Dogecoin and reddit targeting JR in the most popular driver award

[–]Josh Wisedogedriver 14 points 4 hours ago

No not getting /r/gaming to sponsor! I am just trying to give reddit communities something to cheer for which in turn helps us find sponsors! So thankful for what you a have done so far! Please any ideas would be great, I am all ears. The more support we can get with our little team, the more likely we are to get funding which in the end will help us run better which is REALLY what I care about! IRacing is doing a pretty cool deal with us next week and we are just trying to get momentum from all of this. It gives this underdog and his team a light at the end if the tunnel to chase!

[–]Wisebullet50000 3 points 4 hours ago

Was it honestly just a "do you want us to mention you on the car?" thing?

• parent
  • give gold
  • [–]Josh Wisedogedriver 10 points 2 hours ago

Yeah absolutely!

We want people engaged with our team, feeling like you are a part of it! We need support and what better way to generate that then adding your interests to the car schemes?

Being a smaller team, we can have fun with some things like this :)

Screw all you haters, Josh Wise is doing more for the sport in getting new blood than Jr and Danica are now. Sure Danica brought some new fans to the sports, and Jr is doing his best to hold onto his Daddy's fans, but Josh is actively pursuing more people to come check out the sport.

FWIW, Danica is valuable, not only as a driver but also from a marketing standpoint. IMO, sure, she's an underdog talent-wise, but not only is she the only girl out there, she's also the fastest girl out there. She appeals to a broad demographic.
Seriously, I'm really only bagging on Wise because of all of the hype, and because of a few tactless posters here on RF.
In reality though, IMO, Wise, at 31 years old, does not bring anything substantial to the the table as a racecar driver or from a marketing standpoint. He's just another one of the guys running in the back of the pack.
Take Travis Pastrana, for example. Not much in the talent department as a NASCAR driver, but certainly marketable with the fan crossover from X-Games.
I just don't see Josh Wise having any real value from a team owner perspective.
Danica isn't going anywhere. She has the full support of GoDaddy and a large number of fans so her job isn't jeopardy. Wise bringing in some more fans and dollars isn't to the detriment of anyone, I don't think. The entry lists prove that teams aren't exactly beating down the door to get into Cup races at the moment.

I think the reason that some people are upset about this, is because most if not all that voted for Wise, are not now, and never will be, racing fans. I don't think people that are into social media care about Nascar. The social media that surrounds Nascar, are racing fans that have adopted social media, not the other way around. Social media mentality is mob mentality. We can do whatever we want, and because there are so many of us, we can't be stopped. It no longer matters if the cause is just, all that matters is that we can stuff anything we want down your throat, and there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe B.France will think things through a little better before he makes any decisions. What seemed like a small, unimportant decision, has become a monster out of his control. I have been greatly impacted by this. Never have I been so entertained by something that, in the grand scheme of things, means absolutely nothing. I hope B.France gets as much of an education in how to make good decisions, as how much humor I have gotten from this. I just can't wait for the next "unintended consequence".

I don't believe Josh was the one that actively pursued reddit. My understanding was that it was a reddit user that rallied the reddit community.

Yeah Unicorn_Butt_Sex. My point was that he has now embraced it, and it moving it forward. He doesn't have to log onto Reddit every day and mingle with fans.

most if not all that voted for Wise, are not now, and never will be, racing fans.
There's really no way you could possibly know that for sure.

No one had any issue with it when Dogecoin was on his car at Dega... it was great back then.... up until they out voted the Danica fans and threatened his highness Dale Jr's popularity contest. Now it's a huge deal.... :rolleyes:

So sorry if I don't buy into any argument stating otherwise. It is what it is. It's easy to figure out.. the timeline works perfectly..

Dogecoin sponsorship- "Yaaay!"

Fan vote - "Huh?!"

MPD Attempt Announcement - :windows:

Whew, I'm glad I don't either! :D

Lol, come on you don't have to be afraid I can hold your hand through the process. :D Honestly Reddit isn't a bad place. It is just an online community for people to get together to chat about different subjects they all enjoy. Just like this place, but bigger, and more uncensored. The one thing I love about Reddit is people don't get their panties in a wad over stupid comments. Well okay they do, but at least you don't have to worry about be censored over stupid crap.

