Deegan Won Again

He has the most starts of any KBM driver ever without a win. That’s pretty bad. Compare his performance to other KBM drivers over the years. Yes this a cutthroat industry, if you don’t perform in the top equipment, you’re out. He has had almost 2 years in the trucks. Also, Custer won his 2nd career Trucks start at age 16 lol

Custer won, but he went through a rough patch as a full-time competitor. It happens, Todd has been slow to the punch. If Texas showed me anything, he has the speed. Now can he finish, the clock is ticking quickly on him. He should have two wins on his books, but the hardest the to do is win that first time. We're all guilty of being premature about things, but looking some it pays to be patient.

Logano won in his second nationwide series start lol. Also had 2 cup wins when labeled a bust. Not the same thing as struggling in the third tier division of nascar. Great example of a strawman argument

This kind of short track racing in which the dump and run is somewhat the norm is not my cup of tea. No, I don't need to hear about what Dale Sr. did. I watched it, and couldn't stand him.

There's nothing I find impressive about it in terms of driving beyond her being willing to stand her ground. That said, as long as she is willing to be on the other side of it going forward, it's fine in this context. She has talent for sure.

Logano won in his second nationwide series start lol. Also had 2 cup wins when labeled a bust. Not the same thing as struggling in the third tier division of nascar. Great example of a strawman argument
1st strawman doesn't have a chance. Post #13

Logano did'n do **** at gibbs he changed teams and became a champion.

hmmm, I wonder if we would be talking about Gilliland making the same move to win a K&N race in Colorado. Ya damn right the sexes are involved. It's one of the few sports where both can go head to head.

I agree but it is a double edged sword. As a female she is going to be talked about more than Gilliland (there probably would not even be a thread up for discussion if was the subject was about him).
It is what it is with advantages and disadvantages. I personally think the extra attention is good, the greater the interest the greater the marketability.

It is also the biggest downside imo. A lot or folks were talking about putting Karsyn Elledge in Cup racing while she was still an elementary school girl. That seems like an incredible amount of pressure for any child to me.

I will stop at that, l am getting confused writing and reading myself.

I agree but it is a double edged sword. As a female she is going to be talked about more than Gilliland (there probably would not even be a thread up for discussion if was the subject was about him).
It is what it is with advantages and disadvantages. I personally think the extra attention is good, the greater the interest the greater the marketability.

It is also the biggest downside imo. A lot or folks were talking about putting Karsyn Elledge in Cup racing while she was still an elementary school girl. That seems like an incredible amount of pressure for any child to me.

Best post

I understand that angle completely. BUT having followed the Deegan clan for many years, like Tiger was on Ed Sullivan show at about 3 foot nothing hitting a golf ball, Halie Deegan cut her teeth at a dirt track driving. Talk about groomed for racing. All this B.S. about racing in lower series, she has been winning off road stuff for years racing the big boys.

Deegan began riding dirt bikes at age seven[1] and began racing at the age of eight, running in off-road series. She eventually competed in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series, where she became the first female to win a championship, doing so in the 2013 Junior 2 Karts season.[3][4][5] Deegan became the Modified Kart Regional Champion in 2015 and became the Modified Kart National Champion the following year.[6] She was also named 2016 Lucas Oil Off Road Driver of the Year.[7] She continued to race full-time in the Pro Lite division of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series in 2017.[8]

Gilliland is a great example of that. You don't see any threads about him.

Well Kevin harvick did his part to get her some attention on pre race .

Kyle Busch essentially said Todd gilliland is a bust. After dominating the west series. You guys are insane here. Ever drove a go cart at a go cart track? All the carts are not as fast. Some of the the carts have wore out engines, some have damage to the alignment others have both. God could not run as fast as the faster carts if they were driving the slow carts. The west series is the same deal. There are 5 cars that can win in the west series! 2 mcanally cars and 3 bruncati cars. The 3 bruncati cars are only winning if the 2 mcanally cars have problems. Love hearing everyone spout off about what they think they know when they don’t follow the series. How awesome is the win when the hauler driver could have won? This is the same reason Eric Jones isn’t being ousted from the 20 car. Bell winnnig all those races against slow cars, big whoop

Derek Kraus did nothing wrong on the Restart. There was no reason for payback even if he did go little wide.

But Deegan then got inside position going into the turn because Derek didn't close that door -- Deegan wasn't going to back out and Derek spun himself by putting his nose into the turn when his ass was pointed out as Deegan asserted her inside position and drove thru.

That is good hard racing. I don't see a controversy other than the usual hurt feelings of short track racing.

It was impressive, congrats to her

When I interviewed Karsyn, I got the impression she wanted a television career more than a Cup career. But that was a few years ago too.

