Deegan update

You're missing the element of hype here. I watch SRX, the "Superstar" series, and Hailie Deegan is in every race. I watched the ARCA race today and she's in ads for General Tire. She's in Ford promotional material. She has over a million followers on social media.

Yes, there are tons of other drivers that can't make the cut and that people don't talk about. But people aren't also getting those drivers put in their faces all the time. It's a different circumstance.
I give you Michael Waltrip. For quite a few years he was shoved down our throats so bad, even my dogs knew who he was.

I give you Michael Waltrip. For quite a few years he was shoved down our throats so bad, even my dogs knew who he was.
Michael Waltrip at least won two Daytona 500s, was one of the best brand ambassadors for his sponsors in his day, had the guts to start a Cup Series team and with a brand new OEM at that, revolutionized the way Cup shops engage visiting fans by building his shop to be fan-friendly and intentionally provide views of the work being performed at any time of day, went on to be one of the more prolific broadcasting personalities of our day (like him or not), and while his Cup results for most of his career were mediocre, he was (until DEI, and even then after Dale Sr died) genuinely driving lesser equipment. Not championship level equipment and still running mid/back of the back.

Do ya think Waltrip would get 50 pages of mention? Don't answer that lol. It's obvious what is going down. Everybody knows Hailie isn't a superstar this goes way beyond that.

Do ya think Waltrip would get 50 pages of mention? Don't answer that lol. It's obvious what is going down. Everybody knows Hailie isn't a superstar this goes way beyond that.

Why are you so concerned about the length of this thread? It's 50 pages because half of the posts in here came from you.

Why are you so concerned about the length of this thread? It's 50 pages because half of the posts in here came from you.
What difference does it make to you? Here you are. If I want to help this thread move on past 50 pages for a 19th place (female) driver in the Truck series it ain't none of your or anybodies else business. Plenty of B.S. by other posters in this thread said over and over. I read the same nonsense everybody else does...all 50+ pages of it.

What difference does it make to you? Here you are. If I want to help this thread move on past 50 pages for a 19th place (female) driver in the Truck series it ain't none of your or anybodies else business. Plenty of B.S. by other posters in this thread said over and over. I read the same nonsense everybody else does...all 50+ pages of it.
What difference does it make to you what the page count of this thread is?

Whataboutism.

What about this … have any of those 3 Toyota development drivers declared themselves ready to move up the ladder while complaining about the high cost of going fast?
This. Ready to run Xfinity when she's underperforming? Please.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The criticism isn’t because of her gender but her opportunities are. At some point she’s going to have to get into the top 10 or those opportunities are going to erode.
This is just the simple truth of the matter. There's nothing else to it. No other agenda etc.

I want Hailee to succeed. She hasn't yet and there may not be a better opportunity for her. Is there a path to the cup series?

This is just the simple truth of the matter. There's nothing else to it. No other agenda etc.

I want Hailee to succeed. She hasn't yet and there may not be a better opportunity for her. Is there a path to the cup series?

Who says there has to be a path to the Cup series, you? You must see something nobody else sees I guess.

Who says there has to be a path to the Cup series, you? You must see something nobody else sees I guess.
Speaking of seeing something no one else does… what do you actually see in her other than 50 pages?

Fun fact … If there were 10 posts per page, this thread would be on page # 197.

And now, we take you back to the nonsensical arguments that have nothing to do with Ms. Deegan, who, by the way, is not very good at race car drivin‘ 😇
But, like any other driver, if she meets the age requirement, passes the driver's test, and has the resources to race she and any other driver can compete in the Nascar series. Butt hurt fans are free to fill up 50 pages of nonsense lol. It won't change a thing.

Speaking of seeing something no one else does… what do you actually see in her other than 50 pages?
You do you bud, I'll do me. You will have to go back I don't know how many pages to find what I said. I'm not one who continues to say the same things over and over.

Yes there’s a path for her to Cup tbh. It’s called Nascar Heat.

Is she running full time SRX?

Because that's what her goal is and what she's said she wants to do?

In one of her latest interviews, she said she didn't have the backing to race Xfinity much less the Cup series was why I was asking. I guess nothing has changed then unless you have heard different.

Thanks, StandOnit, Hailie's videos give us a view of some pretty interesting behind the scenes footage we would not normally get to see as a racing fan. She may not get a lot of respect from some of the racing forum members here, but she seems to be getting a lot of respect from a lot of the legendary race car drivers she competes against, like Helio Castroneves, Tony Stewart and many more. She seems to be having a lot of fun... and if her sponsors and team owners are happy with her then good for her. She seems to have a pretty good fanbase. If she brings some extra fans to NASCAR than good for her...but, if not, then that's ok too.