Lol, come on you don't have to be afraid I can hold your hand through the process. :D Honestly Reddit isn't a bad place. It is just an online community for people to get together to chat about different subjects they all enjoy. Just like this place, but bigger, and more uncensored. The one thing I love about Reddit is people don't get their panties in a wad over stupid comments. Well okay they do, but at least you don't have to worry about be censored over stupid crap.
Never going to happen, man. This forum is as social media as I get.

There's really no way you could possibly know that for sure.

No one had any issue with it when Dogecoin was on his car at Dega... it was great back then.... up until they out voted the Danica fans and threatened his highness Dale Jr's popularity contest. Now it's a huge deal.... :rolleyes:

So sorry if I don't buy into any argument stating otherwise. It is what it is. It's easy to figure out.. the timeline works perfectly..

Dogecoin sponsorship- "Yaaay!"

Fan vote - "Huh?!"

MPD Attempt Announcement - :windows:

Yep that statement by Yogisd1 was as false as they come. I wish people here would head on over to r/Nascar and see that their are race fans cheering for Josh.

Never going to happen, man. This forum is as social media as I get.
Well there's your problem. You refuse to embrace the 21st century.

Until you've utilized facebook, twitter, linkd in and reddit please do everyone a favor and halt your comments about something you are unfamiliar with.

Apparently if you've never won a race it's impossible to have a lot of fans.
You werent a fan of joey until he won at new hampshire, correct? :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Well there's your problem. You refuse to embrace the 21st century.
That's actually not it at all.
I've perused social media. The problem that I see, especially with reddit, is a bunch of rude punk kids that grew up in a politically-correct environment, that truly believe that there are no consequences in life and that you are not responsible for your actions, words or lack of respect for others. I simply choose not to interact with people that are that far out of touch with reality. I don't know if these people didn't pay attention when they were growing up or whether they're a direct result of poor parenting.
When I grew up, you were taught to respect your elders and women. You were also taught that there were consequences. If you mouthed off to someone, chances are, you were probably going to get socked in the head. Parents these days do not properly discipline their offspring and the result are lippy, disrespectful kids that think that there's nothing that you can do to them. When I was a kid, there were no weak, dysfunctional ****thead kids going to their schools and gunning down their classmates simply because someone "bullied" them or (God forbid) posted something negative about them on "social" media. I got bullied in 7th grade by a guy in 9th grade. I didn't blow up the school or shoot 20 of my classmates, I hid in the bushes and cracked him upside the head with a piece of wood. End of bullying issue.
The simple fact of the matter is that social media creates anti-social dip****t kids that spend so much time in virtual life that they do not know how deal with real life situations. They hide behind their keyboards and talk crap. They respect nobody. I'd rather not associate with people like that. Hopefully, one day, these kids lip off to someone that was raised old-school.

Last edited:
I've perused social media. The problem that I see, especially with reddit, is a bunch of rude punk kids that grew up in a politically-correct environment, that truly believe that there are no consequences in life and that you are not responsible for your actions, words or lack of respect for others. I simply choose not to interact with people that are that far out of touch with reality. I don't know if these people didn't pay attention when they were growing up or whether they're a direct result of poor parenting.
The one who boasts about not having spoken to his son for 2 years .

I totally understand where you are coming from, I was raised the same way. Fortunately for me I never got into the video game craze. Instead I preferred sports and fishing. I was not cooped inside all day and anytime I ever wise mouthed to someone I either took a hand to the face or was forced to eat a bar of soap. I believe the generation under me are the ones who are going to be unpredictable in the next 10 to 15 years.

As far as redditors being out of touch with reality, I do not agree. I have friends and even my own roommate logs countless numbers of hours on reddit just killing time and there aint a thing wrong with them. Completely outgoing and curious about the world ahead of them. They're no different than I am. To each their own, I guess.