Gotta love the way driving skills gets dumbed down by a few. Racing is tougher than that, you just don't throw any civilian in and win races, even with a superior car.
She won't get any respect from this board until she's won more than 100 Cup races. Maybe even not then. If you don't dominate, you suck. If you do dominate, it's because you have the best car/crew and/or are cheating. that's the way this board works. Why I've cut way back on posting. Bunch of know-it-all posers here.

Good for her. I love how she doesn't take sh!t from the guys. You go, Hailie.:punkrocke

I don't look at these incidents/finishes in a vacuum, where dumping somebody for the win is either always okay or always wrong no matter what. I look at it on a case by case basis.

Derek bumped Hailie for the win, so she repaid the favor and took the win right back. Whether or not Derek retaliates in the future is up to him, but either way, it's all good. As for people's general perception of the incident, I think it was pretty much a potential no-win situation for Hailie either way. Had she just rolled over and lost the race, some folks would have said she's weak or whatever. She did the opposite, and some folks are crying foul.

Sounds like standard short track/stock car racing fare to me.

NASCAR & Monster are marketing her wins. People know. Hence this thread.
I think what @Charlie Spencer was getting at is that the K&N wins won’t generate much buzz outside of motorsports circles since it’s a lower-tier series.

Even though her results weren’t great, Danica got a lot of coverage from the mainstream sports media because she competed in Indy Car and at the Cup level in NASCAR, two premier series’. It will happen for Hailie too as she works her way up through the ranks.

Gotta love the way driving skills gets dumbed down by a few. Racing is tougher than that, you just don't throw any civilian in and win races, even with a superior car.
Both DW and Gordon commended her decision and backed up that is the way some short track races are won.

Those opinions really trump any basement dweller’s.

Drivers in the best cars who don’t win are criticized because “best equipment”.

Drivers in the best cars who do win races are criticized for the same reason.

In this case, misogyny keeps jumping into my head.

You've hit the nail on the head. It's misogyny that I think Todd is a bust. Great detective work

Well you're the first one that brought it up so maybe you're feeling guilty :p

NASCAR & Monster are marketing her wins. People know. Hence this thread.

Dang right, there is interest there
Both DW and Gordon commended her decision and backed up that is the way some short track races are won.

Those opinions really trump any basement dweller’s.
my opinion is I am hoping she gets into the trucks and more crow feathers will fly.

I don't look at these incidents/finishes in a vacuum, where dumping somebody for the win is either always okay or always wrong no matter what. I look at it on a case by case basis.

Derek bumped Hailie for the win, so she repaid the favor and took the win right back. Whether or not Derek retaliates in the future is up to him, but either way, it's all good. As for people's general perception of the incident, I think it was pretty much a potential no-win situation for Hailie either way. Had she just rolled over and lost the race, some folks would have said she's weak or whatever. She did the opposite, and some folks are crying foul.

Sounds like standard short track/stock car racing fare to me.
Yeah, Hailie got run over a couple of weeks ago and said she had learnt her lesson....guys were being asses because she is a girl.
Good on her I say.

also toyota loves her.i think she will do good,if they take it slow

Bottom line, the good ole "bump and run" has been around as long as I can remember. I could care less about the gender of the driver. If you can touch the leader, then it's up to you if you think it's worth it or not. Could it come back to bite you someday? Probably so. Most drivers have looooong memories. Y'all remember a few short years ago at Martinsville when Kenseth extracted a little "pay back" from Logano? That's racin'. If Almarilo ever has his nose in close proximity to Austin Dillon on a last lap somewhere, well I don't think it would shock Austin if he got turned.....just racin'.

Good for her. I love how she doesn't take sh!t from the guys. You go, Hailie.:punkrocke

I just saw that on Facebook. I like this chick, but she's developing a reputation and I hope she can take it the way she's given it.

I mean, three times now, her patented winning manuever has been to use the front bumper.

Last edited:
Come back to me when she has a legitimate result in K&N East or ARCA this year.

I like her, I don't mind aggressive driving, but this is the West Series and we've seen this with a lot of winners in the West Series in the 2000s without much advancement.

Oh **** :eek::eek::eek::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

62511496_10161938107105128_5995538688950403072_o.jpg

The Female Intimidator. I approve wholeheartedly.

Bottom line, the good ole "bump and run" has been around as long as I can remember. I could care less about the gender of the driver. If you can touch the leader, then it's up to you if you think it's worth it or not. Could it come back to bite you someday? Probably so. Most drivers have looooong memories. Y'all remember a few short years ago at Martinsville when Kenseth extracted a little "pay back" from Logano? That's racin'. If Almarilo ever has his nose in close proximity to Austin Dillon on a last lap somewhere, well I don't think it would shock Austin if he got turned.....just racin'.
What Kenseth did has nothing to do with any type of racing. That is/was a BS move by a spoiled rich man who is done racing. Very similar as what Gordon did.

Back
Top Bottom