Dodge?

jayski.....

Evernham Supports Dodge Return: Ray Evernham believes a return by Dodge to NASCAR competition would be good for the sport. Earlier this month at the Ferrari Finali Mondiali at Daytona International Speedway, officials from the manufacturer hinted in recent days that Chrysler was considering coming back to NASCAR racing after stepping away in 2012. The possibility triggered much buzz around the NASCAR world including with Evernham, who fielded a two car Cup team between 2001-2007 before departing as a team owner. After Evernham closed his doors, Dodge continued in the sport until the end of the 2012 season when the manufacturer's business challenges forced an exit from NASCAR competition. If Dodge were to return, Evernham believes it would be a good thing for NASCAR. "To me the more manufacturers that come in it shows that NASCAR can provide a global environment, a global opportunity for any manufacturer," Evernham said. "Hopefully Dodge will come back again. You can't fault them because they had financial issues. The fact that they are looking to come back says they never really wanted to leave. The more manufacturers that put money into this sport and make our racing economy better, if you will, is better for everybody." Although Evernham remains proud of the effort his team gave under the Dodge umbrella and wishes success to a future should the manufacturer come back to NASCAR. "There isn't anything better for NASCAR to remain healthy and grow stronger than participation from the automobile manufacturers," he said. "Dodge has a long history in the sport and I'm sure they'd like nothing more than to be able to come back and add to that history. I'm hoping it happens."

I don't see any team going with Dodge UNLESS they have a charter and I mean own the charter.

The more manufacturers the better. But I don't see any real news until 2018. Deals this big take lots of time to create.

Rumors say Dodge 2018 is likely, and RFR is likely to be absorbed into Penske in the near future,
This goes along with what I was told too, that RFR may not be around a lot longer, the part about RFR being absorbed into Penske is new though and I had not heard that part.
It makes a lot of sense that SHR is now in the Ford camp, as they are basically going to be the next RFR.

I have some on info on Dodge , but I am waiting on Allenbaba to get back with me before I say anything more( he is trying to verify the info that I have that came from someone within FCA)

@Team Penske , you would be correct( hint hint)

How does one "absorb" a fully operational, multi-million dollar going concern, half of which is the property of the people who own the Boston Red Sox?

Contacts on the inside of what?

I have no idea whether this is based on anything real or not. Theoretically, we have seen several struggling NASCAR teams 'merge' with other teams in deals that were little more than fire sales and cashouts, and some had complicated ownership structures. Think of Petty and Gillet Evernham and Yates all becoming one within a year back in 2009-10. It's certainly possible this is where RFR will end up, I don't know.

I have no idea whether this is based on anything real or not. Theoretically, we have seen several struggling NASCAR teams 'merge' with other teams in deals that were little more than fire sales and cashouts, and some had complicated ownership structures. Think of Petty and Gillet Evernham and Yates all becoming one within a year back in 2009-10. It's certainly possible this is where RFR will end up, I don't know.
Think of the amalgamation of Ganassi, Sabates, and Earnhardt.

This goes along with what I was told too, that RFR may not be around a lot longer, the part about RFR being absorbed into Penske is new though and I had not heard that part.
It makes a lot of sense that SHR is now in the Ford camp, as they are basically going to be the next RFR.

I have some on info on Dodge , but I am waiting on Allenbaba to get back with me before I say anything more( he is trying to verify the info that I have that came from someone within FCA)
https://racing-forums.com/members/allenbaba.7258/
@Team Penske , you would be correct( hint hint)

Are you saying Penske would back to Dodge?

So what im gathering RFR into Penske and then Penske to Dodge....because Ford can only fork up enough money to support one team...because a company who profits Billions cant spend a few extra millions on marketing.

Are you saying Penske would back to Dodge?

So what im gathering RFR into Penske and then Penske to Dodge....because Ford can only fork up enough money to support one team...because a company who profits Billions cant spend a few extra millions on marketing.
It's Ford's money; it's their option to choose how they spend it.

Regardless of what may happen in NASCAR, Jack Roush has plenty of other ties to Ford that won't be going away.

How does one "absorb" a fully operational, multi-million dollar going concern, half of which is the property of the people who own the Boston Red Sox?

Obviously he can't tell you... I don't understand why you guys are also so, "WHO SAID IT, WHY DID THEY SAY IT, YOU'RE FULL OF ****!".

If you don't want to believe the man then don't. There ARE a few of us, contrary to the beliefs of a many, that know people in the industry in one way or another. Rumors and snippets of leaked info go around all the time. But he's not going to out his contact and fax you the contact's social security number, place of employment, and home address just for your verification. Believe him or don't.

Obviously he can't tell you... I don't understand why you guys are also so, "WHO SAID IT, WHY DID THEY SAY IT, YOU'RE FULL OF sh!t!".

If you don't want to believe the man then don't. There ARE a few of us, contrary to the beliefs of a many, that know people in the industry in one way or another. Rumors and snippets of leaked info go around all the time. But he's not going to out his contact and fax you the contact's social security number, place of employment, and home address just for your verification. Believe him or don't.
I don't.

Does that disqualify me from posting? I think not.

Obviously he can't tell you... I don't understand why you guys are also so, "WHO SAID IT, WHY DID THEY SAY IT, YOU'RE FULL OF sh!t!".

I'll weigh in as someone who questioned Robert much earlier in this discussion.

At that time Robert was a new member. Well, an old one under a new name with a fresh membership date.I didn't think there was anything out of line with asking a new user for some verification, esp. one who claimed to have inside contacts. I recall Robert didn't see take any offense to my asking. And I don't see anything offensive about asking for additional information when it's apparent it's there. If the poster has to say he can't elaborate at this time, so be it.

I admit that anyone attempting to perpetrate a hoax here is likely going to say whatever he or she thinks the membership will find acceptable. On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to ask the first time. Legit posters claiming insider status usually expect a question or two. And sometimes you just have to go with your gut. The use of an apparently 'real' name earns points, as does his method of expressing himself. If he's a 14-year-old using the school library's computers, he's doing a reasonable job of pulling the wool over my eyes. Sooner or later, we usually figure out when someone is full of $#!+. Any adult pulling a scam like this would be better served taking his con job skills somewhere he can profit from them; Congress, maybe.

2018 would be great if Dodge could make it back that soon. Let's get the Hellcat on the track somehow!
I drive a RAM so I would selfishly love to see those in the truck series again!
Also, it would be a huge break for Mopar.
Can't wait until an official announcement is made.

Shut down the racing team and Penske buys out Jack and becomes partners with Yates in the engine business.

Shut down the racing team and Penske buys out Jack and becomes partners with Yates in the engine business.

Ugh, I hope it's not Penske going Dodge again. Mustangs get you way better performance for the dollar than chargers or challengers and I don't want to spend a ton. Plus I hear FCA reliability is junk. That and the challenger just looks bad in white 'n blue...

Back
Top Bottom