Dodge?

Are you saying Penske would back to Dodge?

So what im gathering RFR into Penske and then Penske to Dodge....because Ford can only fork up enough money to support one team...because a company who profits Billions cant spend a few extra millions on marketing.
No, I am not saying that, Penske is staying with Ford.

I don't.

Does that disqualify me from posting? I think not.
Well, consider believing it, I was told pretty much the same thing minus the part about RFR being bought out by another team, the info on RFR came from source that told me what team will be heading up Dodge's return.

Ok, let me see if I can lay this out a little bit plainer for you. On the Dodge front, I have been a member of one of the longest running Petty fan communities on the 'net. Obviously, most of us have a soft spot for Dodge. One of my fellow posters asked his dealer what he thought of the rumors seeing as how the dealers played a large role in 2001. The dealer told him that they were hearing that there would be some kind of presence next year. Now is that trucks? XFin? Cup? I don't know but something is in the works. The only thing I take from this is we are not talking about if anymore but when.

Secondly, on the RFR rumor. This one I would take more serious. It comes from a former manufacturer engineer now retired who met with some former colleagues. They shared with him that RFR was on thin ice that Penske was prepared to buy up the assets and turn Penske into a four-car team. That's as good as I can spell it out. Please keep in mind these are rumors. Time will tell if they play out.

Well, consider believing it, I was told pretty much the same thing minus the part about RFR being bought out by another team, the info on RFR came from source that told me what team will be heading up Dodge's return.
I'll wait, but thanks.

I'll wait, but thanks.
Only thing any of us can do to find out if these "rumors" are true.

So that means you wont believe me when a say what team will be heading up Dodge's return either I suppose:laugh:

Only thing any of us can do to find out if these "rumors" are true.

So that means you wont believe me when a say what team will be heading up Dodge's return either I suppose:laugh:
No, that's not what it means.

One rumor at a time. Each of which stands on its own merit ... or not.

No, that's not what it means.

One rumor at a time. Each of which stands on its own merit ... or not.
If we go by the one rumor at a time, wouldnt it be fitting for the Dodge rumor to get the priority, since this is the Dodge thread?

See, you did it again. The Piers Morgan voice is perfect, I can't believe I didn't think of that before.
Were it not for dissenting opinion, you'd have everyone here convinced that "People in Charlotte who are close to Earnhardt know he's much worse than he's letting on" ... or words to that effect.

If I choose to post contrary to the latest rumor, I will do so.

Were it not for dissenting opinion, you'd have everyone here convinced that "People in Charlotte who are close to Earnhardt know he's much worse than he's letting on" ... or words to that effect.

Hahahahaha if you only knew who those words had come from.

Ugh, I hope it's not Penske going Dodge again. Mustangs get you way better performance for the dollar than chargers or challengers and I don't want to spend a ton. Plus I hear FCA reliability is junk. That and the challenger just looks bad in white 'n blue...
I'm missing something here. How does what Dodge puts on the track cause you to spend anything?

I'm missing something here. How does what Dodge puts on the track cause you to spend anything?

Do you buy DeWalt tools since your favorite driver is sponsored by them? It's kinda like that except a bigger purchase:

3.jpg

Now, it would be a bit problematic if I were to buy my street-legal dream car version and Penske were to suddenly switch to dodge.

What the hell, this is what I got.

Dodge is currently say within a half of year a out from a making a final decision on their returning, I asked how soon if they do and as a guess, 2018, but that was just a guess from my source. I not going to name the team that will be lead Dodge team right this moment, but I will narrow it down for you , it wont be a Ford or Toyota switching , and its not a new team, this team will be also be doing the engine program for Dodge, with 100% support from FCA.

I ran this by our resident insider last month and just waiting on him to see if he can confirm any of it, not that I dont trust my source.

What the hell, this is what I got.

Dodge is currently say within a half of year a out from a making a final decision on their returning, I asked how soon if they do and as a guess, 2018, but that was just a guess from my source.

Thanks for sharing. So this is still in the "if" stage not the "when" stage then? I guess all this speculation could be for not.

Obviously he can't tell you... I don't understand why you guys are also so, "WHO SAID IT, WHY DID THEY SAY IT, YOU'RE FULL OF sh!t!".

If you don't want to believe the man then don't. There ARE a few of us, contrary to the beliefs of a many, that know people in the industry in one way or another. Rumors and snippets of leaked info go around all the time. But he's not going to out his contact and fax you the contact's social security number, place of employment, and home address just for your verification. Believe him or don't.

I agree as some of the things are either unknown or can't be said and like you said if you want to believe it that is fine and if not that is OK too but there is no reason to get the third degree over it.

