Deegan update

Anyone remember Andre Agassi when he married Brook Shields how the distraction tanked him. But when he divorced and hooked up with Stephie Graf she kicked his but into shape and he won again?

Lesson there. Maybe Hailie should swear off social media and trips with her BF till she has a couple top 10 finishes. I think it might just work 🤔

Anyone remember Andre Agassi when he married Brook Shields how the distraction tanked him. But when he divorced and hooked up with Stephie Graf she kicked his but into shape and he won again?

Lesson there. Maybe Hailie should swear off social media and trips with her BF till she has a couple top 10 finishes. I think it might just work 🤔
I will Google image search Stephie Graf and even Katerina Witt as a bonus to give it some thought.

Guess either some don't read all the replies to the thread before posting or they have me on ignore. Post # 1801 explains what happened at her last race. Transmission broke. Got ran over while trying to hold in it gear. But that's her fault too. She should have been in the shop, building transmissions and installing them. It's ALWAYS gonna be the female drivers fault for not finishing top 5 EVERY WEEK.

And I strongly dislike family.

Deegan is a bust and a gimmick. Some of us fell for it early on, but she doesn't have the talent to be a competitive racer, and doesn't seem to really have the passion for it either.

The ship has sailed. The gimmick has worn off, and the hype and potential has died.

I really thought, as of a few years ago that she was going to be the female driver who can run well enough in a top bride to make the playoffs. Similar to, or a little bit worse than Almirola.

Boy was I wrong. She is proven for two or three years now She isn't good enough to race in the truck series. And a lot of those championship contenders in the truck series aren't good enough to make it in cup.

I don't think it's unreasonable that for it eventually moves on. At least Danica was racing in cup.

Deegan just isn't it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
When she was in K&N/ARCA I was a fan and a supporter. I had the same feeling you did, that she could be the one that makes it.
Guess either some don't read all the replies to the thread before posting or they have me on ignore. Post # 1801 explains what happened at her last race. Transmission broke. Got ran over while trying to hold in it gear. But that's her fault too. She should have been in the shop, building transmissions and installing them. It's ALWAYS gonna be the female drivers fault for not finishing top 5 EVERY WEEK.

And I strongly dislike family.
You're mis-reading the criticism in my opinion. It's not that she's a female driver, it's that she's been a super hyped driver for years now.

When she was in K&N/ARCA I was a fan and a supporter. I had the same feeling you did, that she could be the one that makes it.

You're mis-reading the criticism in my opinion. It's not that she's a female driver, it's that she's been a super hyped driver for years now.
My response was to posts 1805 & 1806. But also to the general "she should spend more time in the shop being in the way" idea. If anyone believes any current drivers have anything to offer the teams from a mechanical side, you haven't been paying attention. Drivers drive. They don't work on the vehicles. At all. Larson doesn't get same criticism.

That would have more of an impact if there were 36 clown cars in the SRX “racing” series rather than 12, with one of those assigned to Paul Tracey.

I was joking. But she did finish 2nd out of 12 in the fun flag series.

My response was to posts 1805 & 1806. But also to the general "she should spend more time in the shop being in the way" idea. If anyone believes any current drivers have anything to offer the teams from a mechanical side, you haven't been paying attention. Drivers drive. They don't work on the vehicles. At all. Larson doesn't get same criticism.

Larson isn't finishing outside of the top 20 in the truck series every week.

There are some drivers that do work hard at getting to the track every week & do good sponsorship & fan retention than other drivers.

Larson isn't finishing outside of the top 20 in the truck series every week.
You know that's not my point. Larson gets rides due to talent. If ANY of the female drivers mentioned in this thread looked like they had similar talent, teams would be chasing them to get them in their cars. Not their talent at hanging bodies or building shocks. DRIVING TALENT.

You know that's not my point. Larson gets rides due to talant. If ANY of the female drivers mentioned in this thread looked like they had similar talent, teams would be chasing them to get them in their cars. Not their talent at hanging bodies or building shocks. DRIVING TALENT.

Larson gets rides because he has talent AND results, Hailie has talent but no results.

Who pays? Plus I don't believe either of those series race to same tire as truck. Makes a huge difference.

I have a hard time believing that Hailie can’t get funding for some ARCA or late models.

Tyler Ankrum won the ARCA race & got a top 10. I think the experience helps some.

Talent gets results. She has shown she has neither.

She was a good driver in Lucas Oil Off Road, she runs decent at some road courses. She has some talent, but seems tentative.

The expectations for her are a bit much, she provides entertainment lol.

How come everyone one of those videos has her standing with her arms out palms up in the "oh well" gesture? Shows how she really doesn't care to do better.

I don’t think anyone is saying she should literally be turning wrenches on the truck. None of these drivers do that anymore. They are there to drive the car.

I say “she should be living at the shop” mostly metaphorically. She needs to be working on her racecraft every chance she gets. Simulators, ARCA races, CARS Tour races. Honestly, the CARS Tour is probably the best development series around right now.

My favorite Hailie Deegan memory is that time I picked her in the Truck Series in NASCAR Heat 4 and won at Daytona.

Jennifer Jo Cobb and I were battling for the lead when a caution came out with 5 to go. With two women on the front row, we restarted with 3 to go. JJC fell out of the top 5 coming to the checkers.

Deegan won the race while JJC and Decker finished in the top 10. NASCAR would've **** themselves in real life.

All I'll say is that if she's not in a contract after this year, that truck should belong to a different driver next season. She's near the bottom of the standings as far as full time series regulars go. It'd be one thing if she was in subpar equipment, but her three teammates are all currently in the top ten, so her poor results are definitely not due a lack of performance within the organization. If she wants to be here next season, she's absolutely going to need to pick things up, and fast! But then again, she is one of the most popular truck series drivers, so maybe I'm wrong and maybe she'll be in this truck for years to come. Or maybe she'll even land a full time Xfinity ride next year due to that popularity. Or maybe she'll skip the Xfinity Series and go straight to cup. Heck, I don't know.

Or maybe she'll even land a full time Xfinity ride next year due to that popularity. Or maybe she'll skip the Xfinity Series and go straight to cup. Heck, I don't know.

I actually think Deegan would benefit from an Xfinity ride. Given where she runs in Trucks, she won't learn anything new. At least the back markers in Xfinity aren't complete idiots.

Never understand why people put music over video. LOUD MUSIC!

Not to go too far off topic, but I've experimented with Youtube hiking videos and I add music simply because I'm not comfortable talking on camera and some soft music sort of fits the hiking vibe. I feel like complete silence would be kid of weird.

SIM time instead of YouBoob videos.
How much of her time do you think she spends daily on YouBoob videos? Hour? 2 hours? Are you assuming she does no SIM time? How much is enough?🧐 Need to do X amount of SIM every day? I say she just ain't good enough. SIM time ain't gonna fix that.

Not to go too far off topic, but I've experimented with Youtube hiking videos and I add music simply because I'm not comfortable talking on camera and some soft music sort of fits the hiking vibe. I feel like complete silence would be kid of weird.
I like hearing the engines. It's not silence they covering. It's trendy though.

How much of her time do you think she spends daily on YouBoob videos? Hour? 2 hours? Are you assuming she does no SIM time? How much is enough?🧐 Need to do X amount of SIM every day? I say she just ain't good enough. SIM time ain't gonna fix that.
I think she could be faster. It doesn’t appear to me that she is serious about NASCAR. She seems content running 20th.

^^Say you have no clue what drivers can do at the shop to help them get faster without saying it.

Back
Top Bottom