Dodge?

I don't buy that w/o factory backing part, and there is something else strange about that too if you stop and think about it.

Couldn't they run the old style, like the Zombie Dodge teams? I mean, we had Dodge's on the track this year, just without any factory backing.
For many reason's no, the difference between the Charger and the Challenger is the Challenger's NASCAR version body is current with the body style in the showroom, the 2013 and 2017 Chargers are not the same body styling. And I believe NASCAR has rules in place that say bodies used must be current with the production version, but I am just guessing since I dont have a NASCAR rule book in front of me.

For many reason's no, the difference between the Charger and the Challenger is the Challenger's NASCAR version body is current with the body style in the showroom, the 2013 and 2017 Chargers are not the same body styling. And I believe NASCAR has rules in place that say bodies used must be current with the production version, but I am just guessing since I dont have a NASCAR rule book in front of me.

Thanks. I'd forgotten that the only "Zombie Dodge" teams were in the lower series'.

Wasn't there a year where people were running Intrepids and Chargers? I remember Penske going back and forth for some reason.

The year the COT was being used part-time (2007), Dodge was labeling the COT cars Avenger and the Gen 4 cars Charger. Then when the COT went full-time in 2008, they went back to Charger branding.

Was it the same year they introduced the COT in a number of races? I think the first Dodge COT was stickered as an Avenger.

For some reason, I am remembering this being pre-COT.

AMS.Start.384.jpg

It looks like it was 2006.

It was 2005. NASCAR approved the plans for the Charger and the teams went ahead, Then just after Christmas 2004 NASCAR changed a rule and it basically screwed the Dodge effort for 2005. Teams switched back and forth until Dodge said no more. It was a front end height rule I think. Made the car undrivable in traffic,

Can you imagine the #3 racing on anything other than a chevy? The old guard would flip out. Dodge would want someone that has an engine shop and RCR fits that bill, but now that SHR is a Ford team it clears the way for RCR to potentially move up to the #2 chevy team. I wonder if they'd give that up to be the #1 Dodge team?

I didn't think that the #4 would ever be a Ford so don't ask me....

In 2001 every telephone pole in Daytona had a Red Dodge flag on it.

At this point, whether or not Dodge returns to NASCAR remains an open question, but in an exclusive interview with FOXSports.com, the man who once ran the company’s NASCAR operation said he would like to see it happen.

Bob Wildberger, who served as Dodge’s senior manager of NASCAR operations when the automaker came back in the sport in 2001 (it left after 2012), told FOXSports.com Tuesday that if Dodge came back to NASCAR it would be win-win-win for the automaker, the sanctioning body and for race fans.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...mobiles-120616?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

Miller has sponsored Pontiacs, Fords, and Dodges. (and Olds, and Buicks too!)

Bud has sponsored Chevys, Fords, and briefly a Dodge.

Coors has sponsored all of the above.

I would LOVE to see Coors come back as a primary sponsor.

Miller has sponsored Pontiacs, Fords, and Dodges. (and Olds, and Buicks too!)

Bud has sponsored Chevys, Fords, and briefly a Dodge.

Coors has sponsored all of the above.

I would LOVE to see Coors come back as a primary sponsor.

I believe that Coors is now owned by the parent company of Miller so that's not likely. Though Brad could bust out the Silver Bullet for the Darlington race.

In Bev is acquiring SAB Miller, but is agreeing to sell it's 58% share in Miller Coors (for regulatory approval).

I'm a beer nerd and even I have a hard time keeping up with this deal.
Yeah...... it's a pretty complicated deal to understand and remember...... all the monopoly and Sherman antitrust laws and such.......

It was 2005. NASCAR approved the plans for the Charger and the teams went ahead, Then just after Christmas 2004 NASCAR changed a rule and it basically screwed the Dodge effort for 2005. Teams switched back and forth until Dodge said no more. It was a front end height rule I think. Made the car undrivable in traffic,
In 2004, they were running Dodge Dodges, there was no mention of Intrepid , they had a none Intrepid nose/headlight decals, but they did have Intrepid tail light decals.

A question for the board: Isn't it just as interesting and more relevant to follow team rivalries as opposed to manufacturers that don't actually manufacture anything on the spec car Nascar uses?

A question for the board: Isn't it just as interesting and more relevant to follow team rivalries as opposed to manufacturers that don't actually manufacture anything on the spec car Nascar uses?
Interest, like beauty, is in the eye of the beer holder.

Besides, team rivalries seem to be few and far between. The media tries to build something out of every dust-up and argy-bargy (liked that, didn't ya?), but the hype lasts longer than any actual ill will. Usually one guy calls the other and they claim everything's good, at least until Bristol or Martinsville.

Interest, like beauty, is in the eye of the beer holder.

Besides, team rivalries seem to be few and far between. The media tries to build something out of every dust-up and argy-bargy (liked that, didn't ya?), but the hype lasts longer than any actual ill will. Usually one guy calls the other and they claim everything's good, at least until Bristol or Martinsville.

I did like it and in fact liked it a lot. I agree that when drivers get into a barney nothing becomes of it and often times all parties look foolish.

The way I see it I am much more enamored with teams like the #2, #4, #48 and all the JGR cars sans the #78 then I am about what decal adorns the car they are driving. As near as I can tell the manufacturer's job is to primarily to provide the dosh so their teams of choice can use it in the way that benefits them. To me the manufacturer looks like smoke and mirrors.

And I think Inbev..... which bought Anheuser Busch ....... has bought Miller......
In Bev is acquiring SAB Miller, but is agreeing to sell it's 58% share in Miller Coors (for regulatory approval).
I'm a beer nerd and even I have a hard time keeping up with this deal.
MillerCoors is a alcoholic beverage brewing and marketing company which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Molson Coors. The company produces Miller Lite, Miller High Life, Miller Genuine Draft, Coors, Coors Light, Molson Canadian, Leinenkugel's, Crispin Hard Cider Company, Saint Archer Brewing Company, Hop Valley Brewing Company, and Blue Moon. The company also brews brands of beer that are owned by Pabst Brewing Company. The company is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. [3]

MillerCoors brews, markets and sells the MillerCoors portfolio of brands in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. MillerCoors is the second-largest beer company in the United States, capturing nearly 30% of U.S. beer sales. MillerCoors operates eight major breweries in the U.S., as well as the Leinenkugel’s craft brewery in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, and three microbreweries: the 10th Street Brewery in Milwaukee, Terrapin Beer Co. in Athens, GA and the Blue Moon Brewing Company at Coors Field in Denver.

MillerCoors was announced as a joint venture between SABMiller and Molson Coors in October 2007 [5] and was approved by regulators on June 5, 2008. The venture was completed on June 30, 2008 and MillerCoors began operation on July 1, 2008.[6]
On September 14, 2015, Miller Coors announced that it would shut down its Eden, NC brewery in September 2016 due to declining corporate sales. The company has newer plants in Virginia and Georgia that will serve the Eden plant's distribution area.[7]
In May 2016, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that Pabst Brewing Company and Blue Ribbon Intermediate Holdings filed a lawsuit because Pabst wanted to continue making its beers in Eden.[8]
In September 2015, MillerCoors parent company SABMiller agreed to be bought by Belgian beer giant Anheuser-Busch InBev. To gain regulatory approval, Anheuser-Busch InBev sold SABMiller's 58% stake in MillerCoors to Molson Coors.[9]
On October 11, 2016, the merger was completed and MillerCoors became wholly owned by the Molson Coors brewing Company.[10]

Back
Top Bottom