Deegan update

It’s interesting that Deegan can’t find the dollars to get an Xfinity ride. I don’t think there’s a ride open on the Ford side. I guess enough dollars might convince Penske to reopen his Xfinity operation.

I listened to The Deegan's podcast once or twice and her and her dad were saying how the sponsorship they have (this was a couple years ago) isn't as much as people think it is, that they have to be selective on where to place her and that they don't just have a blank check. Brian Deegan also said that he doesn't have anywhere near the money that a lot of the other NASCAR dads have that are buying their kids premier rides, that they as a family can't shop for any ride they want.

Brian Deegan has had such a strong relationship with Monster for so many years that I don't think they would ever drop Hailie completely (out of loyalty to the family) but Ford is a different story. If Ford drops her then it wouldn't surprise me to see them go the Ryan Preece route of taking whatever they get from Monster and buying just a couple of Xfinity drives with a decent team to try to have a couple good runs at a higher level and see what it brings. Otherwise, where would she end up, full-time at a less competitive truck team running 29th every week? That won't move the needle any.

Sounds like she explained it pretty well. That was pretty interesting to hear. I didn’t realize that both those series is that expensive to compete in.

Oh it is so hard ..... all while she currently has an excellent truck ride that is capable of being competitive in the right hands.

Why all the yap about how she is ready for the next level if she only had the opportunity.
She hasn't done much to distunguish herself with the opportunity she already has, she should just get up on the damn wheel and show them what she can do right now if she is able, because there may never be a better opportunity than the current one.
She already has the golden opportunity she just needs to deliver.

Oh it is so hard ..... all while she currently has an excellent truck ride that is capable of being competitive in the right hands.

Why all the yap about how she is ready for the next level if she only had the opportunity.
She hasn't done much to distunguish herself with the opportunity she already has, she should just get up on the damn wheel and show them what she can do right now if she is able, because there may never be a better opportunity than the current one.
She already has the golden opportunity she just needs to deliver.
Exactly.

All 3 of her Thorsport team mates made the regular season top 10 / playoffs. She wasn’t even close.

Whataboutism.

What about this … have any of those 3 Toyota development drivers declared themselves ready to move up the ladder while complaining about the high cost of going fast?

Whataboutism.

What about this … have any of those 3 Toyota development drivers declared themselves ready to move up the ladder while complaining about the high cost of going fast?
That's a problem for ya I know. It's a big deal. Meanwhile, the rice burners are losing their asses.

I don't know if Deegan is going to improve any more in Trucks. She might benefit from taking her limited sponsorship dollars and buying a part time Xfinity schedule and running some CARS races. She might learn something and actually improve as a driver. If it turns out that Xfinity suits her driving style more than Trucks then she'd at least improve her reputation and bring in more dollars.

Sounds like she explained it pretty well. That was pretty interesting to hear. I didn’t realize that both those series is that expensive to compete in.
Oh yeah, its crazy Man, you spend a crap load of money running Super Lates and Late Models. I always said you have to find a car owner whos heart is in racing, not making money.

Big Bill France originally tried to keep the OEM's out of the racing, but by hook and crook he couldn't keep them out. The price has been high ever since. :idunno:

Oh yeah, its crazy Man, you spend a crap load of money running Super Lates and Late Models. I always said you have to find a car owner whos heart is in racing, not making money.
I had a buddy that started out in go karts and progressed to Late Models. He started out racing out of pocket with some family support, in the early days we hauled his and my cart to the track in the back of our pickup trucks.
He did well enough to win in every thing he drove, he even dominated in some lower classes while progressing to a Late Model ride.

By the time he got to the Late Models he was driving for people that was willing to spend the money. He was even getting half of the money he won while having all of his expenses paid.

He and his right hand man or CC had a running joke within our circle of friends about how many businesses they had put out buisness. He is honest guy and didn't set out to abuse the support. He just drove the good cars that were very eager to provide. But there was some truth with the running joke and some of them supported his racing very well until they day they went under. They were definitely committed racers. (I will not name him for obvious reasons).

Makes no sense here. I’m pretty sure most, if not all of us Deegan critics WANT her to succeed. It would be the best thing for the sport since the 79 Daytona 500 if she won a cup race. We’re just saying that she’s miles behind her teammates and hasn’t improved a bit in 3 years. That’s indisputable.
I SERIOUSLY dispute the notion that most of the critics want her to succeed. She has become the Nickelback of NASCAR where people pile on the hate just for sport. There are and have previously been tons of no talent hacks in good race cars, and they barely get a mention. We have reached the point where some people are perched on the edge of their seat waiting for her next bad finish just so they can gloat. Whether she has some talent or totally sucks is up for debate, but what has she ever done to anyone to justify 50 pages on an internet forum gratuitously ripping on her?

I SERIOUSLY dispute the notion that most of the critics want her to succeed. She has become the Nickelback of NASCAR where people pile on the hate just for sport. There are and have previously been tons of no talent hacks in good race cars, and they barely get a mention. We have reached the point where some people are perched on the edge of their seat waiting for her next bad finish just so they can gloat. Whether she has some talent or totally sucks is up for debate, but what has she ever done to anyone to justify 50 pages on an internet forum gratuitously ripping on her?
You're missing the element of hype here. I watch SRX, the "Superstar" series, and Hailie Deegan is in every race. I watched the ARCA race today and she's in ads for General Tire. She's in Ford promotional material. She has over a million followers on social media.

Yes, there are tons of other drivers that can't make the cut and that people don't talk about. But people aren't also getting those drivers put in their faces all the time. It's a different circumstance.

But, "Her Followers" on Social Mediocre...
That's what drives her "Popularity"; right ?
She's certainly not getting it done on the proving grounds...
And that is The Gods Honest Truth...

Ran top 5 last night in the SRX, and all ya hear is if she would have done this, or her problem is this on and on. I guess it gives some recliner racers an air of superiority. I think the boat is missed. We have the only sport I know of where women have the opportunity to race shoulder to shoulder with the men. Surveys show we have more female fans than other sports. But with all of the negativity for every little thing, this isn't helping future women in the sport IMO. Which one of the monied people in the sport are going to be willing to take a chance on a female driver all things being equal to a male one?

Ran top 5 last night in the SRX, and all ya hear is if she would have done this, or her problem is this on and on. I guess it gives some recliner racers an air of superiority. I think the boat is missed. We have the only sport I know of where women have the opportunity to race shoulder to shoulder with the men. Surveys show we have more female fans than other sports. But with all of the negativity for every little thing, this isn't helping future women in the sport IMO. Which one of the monied people in the sport are going to be willing to take a chance on a female driver all things being equal to a male one?
Are you insinuating Thorsport isn’t giving her an equal truck to her male counterparts? Or that Thorsport isn’t “monied?” What “isn’t equal?” She’s on a race winning truck team, and running 16th to 20th on speed. Her only good finish this year came because a dozen trucks wrecked in the last 10 laps at Texas. Please explain what isn’t equal?

I want her to do well. The criticism isn’t because of her gender. If Joe Graf Jr got all the attention that Hailie does you could bet I’d be right there complaining how he runs 20th on speed in a JGR car in Xfinity and so would many others.

Are you insinuating Thorsport isn’t giving her an equal truck to her male counterparts? Or that Thorsport isn’t “monied?” What “isn’t equal?” She’s on a race winning truck team, and running 16th to 20th on speed. Her only good finish this year came because a dozen trucks wrecked in the last 10 laps at Texas. Please explain what isn’t equal?

I want her to do well. The criticism isn’t because of her gender. If Joe Graf Jr got all the attention that Hailie does you could bet I’d be right there complaining how he runs 20th on speed in a JGR car in Xfinity and so would many others.
oh c'mon man. Show me any driver who has 50 pages of criticism saying the same thing over and over. Anybody else in that position (male) wouldn't have but a couple of pages if that.

If anyone acknowledged that Harrison Burton exists, I would start a thread about him. He's wasting a good seat but also no one seems to give a **** about him.

If anyone acknowledged that Harrison Burton exists, I would start a thread about him. He's wasting a good seat but also no one seems to give a **** about him.
He's the wrong sex. Ten times more disappointing, rich privileged kid at the Cup level, but nobody says squat, ignores the guy, he's a male with zero pages.

The criticism isn’t because of her gender but her opportunities are. At some point she’s going to have to get into the top 10 or those opportunities are going to erode.

Maybe there should be a WNascar series, like the WNBA, but the top drivers could be promoted to regular Nascar.

MADE IT!!!

1691248193098.png

Back
Top Bottom