Thanks, StandOnit, Hailie's videos give us a view of some pretty interesting behind the scenes footage we would not normally get to see as a racing fan. She may not get a lot of respect from some of the racing forum members here, but she seems to be getting a lot of respect from a lot of the legendary race car drivers she competes against, like Helio Castroneves, Tony Stewart and many more. She seems to be having a lot of fun... and if her sponsors and team owners are happy with her then good for her. She seems to have a pretty good fanbase. If she brings some extra fans to NASCAR than good for her...but, if not, then that's ok too.
Yep, she is hanging with a good crowd in SRX. The crowd sure likes her, drove a clean race and finished 5th. Not bad at all.

In one of her latest interviews, she said she didn't have the backing to race Xfinity much less the Cup series was why I was asking. I guess nothing has changed then unless you have heard different.
Maybe the sponsorship is drying up because marketability only goes so far and there have to be results.

People backing Hailie were always doing so because of potential. Because she, very early in her career, looked like she’d be the one to shatter the glass ceiling and race her way into history … not just Motorsports history, but sports history.

In 2019, I thought she had the potential to become a household name. Since then, she hasn’t done ****.

Her star is falling.

There’s nothing wrong with her going to IMSA, where she could grow the sport and probably be more competitive since she seems to run decent on road courses. Or running some discipline of short track racing.

In fact, I bet there are tracks that would pay her to show up and race.

The writing is on the wall in regards to her NASCAR career. You spent 20+ pages mocking everyone and standing on a state of denial but, the fact is and always was, she had to take a leap this year. Not only did she not take that leap, she has shown absolutely no signs of improvement.

Ironically, all of us “misogynists” all actually thought she would improve. You were the only one walking it back early on. Multiple times this year, us “woman haters” said we thought she was good enough for a top-10, and you claimed we were sexist for having those kind of hopes and expectations.

Yeah, but the realism of her getting to cup soon and inevitably winning a cup series doesn't really mean anything as far as it simply being a goal goes. It's her goal. Regardless of how realistic it is, it's still her goal, which is why I brought it up.

She's not a superstar in terms of performance, but image wise, she is absolutely a star, and has a draw. Given that, and her own aspirations to win a cup race, her trajectory into a full time cup ride is absolutely a conversation.

“Being in the NASCAR Cup Series for sure is a huge goal of mine. Just being there would be a huge accomplishment. To go out there and be competitive, that's my life purpose".

https://www.monsterenergy.com/en-us/4-wheel/women-of-speed-hailie-deegan/
Of course getting to the cup series is her goal. And of course that was a hopeful expectation.

I think everyone (well, almost everyone) wants to see a female driver succeed at the cup level, win races, and win championships.

When Hailee became relevant to the NASCAR racing fandom/community, she had demonstrated talent, was having moderate success, sponsorship, and was developing a social media following and ABSOLUTELY used her very obvious and sharp marketing skills to further her career in racing. That's clear this is what was happening and was exactly what she needed to do. She needed to be a brand and a product in itself.

It's ******. But that's just how NASCAR is.

At the time, her pontial was absolutely that of a cup series regular. Her initial truck gig was a BIG deal and seemed like at that point, the trajectory to cup was starting.

And she hasn't performed well enough to justify a promotion so to speak, and the expectations are starting to come back down to earth.

To SOI's point, maybe those expectations are that she can someday just become a lifer playoff truck driver who can reliably get you top 10 points finishes.

But as recently as a year or so ago, the cup series was absolutely the expectation for her, her brand, her fans, and it's absolutely still her goal now.

Discussing her potential as a cup driver, and possible paths she has to get there is totally reasonable.

And I hope she does. Shes quirky, she's engaging, and ultimately would be great for the sport.

I feel like Hailie will have at least one career Cup start before she hangs it up. Whether it's a Rick Ware ****box or a legit team remains to be seen.

I REALLY believe the best thing she could do, if Cup is the goal, is run CARS Tour during her off weekends.

Jack and Danny don't put up with the Mickey Mouse 💩 that goes on in the Craftsman Truck Series. The CARS Tour is good enough for Kevin Harvick, Kyle Larson, Dale Jr, Ross Chastain and numerous others to run.

Hell, Josh Berry came right out of the tour and became an instant Xfinity contender. No doubt in my mind Carson Kvapil would be a top-tier Xfinity driver if he made the jump next year.

It's just me but I tend to look sideways at people who think they can predict the future. I see somebody waving their hands over a crystal ball lol. Hell it all depends on so many things for a racer to keep racing but if the finances aren't there it doesn't care if they are good or bad or shades between. Stick n ballers have a problem with that one. It's all they know to compare it too. Got to be first round draft pick or some $hit. Racing is different from Go Karts up.

Back
Top Bottom