Deegan update

I think it’s pretty well established that I’m supportive of female race car drivers.
If you think there are other women deserving of a ride, you're a misogynist. You must support Hailie Deegan and only Hailie Deegan.

Sure, she's everything that's wrong with the sport, and there are other women more deserving, but you must support her. Yeah, Toni Breidinger's looking better and genuinely putting the effort in, but you still must support Hailie Deegan and only Hailie Deegan.

If you think there are other women deserving of a ride, you're a misogynist. You must support Hailie Deegan and only Hailie Deegan.

Sure, she's everything that's wrong with the sport, and there are other women more deserving, but you must support her. Yeah, Toni Breidinger's looking better and genuinely putting the effort in, but you still must support Hailie Deegan and only Hailie Deegan.
I haven’t seen anyone here say you have to support Miss Deegan, or that other female racers are not welcome. I would love to see more females racing in NASCAR. But they have to land a sponsor that wants to spend money on them just like miss Deegan and miss Patrick did. It’s the same with the male drivers.

The fact that haters feel the need to come here to attack the girl is significantly contributing to the post count.

Yes, she has clearly under performed for her buzz and expectations.

But until I see threads popping up for Toni or others where else do we discuss NASCARs efforts in this area?

Objectively she isn’t taking up much oxygen in the room. So for those offended by her existence, even bad press is press so if you hate her ignore her and maybe she’ll fade away.

But until Toni and:eek:r someone else has a full time ride 🤷🏻‍♂️

I keep hearing about people attacking her in this thread but I haven't really seen it. Where has she been attacked? I have only seen conversation based on facts. Fact is that she has not shown herself to be a very good driver compared to others in equal equipment. Pointing out the truth is not attacking. If it wasn't for her "celebrity status" she wouldn't be in the truck she is. There are plenty of other drivers in nascar with similar results and they don't get to drive top tier equipment.

I keep hearing about people attacking her in this thread but I haven't really seen it. Where has she been attacked? I have only seen conversation based on facts. Fact is that she has not shown herself to be a very good driver compared to others in equal equipment. Pointing out the truth is not attacking. If it wasn't for her "celebrity status" she wouldn't be in the truck she is. There are plenty of other drivers in nascar with similar results and they don't get to drive top tier equipment.
Just to be crystal clear. This person says there are 48 pages of saying the same thing...ya got that? It's not a hard statement to grasp. Tell ya what, show me anywhere a driver that has 48 pages of comments in the flippin Truck series? Now go, on to 50, you can do it.

Just to be crystal clear. This person says there are 48 pages of saying the same thing...ya got that? It's not a hard statement to grasp. Tell ya what, show me anywhere a driver that has 48 pages of comments in the flippin Truck series? Now go, on to 50, you can do it.

Show me another driver in truck series that is sensationalized by the media the way she is. No other truck running in the 20s gets the airtime she gets during the race.

Show me another driver in truck series that is sensationalized by the media the way she is. No other truck running in the 20s gets the airtime she gets during the race.
I don't think she currently gets that much air time. I see them mentioning Daniel Dye more than Hallie. Of course when she is in a crash her name comes up but I don't see them concentrating on her performance (or lack of) like they did a couple years ago

Maybe some fans can plug their ears and yell "NAH, NAH, NAH SHE's not a REAL driver", when ever they mention her name on TV? But here we are at 48 pages calling her name.

I don't think she currently gets that much air time. I see them mentioning Daniel Dye more than Hallie. Of course when she is in a crash her name comes up but I don't see them concentrating on her performance (or lack of) like they did a couple years ago

She's not getting as much this year, but when she does, Jamie Little and Michael Waltrip fawn all over her.

One for every incident or DNF. 🤐

She's not getting as much this year, but when she does, Jamie Little and Michael Waltrip fawn all over her.

One for every incident or DNF. 🤐
Getting up there close to twice as many pages as her average running position. Keep it going guys we'll get there.

I think she has the capability to have a good run today in Richmond, its in her wheelhouse comfort wise.

It would genuinely be great to see her with a top 10, but this year hasn’t made me confident it’s going to happen. She didn’t qualify well but didn’t see why. Still will hope for the best.

Damn, I thought they qualified after Cup but I see they already did and she timed in 25th.

One Yoder made the playoffs.
It's crazy how Toyota went from basically owning the truck series to being kind of an afterthought there practically overnight.

Losing KBM was huge for them. Wonder if they'll try to get Thorsport back whenever Deegan moves on.

It's crazy how Toyota went from basically owning the truck series to being kind of an afterthought there practically overnight.

Losing KBM was huge for them. Wonder if they'll try to get Thorsport back whenever Deegan moves on.
Hell they doubled down after they blew Busch out. They ran 6 TRD/ Tricon Trucks and sometimes 7 at first. They ran 5 at Richmond. Can't be making a buck with only one making it into the playoffs I wouldn't think. Thorsport on the other hand put three in the Chase out of four Trucks. The 4th truck with Deegan in it is more than paid for much to the chagrin or many around here. On to 50.

I don't see any point in comparing manufacturer results in a series with spec engines.
Yeah, the MFG aspect is non-existent in the trucks, hardly worth the MFG devotion when the only MFG related part is now Ilmore or whatever the name is. I was kinda mad Majeski couldn't hang on the4n remembered why the heck do I care? Nothing Ford about it but decals and maybe some aero lines?

Back
Top Bottom