When I grew up, you were taught to respect your elders and women. You were also taught that there were consequences. If you mouthed off to someone, chances are, you were probably going to get socked in the head. Parents these days do not properly discipline their offspring and the result are lippy, disrespectful kids that think that there's nothing that you can do to them. When I was a kid, there were no weak, dysfunctional ****thead kids going to their schools and gunning down their classmates simply because someone "bullied" them or (God forbid) posted something negative about them on "social" media. I got bullied in 7th grade by a guy in 9th grade. I didn't blow up the school or shoot 20 of my classmates, I hid in the bushes and cracked him upside the head with a piece of wood. End of bullying issue.
The simple fact of the matter is that social media creates anti-social dip****t kids that spend so much time in virtual life that they do not know how deal with real life situations. They hide behind their keyboards and talk crap. They respect nobody. I'd rather not associate with people like that. Hopefully, one day, these kids lip off to someone that was raised old-school.
YEP.

the fan vote can't give this trophy
shiptrophy_zps48105d16.jpg

so he better cherish this one
MostPopularDriver_zps1e0d7911.jpg
Ooooh riiight lol Maybe Josh Wise should call up Maxim magazine for a photo shoot.... that should get him some recognition as a driver.
So, hating on Junior and Danica is perfectly acceptable, but don't let anyone say anything even remotely negative about poor Joshie or Reddit. Gotcha.

We're all a bunch of haters, and the sooner we all just embrace hate, the better off we'll all be.

The one who boasts about not having spoken to his son for 2 years ...
I'm not positive he's my son. He is a disrespectful kid. Well, he's not a kid anymore, he's 6' 2" and 27 years old but he's afraid to come over here because he knows I'm going to kick his ass for rudely disrespecting family members on (you guessed it) social media. He can choose to be estranged from the family or grow a pair and take his licks like a man. ;)

From one redditer in the /r/racing sub.

"Not a huge NASCAR fan, but I watch it more than Baseball. I've been excitedly telling all my other friends about the races lately though."

I've been excitedly telling all my other friends about the races lately though

If you have a problem with this, you need to find yourself a new sport.

See what I mean?
I'm actually in charge of what I need to do. I do not require direction from a college kid.
that wasnt directed at you :confused:

from Josh Wise's reddit account: "Yep! We are working on the final decals etc! I will def post some more pics once finalized!"

iRacing is sponsoring his car for the Dover race. :booya: There are also rumors of reddit members contacting amazon to sponsor his car soon

Josh Wise: 3 (Talladega, All Star Race, Dover)
Haters: 0

From one redditer in the /r/racing sub.

"Not a huge NASCAR fan, but I watch it more than Baseball. I've been excitedly telling all my other friends about the races lately though."

If you have a problem with this, you need to find yourself a new sport.

That's great.

Doesn't make Josh Wise the most popular driver.

That's great.

Doesn't make Josh Wise the most popular driver.
Idgaf about who wins the most popular driver award. It's an award that isnt won from behind the wheel. I care more about NASCAR exposure and the little guys receiving help, especially from fans.

Idgaf about who wins the most popular driver award. It's an award that isnt won from behind the wheel. I care more about NASCAR exposure and the little guys receiving help, especially from fans.
Oh I know how you feel. You've made it apparent. I don't disagree in that aspect. Just trying to keep this SOMEWHAT on topic.

Besides, if any of yall take a look at the nascar reddit, you will notice that, yes - there is a campaign to get Josh Wise into the MPD position

BUT

A majority are saying things like, "I like Josh but sorry, _____ _____ is my favorite driver. I'm voting for them."

Josh Wise dogedriver 31 points 11 hours ago

Vote for your favorite driver! That's what it's all about! All this voting craze is made too complicated by the media! Everyone should vote, and they should vote for the driver that they want to win, whoever that might be.
The Future Mr. PatrickJeremyMethfield[S] 18 points 10 hours ago

And then there's this guy. Coming here, interacting with fans, bringing in a boat load of new fans and just being cool and stuff.I wish the media would pick up on this so that if you do win the MPD, they'll know it's reasons like this that made you deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom