Deegan update

Dad and I and railroad Johnny set out some snag lines one year in the spring on the lake. I got sick of catching catfish lol not really. The largest was a 62 pound flathead Cat. We would cut out the belly meat and make what Johnny called Catfish steaks out of the rest. Nothing smaller than 2 feet by law could we catch but I really was glad when they quit spawning. My freezer was about full.

Best Fish I ever ate was Sea cat. My God it was unreal. Went went out of Murrells Inlet and caught a bunch of fish and when we got back my friends dad fried up that Sea cat and it was amazing

Long John Silvers is my favorite fish. A connoisseur I ain't.
At least I know my well done steak was wasted.

My dad captained Gulf Stream charters in the '90s and early '00s. I'm used to fish that was in the water less than an hour before we cleaned it. Back in the '70s it was fresh Utah rainbow trout for breakfast that was swimming 15 minutes earlier.

At least I know my well done steak was wasted.

My dad captained Gulf Stream charters in the '90s and early '00s. I'm used to fish that was in the water less than an hour before we cleaned it. Back in the '70s it was fresh Utah rainbow trout for breakfast that was swimming 15 minutes earlier.
Dad didn't eat anything that tasted "fishy". We did have a Long John's right in town. He tolerated it quite fine. Man...Imma gonna talk myself into a trip to Knightdale.

The next one(s) are still playing in the dirt and are well financed. One or more of them will be along directly.
I have never been much of a fisher or hunter. Not oppossed to it, I just never got to involved with it.

I grew up living for Saturday nights at the the race track and cutting grass to pay my way. There wasnt much time for anything else with school stuff added in.

About the grass cutting, I think it is my alternative to fishing. I think I do my best thinking with sorting out my priorties while cutting a big yard.

already it starts and he don't even know who they hell they are lol.
It doesn't MATTER who they are, time has pretty much proven that if these prospective NASCAR drivers don't get into a stock car at a young age, and start winning pretty early on, they probably aren't going to make it long term, male, female, black, white, three headed Martian, it doesn't matter. The number of drivers in the last 30 years that successfully transitioned to stock cars after age 18-19 can probably counted on a hand or two.

I have never been much of a fisher or hunter. Not oppossed to it, I just never got to involved with it.

I grew up living for Saturday nights at the the race track and cutting grass to pay my way. There wasnt much time for anything else with school stuff added in.

About the grass cutting, I think it is my alternative to fishing. I think I do my best thinking with sorting out my priorties while cutting a big yard.
OK,so fried fescue or St Augustine?

OK,so fried fescue or St Augustine?
It is mostly Bermuda, Fescue, and Weeds in this area. I am much better at cutting the grass than growing it.

We cut down several trees in my backyard a few years ago, and some areas haven't fully recovered from the traffic; the ground is really hard. I may have to plow and seed some areas.

I have a garden tractor with a new mulch kit that I hope will nurture things back into shape over time. I also have a good trailer hitch on it to limit the need to pull the trailer by truck across the yard. Hopefully, it will come together and look a lot better soon.

I prefer to get it done in one shot.
Thatch, bag & plug aerate all in one pass..
Screenshot_20240706_010946_Gallery.jpg

I prefer to get it done in one shot.
Thatch, bag & plug aerate all in one pass..
View attachment 79217
Nice. I have a John Deere X380 garden tractor, 48-inch deck with a 23-hp Kawasaki engine. I purchased it new in 2021 (a birthday gift from my wife)

I considered a zero-turn mower for the speed and would have been happy even with a walk-behind elke setup. But I have some hills that made it less appealing and I wanted to use it to occasionally pull a trailer around the yard.
So I got the more versatile X380, which has a rear end that can be serviced for lubrication changes.
It drives so easily as if it had power steering.

I went with the John Deere after repairing a family member’s John Deere 110 for several years. I don’t know how old that mower is; he purchased it used about 10 or 12 years ago. The owner isn’t mechanically inclined and is hell on the equipment. I have replaced the steering pinion a few times simply because he binds the steering cutting through ditches with low air pressure in the front tires. I have had to cut out tomato cages from beneath the mower for him and have had the cracked deck welded for him due to the abuse. It is insane; he never changes the oil, greases, or even checks the tire pressure. It is still running, so I decided they were a safe brand.

I dont have to deal with snow amd the only attachments I have is sweeper for picking up a massive amount of leaves.
I also have a 4x4 home made utility trailer painted in the green colors.

I wish I had more attachments like a thatcher and even a small scrape. But I think I would have needed a 500 series to handle moving any dirt.

Long post but I will mention my weed eater or wacker as well. I have an Echo 25 or 26cc that is a beast. I use a flat solid head on it with .130 string. It can cut through kudzu and edge a long time before replacing any string.
I used a Shindaiwa for over 20 years and could probably get it back to running if I cleaned up the carburetor and fuel lines. The dealer told me that Echo owned Shindaiwa now and that they were essentially the same.

With the ongoing developments and fish talk wonder if we can make it to 3000 posts even if Logano is filling in each week 😛

Well, as far as stock cars are concerned, we have to get to ONE before we can worry about more than one.
Yeah, I wondered about that one. To me, the bigger question was the one about popularity vs. performance. I think we've just seen how well popularity works. Maybe it's time we returned to performance, regardless of gender or social media standing.

It doesn't MATTER who they are, time has pretty much proven that if these prospective NASCAR drivers don't get into a stock car at a young age, and start winning pretty early on, they probably aren't going to make it long term, male, female, black, white, three headed Martian, it doesn't matter. The number of drivers in the last 30 years that successfully transitioned to stock cars after age 18-19 can probably counted on a hand or two.
Yeah, it has been a complete failure for Larson and Bell. If they had only started racing in stock cars at an early age, no telling how good they would be.

Back
Top Bottom