Hahahahaha if you only knew who those words had come from.
I will soldier on in ignorance.

If RCR switches to Dodge someplace just froze over. Of course that is assuming it has thawed since Nov. 8th.

I can see RCR, Germain.and Petty moving to Dodge.

Other Rumor as a Ford fan id be totally fine with the 6 & 17 moving to Penske.

Tell you what, I am as big a Penske fan as anybody, I am a fan of Brad as he gave Dodge its last title. I even had close family that worked as the engine tuner on the 22 in 2015, believe me, or don't I don't care. But the point of the post is this Penske does not play well with others, he forces them out. Prior to '03, the Dodge one team concept was working well. It was three teams deep and even PE had some chances to win races. Andretti had a couple at Bristol and Jerry Nadeau had Sonoma in the bag until mechanical failure took it from him. Penske comes on board and he slowly but surely blows the one team concept up. Fast forward to now, and he has done the same at Ford. Two years ago the 43 is a chase car and now they are struggling to field one car. Roush has gone from being the standard bearer to being this close to selling and walking away. Anywhere Penske is, is not the place to be.

Tell you what, I am as big a Penske fan as anybody, I am a fan of Brad as he gave Dodge its last title. I even had close family that worked as the engine tuner on the 22 in 2015, believe me, or don't I don't care. But the point of the post is this Penske does not play well with others, he forces them out. Prior to '03, the Dodge one team concept was working well. It was three teams deep and even PE had some chances to win races. Andretti had a couple at Bristol and Jerry Nadeau had Sonoma in the bag until mechanical failure took it from him. Penske comes on board and he slowly but surely blows the one team concept up. Fast forward to now, and he has done the same at Ford. Two years ago the 43 is a chase car and now they are struggling to field one car. Roush has gone from being the standard bearer to being this close to selling and walking away. Anywhere Penske is, is not the place to be.
Penske is to blame for poor performance at Roush? It seems to me that Jack's problems started long before Penske switched to Ford. I guess Stewart-Haas will have to keep one eye on what Roger is up to.

Did your family member work for Roush-Yates?

No, he was a Penske employee. Each team employs their own tuners to tweak their engine. Although Doug is always on call so to speak.

I think your underlying thesis that Penske's organization is not the best collaborator is likely true, but you're running wild with it to blame the downfall of all of those organizations on that. Whether it's Evernham, Petty, Roush, or Dodge itself, their failure in NASCAR is far more due to a much tougher economy, their own business shortcomings, and the difficulty of competing with Toyota's rise and GM's entrenched dominance.

Last edited:
I think Dodge's return will be similar to last time. Ganassi and Petty make the switch, and are joined by a new team (Evernham last time, maybe Andretti this time).

I don't see Hendrick or Childress switching manufacturers at any point.

I think your underlying thesis that Penske's organization is not the best collaborator is likely true, but you're running wild with it to blame the downfall of all of those organizations on that. Whether it's Evernham, Petty, Roush, or Dodge itself, their failure in NASCAR is far more due to a much tougher economy, their own business shortcomings, and the difficulty of competing with Toyota's rise and GM's entrenched dominance.
You are 100 % correct but there is no denying you don't ask Penske for help because you won't get it unless you put his driver in your car.

I think Dodge's return will be similar to last time. Ganassi and Petty make the switch, and are joined by a new team (Evernham last time, maybe Andretti this time).

I don't think there is any question RPM switches. They have been whispered to have wanted out of their Ford deal ever since SHR was announced, but lets be real here. The King is 79 yrs old, just had to downsize only has Smithfield back on a one year deal with Smithfield holding an option for '18. So RPM is kind of backs against wall in '17 so '18 may not matter.

Do you buy DeWalt tools since your favorite driver is sponsored by them? ...
I'll buy DeWalt only if that's the last tie-breaking criteria. Otherwise, I buy whatever offers the features I want for the least money. I'm sure not going to ditch any tools and buy new ones just because Matt switches to a Craftsman sponsorship.

I had to replace a cordless drill last month. I wound up with a B&D. I didn't need the power of a 1/2", certainly didn't need to pay the difference between a 1/2" and a 3/8", and Lowe's and HD didn't carry a 3/8" DeWalt. Also, the B&D used the same battery and recharger as a weed whacker I already owned.

Please tell me you're joking, and that what a race car driver sits in doesn't play a major role in your auto buying decisions.

Last edited:

I remember Andretti putting out feelers a few years ago. Anybody remember what manufacturer was mentioned, if any?

Any talk about new teams has to consider if / where the charters will come from.

Back
Top Bottom