem with any driver pushing looks to help their marketing. Kasey Kahne and Carl Edwards both had massive female fanbases because of looks, which is fine. Danica Patrick made a career of it for a while.

Except, those drivers also happened to be good. (Danica was good in IndyCar, only a fool would deny it.)

Trying to figure out what would be a good expectation or goal for Deegan in
her first Xfinity race. I guess I will go 25th or better and bring the car home in one piece.
If you were her her crew chief , what would be your goal?

Trying to figure out what would be a good expectation or goal for Deegan in
her first Xfinity race. I guess I will go 25th or better and bring the car home in one piece.
If you were her her crew chief , what would be your goal?
seat. time.
Hailie Deegan would be great for the sport if she was even a mid-tier Cup driver who wins a couple races. But it doesn’t look like she’s got it in her to become that.

I don’t have a problem with any driver pushing looks to help their marketing. Kasey Kahne and Carl Edwards both had massive female fanbases because of looks, which is fine. Danica Patrick made a career of it for a while.

Except, those drivers also happened to be good. (Danica was good in IndyCar, only a fool would deny it.)
Where Patrick was good in Indycar, it for many reasons didnt translate over to Stock cars, unfortunately. Also, she even said it got so it wasnt fun anymore.

I want Deegan to have fun racing. Her laugh is infectious, her smile the same. If she loses that, Id rather her just race dirt.
She wants whatever will keep the funding coming. Look at some her youtube thumbnails that she puts out. It's very clear that she's using her looks as clickbait.
Shes not a "girly girl" like Decker - so I wonder if its Ford and Monsters feeling that she should accentuate her looks?
Danica didn't "give in to the media", she was her own marketing machine. She posed half-naked for FHM and Sports Illustrated early in her professional driving career strategically and pushed herself into that type of spotlight for leverage and notoriety. Everything about her relationship with the media was cultivated and intentional.
I bet her sponsor was all over it tho as well.
Why not both :idunno:

I'm excited to see her in Xfinity, Custer and Moffitt have proven SSGLR has equipment that is capable of running Top 10. I'd be very surprised if she runs that well though.
Her performances in the truck series have been underwhelming so far, no doubt about that. Xfinity has less downforce and more off-throttle time, maybe that helps her a bit.
If one lessens the other, Id rather racing take precedent

People need to realize the world is an incredibly different place in regards to how people are entertained.

You have households that have zero cable tv, and the younger generations are experiencing life without tv’s are their source for entertainment. The smart phone has changed the world, if nascar doesn’t change with it, it will loose the marketing dollars it requires to operate

More of the younger generation knows who won the Cletus and cars event at Bristol crown Vic race then who won the nascar cup championship, let alone the winner of the Bristol cup race

Back
Top Bottom