Dirt Late Models 2022

I thought it was the opposite. Thought Lucas had it but WOO didn't? Doesn't matter. All the same everywhere now.

WoO adopted it for 2020 and at the time Lucas didn't, not sure what has gone down since.

Larson be backing up.

Richards started 21st. Up to 9th. I swear he said Shepard earlier.

Moran just passed him in traffic.

Last edited:
I like Moran, nice to see him win. Larson struggles early and rallies to finish a strong third, was right on Sheppard but couldn't quite make the pass work. I remember when I had to explain to some that Larson racing late models wasn't a step down.

Pretty good track, a lot better than what we saw last week with WoO at Volusia, but tough to pass on up front because of how rough the bottom was in 1 and 2.

Really strong run for Richards. Hopefully that continues for him. McCreadie looked good too.

@MRM, you seem to be in the know, are you hearing anything about the Bowyer ride? Are they done? I'm a bit surprised how quiet they have been. After Richards left, the team put out a release saying that they were not closing up shop and they were planning to announce a driver to run this year.

@MRM, you seem to be in the know, are you hearing anything about the Bowyer ride? Are they done? I'm a bit surprised how quiet they have been. After Richards left, the team put out a release saying that they were not closing up shop and they were planning to announce a driver to run this year.
Harry Gant isn't busy.

Lucas is running tonight like a storm is coming. Feature about to start.

Glad I saw this, I was counting on it being a later show. Track was in great racing shape with battles all over. Almost got interesting at the end with Moran and O'Neal closing back in on Overton.

Good race tonight, wasn't for sure who was going to win that one for awhile.

I thought Devin was poised to get around Overton before that caution. Good race, Larson with another third, hopefully he is enjoying the challenge these guys are presenting.

This second B-Main is loaded with good cars. Some guys will have to race a lot harder than others based on who has series provisionals to use.

Hunt The Front didn't make it. 3rd in first B main. This car is a 2018 with Draime engine they ran/hurt at Eldora. Lots of their fans been screaming about how the Draime was better than the SB2 that's still out getting freshened. This IS their first race of 2022. Be there next couple races. Have a guy on their YouTube channel that claims the SB2 is junk. Said he ran one back in 2000 and it weighed 60lbs more than regular small block. Both aluminum. I think their SB2 is a 2012 version? I suspect the guy had a very early version. The SB2 was designed as a NASCAR spec'd 358. The version they running is 440 cu.in. Be nice if they could get a motor sponsor to supply a modern wide-bore engine like everyone else is running.

Not much of a race, huh?

Wasn't bad at all. Track was solid, a lot of comers and goers from third back. Was interesting how much Sheppard faded before climbing back to third.

I thought Moran had him on the last lap, but for some reason he got into 3 and 4 way too hot. Looked like he missed the cushion and then was barely hanging on before the contact. Don't think McCreadie did anything wrong, especially after he lifted for Moran in 1 and 2. I like both of them, good battle for the win.

Wasn't bad at all. Track was solid, a lot of comers and goers from third back. Was interesting how much Sheppard faded before climbing back to third.

I thought Moran had him on the last lap, but for some reason he got into 3 and 4 way too hot. Looked like he missed the cushion and then was barely hanging on before the contact. Don't think McCreadie did anything wrong, especially after he lifted for Moran in 1 and 2. I like both of them, good battle for the win.
Was supposed to be sarcasm.

They installed a new style Stop-Tech brake set-up on the car that has floating rotors. First night. Didn't get something quite right. I keep screaming at them about doing a voltage drop test at the starter but they ignore me because I'm a Democrat. They ain't. They killing a starter about every 3 races. Something ain't right.

somebody said it's the asphalt still under the dirt causing problems.

Interesting. Didn't know is had pavement under the dirt. I'm sure not impressed with this track.
They've been dirt most of its life but did have a period of asphalt

They've been dirt most of its life but did have a period of asphalt
68 years is a great run

Back
Top Bottom